Windows 10: Hotspot over LTE cannot be activated / message: To share your connecti

Discus and support Hotspot over LTE cannot be activated / message: To share your connecti in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello forum, I'm new here and currently having a problem with my Windows 10 LTSC 2019 / 1809 Tablet PC. The point is to provide a HotSpot on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vuri, Apr 1, 2021.

1. vuri Win User

Hotspot over LTE cannot be activated / message: To share your connecti

Hello forum,

I'm new here and currently having a problem with my Windows 10 LTSC 2019 / 1809 Tablet PC.
    The point is to provide a HotSpot on the device, with the Internet connection running via the internal LTE / SIM card.
    The Internet connection via the LTE / SIM card works without problems, i.e. surfing is possible as normal.

But if I want to activate the mobile HotSpot it doesn't work with the message "To share your connection, you need to add this feature to your cellular data plan first". I have already spoken to my provider and checked the APN data, which are entered correctly so far.
    When I switch the Internet connection from LTE to WIFI, the HotSpot can be activated and used again.

Does anyone have any idea whether there are even deeper Windows settings that you have to activate first in order to make a HotSpot usable via LTE?

Regards

:)

vuri, Apr 1, 2021
  2. drseth Win User

Really Cheap Unlimited 4G LTE Sprint Hotspot

Hi,

Last year I spent $500 to get a Sprint network 4G LTE hotspot (Franklin R850), which included a year's unlimited internet, through the Calyx Institute, which also has a tax deductible deal. Without FIOS and suffering with 2.5mbps DSL, the 20mbps hotspot seemed like a bargain.

I also found 4G community, which offers the same deal, for $250 yearly.

Then, I found a deal out of Minnesota, PCs for People, which offers $10/month unlimited 4G LTE service for those who are disabled or otherwise qualify. I sent ahead and got a second hotspot (Franklin R850) with the same Sprint service.

I live a mile line of sight from the tower, and get 2 bars downstairs, 3 bars upstairs, in a house with a concrete shingled roof, plaster walls. The Franklin hotspot does not have an external antenna connector, so I am looking for a 4G router/gateway with external antenna(s) to improve the signal. Not sure what to get.

drseth, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Joe Men Win User
    Enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on Lumia 950

Hello,
    Christene

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you want to enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your Lumia 950.

To enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Tap on Network & wireless.
    3. Tap Mobile hotspot.
    4. Tap on the On/Off slider to enable the Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Runnin MT Win User

internet sharing or hotspots

How do I activate a hotspot on a Nokia Lumia 635 when it isn't listed in the settings

Runnin MT, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Hotspot over LTE cannot be activated / message: To share your connecti - Similar Threads - Hotspot LTE cannot

2. Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot no "Share over" setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot no "Share over" setting: HiI want to use my mobile hotspot on Windows 11 so my phone has an internet connection.I've seen that I can use the built-in mobile hotspot from Windows, but I don't have the option "Share over". I only have the option "Share my connection from".Can anyone please help...
  3. Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot no "Share over" setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot no "Share over" setting: HiI want to use my mobile hotspot on Windows 11 so my phone has an internet connection.I've seen that I can use the built-in mobile hotspot from Windows, but I don't have the option "Share over". I only have the option "Share my connection from".Can anyone please help...
  4. I cannot share a hotspot anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot share a hotspot anymore: I have been trying for the past month to share a hotspot to my phone, since my laptop is connected with Ethernet and the router is too far away from my office. However, when I connect my phone, it seems like it is connected, but I never get a connection. This is on Windows...
  5. I cannot share a hotspot anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot share a hotspot anymore: I have been trying for the past month to share a hotspot to my phone, since my laptop is connected with Ethernet and the router is too far away from my office. However, when I connect my phone, it seems like it is connected, but I never get a connection. This is on Windows...
  6. Mobile Hotspot cannot be activated with ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile Hotspot cannot be activated with ethernet: Hi, I'm currently facing the problem that I cannot create a Wifi mobile hotspot while I'm connected with Ethernet (Ethernet to Wifi). I'm using a Lenovo L380 with an ethernet adapter from lenovo since this device has no RJ-45 port. I have absolutely no clue what is causing...
  7. Mobile Hotspot not connectiing to My phones or loading apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot not connectiing to My phones or loading apps: Hello I will start by saying that I hope I can resolve this problem :D First : I been having this problem with my mobile hotspot since I started using again my pc I refresh it twice in this year. Them after that I being searching why my mobile hotspot is functioning in a...
  8. Cannot access files over Network Sharing

Cannot access files over Network Sharing: After a good deal of bad words about the removal of homegroup and about the "easy" Windows 10 file sharing, squeezing my brain to the last neuron and thanks to the help of the community too ... *** I succeeded in having my 2 PCs on my home network visible one each other on...
  9. Sharing a VPN Internet over Mobile hotspot in Windows 10

Sharing a VPN Internet over Mobile hotspot in Windows 10: I want to share my VPN internet connection over wifi. please help me regarding this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/sharing-a-vpn-internet-over-mobile-hotspot-in/d732977f-79aa-4c9e-972c-1ec4c01fc1e1
  10. Cannot share folders over home network

Cannot share folders over home network: I used to have a HomeGroup, I understand that this is now gone. I can now only see media files over the network. I have changed all the folder secure sharing settings to allow viewing folders over the home network. I still don't see them. Just the media files. What's the...