Windows 10: Hotspot - edit button not available

Discus and support Hotspot - edit button not available in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear, I am trying to get WIFI on my phone using my laptop who is connected to a lan wire. I have gone to mobile hotspot .Under "share my internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LPerrigue, Sep 8, 2018.

1. LPerrigue Win User

Hotspot - edit button not available

Dear,

I am trying to get WIFI on my phone using my laptop who is connected to a lan wire.

I have gone to mobile hotspot .Under "share my internet connection from", I don't have the "edit button". It disappear …

How can I get it back ?

thanks

:)

LPerrigue, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Mobile hotspot in windows 10 laptop

Hi,

You may change the password of your mobile hotspot so that the person you don't allowed to use it can't connect to it. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried changing the password. Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how you can change the password of the Mobile hotspot.:

• Open Settings then select Network & Internet.
    • Choose Mobile hotspot.
    • Under Mobile hotspot section, you can see the current name of the Wi-Fi hotspot and password. To change mobile hotspot name or password or both, click the
      Edit button.
    • Enter a new password for the network. Click Save button. Note that the password must be of at least 8 characters.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    how to turn on wifi hotspot in windows 10 computer if the option "mobile hotspot" is not available?

Hello Suyash,

• When you say “Mobile Hotspot is not available” what exactly are you referring to?
    If your PC has a cellular data connection, you can turn it into a mobile hotspot to share your connection with other devices. This uses data from your data plan.

1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet
    > Mobile hotspot.

2. Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, and then select Save.

3. Turn on the control under Mobile hotspot to share your cellular data connection.

4. To connect on the other device, go to the Wi-Fi settings on that device, find your network name, select it, enter the password, and then connect.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Arul_D, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Hotspot - edit button not available

hotspot

But mobile hotspot is not startng. when i clicking to turn on hotspot it is not turning on

HarishankarBehera, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Hotspot - edit button not available

1. Hotspot - edit button not available - Similar Threads - Hotspot edit button

2. Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing: I have windows 10 Pro and am trying to create a hotspot, however, when I turn in the hotspot, the "Band" feild is not showing at all ! I have a camera that works only over 2.4 Ghz bandwith and I am unable to connect it over the default 5 Ghz bandwith.I tired to go to the Wifi...
  3. Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing: I have windows 10 Pro and am trying to create a hotspot, however, when I turn in the hotspot, the "Band" feild is not showing at all ! I have a camera that works only over 2.4 Ghz bandwith and I am unable to connect it over the default 5 Ghz bandwith.I tired to go to the Wifi...
  4. 5GHz Hotspot is not available in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    5GHz Hotspot is not available in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If your Windows 11 computer fails to broadcast a 5Ghz hotspot, follow these tips to get rid of this problem. There could be various reasons why your PC might not broadcast 5GHz hotspots like 2.4Ghz. This article explains some of the most common reasons and solutions...
  5. Mobile Hotspot Edit Button Not Showing

Mobile Hotspot Edit Button Not Showing: Whenever I try to use my mobile hotspot, It can be turned on and the network can be selected but there is no option to edit the details and whenever I turn the hotspot on it doesn't show up on other devices. Can someone help? I have tried many guides and they don't seem to...
  6. VPN edit button missing

VPN edit button missing: Hi, When I create a VPN connection in windows 10, then later want to edit and go to 'Advanced options' of this connection, there is only 'Clear sign-in info' button and Edit button is missing. My user is administrator....
  7. Hotspot doens't show the edit tool.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hotspot doens't show the edit tool.: Hello, I want to make a hotspot out of my laptop using the hotspot tool from Windows 10. Google says that is have to edit the name and password of my hotspot but this doesn't show up. submitted by /u/kalmeknaap [link] [comments]...
  8. Sleep button not available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep button not available: I have a windows 10 pro PC, and I used to be able to click the start button in the bottom left corner, hit power, and have the option to sleep, restart, or shut down, for a reason unknown to me, the sleep button has disappeared. I tried going into control panel to change...
  9. edit my hotspot connection

edit my hotspot connection: Dear community , I can not edit my hotspot connection on my dell latitude E6330, so as to share my dial up internet connection. I get the message in red : we can't set up mobile hotspot because your pc doesn't have an ethernet , wi-fi, or cellular data connection....
  10. Rip button not available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rip button not available: I running Windows 10. When executing Windows Media Player, then inserting a CD, it begins playing the CD even though I have set the options to Ask me every time. What I want to do is rip the songs to my PC, but there is no Rip button displayed. Please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mobile hotspot edit gone