Windows 10: Hotspot settings

Discus and support Hotspot settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got connected to wired internet which I want to share with a friend through hotspot. I've done all the necessary settings, but whenever my tries... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KwameWQ, Jul 7, 2020.

1. KwameWQ Win User

Hotspot settings

I just got connected to wired internet which I want to share with a friend through hotspot. I've done all the necessary settings, but whenever my tries to connect, he gets "unable to obtain IP address". Can someone else help me?

:)

KwameWQ, Jul 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Can't set up mobile hotspot

Hi,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with your network connection. With that said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, kindly answer the following:

• Are you connected to the internet while setting up the Mobile hotspot?
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.

Charianne Per, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Hotspot settings

mobile hotspot settings on my laptop

Hi,

It looks like the Mobile Hotspot feature of your Windows 10 PC has been enabled. To turn this feature off, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Settings.
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot, then toggle it OFF.

Feel free to update us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Hotspot settings

1. Hotspot settings - Similar Threads - Hotspot settings

2. i want to set the Mobbile hotspot from 5ghz to 2.4 ghz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to set the Mobbile hotspot from 5ghz to 2.4 ghz: Hi, i can't connect my Xiaomi with my 5GHZ mobile wifi, in windows 11 the option to change doesnt exist anymore.. hotspot settings; -> Propeties -> editi can only give an name and set a password. 'my wifi is 4.2 & 5Ghz...
  3. i want to set the Mobbile hotspot from 5ghz to 2.4 ghz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to set the Mobbile hotspot from 5ghz to 2.4 ghz: Hi, i can't connect my Xiaomi with my 5GHZ mobile wifi, in windows 11 the option to change doesnt exist anymore.. hotspot settings; -> Propeties -> editi can only give an name and set a password. 'my wifi is 4.2 & 5Ghz...
  4. I cannot connect my Mobil hotspot from phone to laptop it’s is telling me that we can’t set...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot connect my Mobil hotspot from phone to laptop it’s is telling me that we can’t set...: Hi, I want to connect my mobile hotspot since I don’t have Wifi in my new place. But when I got to mobile hotspot on my phone it won’t let me set it up because it’s says my PC doesn’t have a Ethernet, wifi or cellular data connection. How can I set up and share my data from...
  5. I cannot connect my Mobil hotspot from phone to laptop it’s is telling me that we can’t set...

I cannot connect my Mobil hotspot from phone to laptop it’s is telling me that we can’t set...: Hi, I want to connect my mobile hotspot since I don’t have Wifi in my new place. But when I got to mobile hotspot on my phone it won’t let me set it up because it’s says my PC doesn’t have a Ethernet, wifi or cellular data connection. How can I set up and share my data from...
  6. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it: Hi,I've followed the very easy instructions on how to setup a WiFi hotspot from my Surface Pro running Windows 10 but my iPhone 13 running iOS version 17.0.2 won't connect to it. All I get is the spinning logo.I can connect to the 'normal' WiFi from my router with my iPhone...
  7. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it

WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it: Hi,I've followed the very easy instructions on how to setup a WiFi hotspot from my Surface Pro running Windows 10 but my iPhone 13 running iOS version 17.0.2 won't connect to it. All I get is the spinning logo.I can connect to the 'normal' WiFi from my router with my iPhone...
  8. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it

10. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing