Windows 10: Hotspot enabled/connected but cant connect

Discus and support Hotspot enabled/connected but cant connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok, i see how people respond back to one another and im hoping to get some. I bought a laptop and connected to it fine via bluetooth using my note... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by N#ckneedshelp, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Hotspot enabled/connected but cant connect

Ok, i see how people respond back to one another and im hoping to get some. I bought a laptop and connected to it fine via bluetooth using my note 8..it forced me to do an update and afterwards i spent days trying to get rid of that yellow triangle of death. I ended up doing a hard reset..i can now connect to the internet but when i try, it says im not connected. Im trying to do this by my hotspot on my phone and not bluetooth although i have connected using bluetooth but only getting the same results. Ive fandangled in adapter settings and properties, fiddled in the BIOS, troubleshooting which says im connected to internet but still cant connect..

:)

N#ckneedshelp, Mar 20, 2020

2. mobile hotspot connection

Hi CELESTINEAMANKWAH-POKU,

first of all, try restarting the PC and try again.Otherwise, follow this procedure: Go to network connections, access the properties of the network adapter connected to the internet> Sharing tab, enable Internet Connection Sharing and confirm by pressing
    OK. (Skip this step if Internet Sharing is already enabled). Return to the Sharing tab and disable Internet Connection Sharing and confirm by pressing OK.
    Enable the mobile hotspot from the Settings panel and try again.

Note: When using the mobile hotspot, the checkboxes on the Sharing tab must remain unchecked, otherwise the mobile hotspot will not work

franco d'esaro, Mar 20, 2020
  3. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Mar 20, 2020
  4. John Ado Win User

Hotspot enabled/connected but cant connect

Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access

Got it.

This usually happen if Internet Connection Sharing was not enabled. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Network Connections.
    • Please note that at this point, your hotspot connection should be showing here
    • Right-click your internet source, which should be Ethernet.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Sharing.
    • Check the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection option.
    • Under Home networking connection drop-down menu select your
      hotspot connection name
    • Click OK.

Please advised as necessary.

John Ado, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Hotspot enabled/connected but cant connect

1. Hotspot enabled/connected but cant connect - Similar Threads - Hotspot enabled connected

2. Cant connect to my phone hotspots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant connect to my phone hotspots: Cant cect to my phone hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-my-phone-hotspots/d96f6eaf-8390-491d-9014-1940d8619d18
  3. Cant connect to my phone hotspots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant connect to my phone hotspots: Cant cect to my phone hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-my-phone-hotspots/d96f6eaf-8390-491d-9014-1940d8619d18
  4. Connecting to hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to hotspot: I have Windows 11 and have lots of trouble connecting to my hotspot. It connects without an issue from shutdown or startup; however, if I try to turn it on mid-use I have trouble connecting it occasionally picks up the wifi is available if I turn my hotspot on and off about...
  5. hotspot connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hotspot connection: Hi!!whenever I connect to my mobile hotspot , the laptop opens with "Bosch.com" ; before that "action needed" appears. How to remove this? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-connection/1def832e-dd08-4f09-8a90-b8a17d3b33a0
  6. HOTSPOT CONNECTION

HOTSPOT CONNECTION: When I try to connect my laptop to my Verizon Mobile Hotspot instead of putting in my password, it is telling me to look at my router and enter the PIN from the label. That it should be 8 digits usually. How in the world is my phone supposed to have a router number. Can...
  7. Hotspot connection

Hotspot connection: My laptop mobile hotspot isn't connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-connection/5d8bcaa3-7c96-4472-bc81-b38ee2293582
  8. Help, Hotspot connected but cant browse.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, Hotspot connected but cant browse.: HELP Was hotspoting to my hp laptop 8470p from my android J730G with no problem then at some point i can not browse web pages on any browser. I appear to be connected but no pages will display. I get the page saying "the site cant be reached, the connection was reset....
  9. cant connect to my hotspot

cant connect to my hotspot: So as title says. I got 3 desktops with win 10. All of them dont show connection to my hotspot. But it does show all of rest available connections. I did restart to my laptop (wife host) before it happened. Maybe it could be an issue ? Before i was using for weeks everything...
  10. Hotspot connection

Hotspot connection: Whenever I connect my laptop to my mobile through mobile hotspot for internet usage, I am unable to use the internet and I see "NO INTERNET" written beside my device name. But when I use other mobiles there is no such problem. What should I do?...