Windows 10: Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork)

Discus and support Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to share my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop's internet connection through the cmd via netsh wlan start hostednetwork. I already know you first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DorksBilly, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork)

I am trying to share my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop's internet connection through the cmd via netsh wlan start hostednetwork.

I already know you first have to enter set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="ssid" pass="pass," but then when I enter netsh wlan start hostednetwork, I receive the error "The hosted network couldn't be started.

The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation."

I have looked online for months to no avail for a solution, I have already tried hidden network adapters in device manager and anything else I have seen suggested, I have deduced that I am missing Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter, but cannot find it in device manager, or through the add hardware process, or the Microsoft website. I am routing my phone's data to my laptop through an app called pdaNet+, and while the computer allows me to access the internet, in the wifi settings, it says "connected, no internet," I know this is not the case however, because I am currently typing this question on the microsoft website through that connection.

:)

DorksBilly, Apr 1, 2019

2. Setting up a Mobile Hotspot in WIN 10 using NETSH Commands.

Below are some commands I came across on another forum to help get Mobile hotspot working. These commands also work on Windows 7 and 8 and possible other older Windows OS's.

Commands all run while in Command Prompt (Admin)

1. The first step is to make sure that your device/PC's wireless adaptor/s include support for Hosted Network. (This is covered in the tip section of the tutorial).

Code:
    Code:
    NETSH WLAN show drivers
    This command will show The detail and a line indicating that
    You also see what the Hosted network settings are before you start the process with this command.
    Code:
    Code:
    NETSH WLAN show hostednetwork
    The response is a listing of all the details related to Hosted Network. Mode; SSID Name; Max number of clients allowed; Cipher.
    You can also check the security settings with this command:
    Code:
    Code:
    NETSH WLAN show hostednetwork setting=security
    The response is a listing of the parameters, Authentication; Cipher; Security key; User security key; Usage.

2. Next would be to set the Hosted Network mode to "allowed" and to set SSID to a name you wish choose, and also at the same time to allocate a Password
    Code:
    Code:
    NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=[SSID Name] key=[password(minimum of 8 characters)]
    The response will be to confirm your settings.

Note it is possible to disallow Hosted network at any time using the command
    Code:
    Code:
    NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode= disallow
    3. Then you need to actually Start a Hosted network by activating it.

Code:
    Code:
    NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork
    Note: It is possible at any time to stop a Hosted network with the command

Code:
    Code:
    NETSH WLAN stop hostednetwork
    4. Now you need to share the existing Internet connection with this newly created Hosted Network, by setting up the "Internet Connection Sharing" feature on the applicable network adaptor.

a. Access the Network Connections by whatever way you like such as [Windows key+X]
    b. Right click on the Properties tab for that Internet connection.
    c. At the same time you should see a new Network Connection called "Local Area Connection...."
    d. Click the Sharing tab
    e. tick the "Allow other network users to share this connection"
    f. Select the new Virtual Network from the drop down list.
    g. [OK] to finish.

Hope this helps others' with the same problem as well as allows those Insiders interested in following up why the quick action settings do not always work for everyone.

I continue to get the error code " We can't set up mobile hotspot. Turn On Wi-Fi", and the Mobile hotspot screen does not reflect the settings I have done using the NETSH commands.

I would have expected that once Mobile hotspot is set up, the quick action screen would come back with the correct display such as mobile Hotspot = ON.

Geoff Daniell, Apr 1, 2019
  3. netsh wlan hostednetwork no more working after Win10Anniv update ..

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=something key=somethingsomething

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

is not working anymore.. All my devices stuck on "Obtaining IP Address" message.

Tried with enabling disabling of both ethernet and wifi adapter.

New hosted network, many times

changing passwords, many times

rebooting maching, many times

switching off firewalls

but no help....

Any suggestions.???

gav_dhiman, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork)

Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork) [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork)

1. Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork) - Similar Threads - Hotspot netsh wlan

2. I am getting error in running command "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" ......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting error in running command "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" ......: when I run command it gives error -->> [The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.]But it can be enabled from setting:My problem is that , mobile hotspot can only be ON if the system is...
  3. I am getting error in running command "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" ......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting error in running command "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" ......: when I run command it gives error -->> [The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.]But it can be enabled from setting:My problem is that , mobile hotspot can only be ON if the system is...
  4. I am getting error in running command "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" ......

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. netsh wlan show wlanreport duration="38"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    netsh wlan show wlanreport duration="38": I need some information regarding the specific WLAN router SSID: SAMRAKSHHow can get it using below commandnetsh wlan show wlanreport duration="38" logger="SAMRAKSH"...
  6. Netsh WLAN command

Netsh WLAN command: I just discovered the NETSH utility. Ran netsh wlan show all on my new desktop PC to see which router wifi channels are being used by other visible networks in my neighborhood. To my astonishment it listed every wifi network profile at least 100, mostly hotels I have...
  7. Mobile Hotspot at startup, *not* hostednetwork

Mobile Hotspot at startup, *not* hostednetwork: I've seen a ton of posts telling people how to turn on a hostednetwork at startup but I need to use the Mobile Hotspot. Surely there is some .exe which does the same job as clicking the Mobile Hotspot button, which I can use for a scheduled task in the Task Scheduler. I'll be...
  8. Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork)

Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork): Trying to share my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop's internet connection through the cmd via netsh wlan start hostednetwork. To enter set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="ssid" pass="pass," 运行命令: 'netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=ssidName key=your8characterPassword'...
  9. Using netsh wlan commands not working

Using netsh wlan commands not working: Someone else's network keeps popping up in my list of networks in the Windows 10 Action Center. I've used a cmd prompt and followed all instructions for using "netsh wlan" commands to deny all (and then allow my own network to show, but the network I blocked still keeps...
  10. What's the Windows 10 default for "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode="

What's the Windows 10 default for "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=": I was wondering what is the Windows 10 default setting for this one, is it actually allow or disallow? Code: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=[/quote] 29492

Users found this page by searching for:

1. listing netsh hostednetworks

2. share local internet via hostednetwork

3. windows 10 mobile hotspot netsh hostednetwork show connections