Windows 10: Hotspot in sleep mode.

Discus and support Hotspot in sleep mode. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem with running hotspot in sleep mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephenCurry5, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Hotspot in sleep mode.

I have a problem with running hotspot in sleep mode.

:)

StephenCurry5, Apr 5, 2020

2. Mobile hotspot and sleep mode

Thank you for answer.

• I started to use mobile hotspot, which I never did earlier.
    • By pressing power button, but the same issue occurs, when I use start->power->sleep
    • Yes - I wrote that after I use this function I can't turn computer to sleep mode. It is regardless if I have mobile hotspot turned on or not.

I checked internet and used "powercfg -requests" command in cmd. The result is, that after turning on mobile hotspot i have 2 requests:

SYSTEM:

[SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (icssvc)

AWAYMODE:

[SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (icssvc)

I don't know how to disable that. I wish I could make Windows insensitive to this requests. The best solution would be if I could turn the laptop to sleep mode, without turning off mobile hotspot (I know, that in sleep mode it would not working), but if
    I had to turn it off before using sleep mode it would be O.K.

Regards.

Hubert_k98, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Mobile hotspot and sleep mode

Hello Hubert,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Did you make any recent changes before the issue occur?
    • How do you put your computer in sleep mode?
    • Did you already try to disable the mobile hotspot when no one is using it?
    Regards.

Ma. Lau, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Hotspot in sleep mode.

Mobile hotspot while pc is sleeping

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. When computer goes to sleep mode which in turn disables necessary services which is why hotspot disconnects. However, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned and check if it works.

1. Open Device Manager by searching for it in search bar.
    2. Expand Network adapters and right click on
      Wireless Network Adapter.
    3. Select Properties and go to
      Power Management
      tab.
    4. Uncheck the box next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Hotspot in sleep mode.

1. Hotspot in sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Hotspot sleep mode

2. sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode: does my computers alarm sound off if the PC is asleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode/c2ecd7a5-73eb-4beb-b05d-271677d04c53
  3. no sleep mode

no sleep mode: how can i restore sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sleep-mode/c4aa3618-98e3-4e9a-baba-f00e89d4a2b0
  4. Sleep mode

Sleep mode: Hello, My computer won't go to sleep mode due to a process called MoUsoCoreWorker.exe. I have googled this problem and a suggested fix was to restart Windows Update Service in the Service Manager, unfortunately this is only a temporary fix. How would I permanently fix this...
  5. sleep mode

sleep mode: my laptop ASUS TUF A15 512GB SSD is taking too long to go to sleep mode like 1-2 minutes what could be the issue and how to resolve it ? It boots normally and comes out of sleep in about 3-5 seconds can some one help me...
  6. Sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode?: Is it working on the newest build? submitted by /u/whiffleboy666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hx72gq/sleep_mode/
  7. sleep mode

sleep mode: Why is my computer not staying on sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode/feaa59a6-5398-435e-8347-b758f7d058d8
  8. hotspot still working while the laptop in sleep mode

hotspot still working while the laptop in sleep mode: hi, Hotspot still working while the laptop on sleep mode, if that possible???? because when I keep the hotspot working I can't put my laptop on sleep mode. Please if anybody know how to solve this or know anything about. Thank you....
  9. Sleep mode

Sleep mode: Good day, Please what does allow hybrid sleep mode mean? I want my internet on and want to be connected to internet while my computer is asleep. Please explain hybrid sleep to me and how I can achieve my need. Camillus....
  10. Sleep Mode

Sleep Mode: I am running into an issue where every third or fourth time I press the delete key on Windows 10 while using Excel or Google Sheets most notably, my computer goes into sleep mode. It is incredibly frustrating, and I have changed all of my sleep settings to "Never." I...