Windows 10: Hotspot tethering

Discus and support Hotspot tethering in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to connect to internet when trying to connect with hotspot tethering from my iphone, but works with other phones. I am using Windows 10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VikramManvelikar, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Hotspot tethering

I am unable to connect to internet when trying to connect with hotspot tethering from my iphone, but works with other phones. I am using Windows 10 on my laptop. Internet looks connected when connected through iphone hotspot without any internet access

:)

VikramManvelikar, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Mobile Hotspot via USB tethered cell phone

Hi Phattie,

Just to clarify, are you trying to share the internet connection received by your Windows 10 laptop to other devices you have like Xbox? If so, we suggest to enable Mobile Hotspot feature on your Windows 10 by performing the following steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot tab on the left pane.
    • Turn on the "Share my Internet connection with other devices".
    • If you want to edit network info, click Edit.
    • Check your other device if it will detect your Windows 10 Mobile hotspot feature.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Iphone 6 Tmobile Tethering Mobile Hotspot No Internet

I have a Iphone 6 that has a personal hotspot that I have been trying to connect to my laptop via USB and Wifi. I currently have Windows 10 running on my HP Envy dv6 C2Y45AV. I also taken necessary steps to harden the system against viruses and attacks.
    So far the only issues that I am having is trying to tether with my Iphone's personal hotspot. I can connect other devices such as tablets to the hotspot but with no luck with my laptop.

The laptop and Iphone 6 will show that the devices is connected but with "no internet".

My laptop will however connect via ethernet and wifi just not via hotspot.

I have the current version of Itunes and the IOS on my Iphone 6 is current.

I would greatly appreciate some step by step guide to resolve my issues with connecting to a hotspot.

JohnApplease, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Suman_B Win User

Hotspot tethering

Hotspot internet using Bluetooth

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Are you trying to create a hotspot through Bluetooth on your PC?
    2. What is the version and
      build
      of you operating system? In the Search box, type
      winver
      to get this info.
    3. What is the Make and the model of the Phone and Computer?

If you want to create a Hotspot on your PC, suggest you to refer this article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot.

As you have mentioned that you want to use Bluetooth to connect to internet, you will need to enable the Bluetooth Tethering option on your phone and then connect the phone through Bluetooth with the PC.

If you are using an iPhone, please refer the section Connect to Personal Hotspot with Bluetooth
    from the article
    If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular)

If you are using an Android phone please refer the steps in the article
    Share a mobile connection by tethering or hotspot on Android

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Hotspot tethering

1. Hotspot tethering - Similar Threads - Hotspot tethering

2. Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...: there was a question asked like this but it didn't solve the problem. i have already restarted the network settings. if someone could help that would be great....
  3. Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...: there was a question asked like this but it didn't solve the problem. i have already restarted the network settings. if someone could help that would be great....
  4. laptop crashes on turning on hotspot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop crashes on turning on hotspot.: Everytime i turn on hotspot It crashes. it occurs mainly when my laptop is charging. can anyone help me find out the issue and a way to solve this issue. Once i checked task manager just before it crashed i noticed that the memory usage was too high 99 to 100 %....
  5. Windows 10 mobile hotspot : After tethered to phone, suddenly my laptop cannot connected to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 mobile hotspot : After tethered to phone, suddenly my laptop cannot connected to...: As the title said, my company works with some strange rules that make my Pixel 3xl cannot connected to company wifi. So i use "mobile hotspot". It work flawlessly until last April; both phone and laptop can connect to the internet, problem solved. But now, once the tethering...
  6. Windows 10 mobile hotspot : After tethered to phone, suddenly my laptop cannot connected to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mobile hotspot : After tethered to phone, suddenly my laptop cannot connected to...: As the title said, my company works with some strange rules that make my Pixel 3xl cannot connected to company wifi. So i use "mobile hotspot". It work flawlessly until last April; both phone and laptop can connect to the internet, problem solved. But now, once the tethering...
  7. Windows 10 mobile hotspot : After tethered to phone, suddenly my laptop cannot connected to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. KB5014699 screwed up my USB Tethered hotspot option.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KB5014699 screwed up my USB Tethered hotspot option.: FYI, the most current cumulative update (KB5014699) totally fucked up my mobile hotspot enabled from a usb tethered connection. I could no longer access specific sites and apps (reddit and discord among others). Uninstalling the patch fixed the issue. submitted by...
  9. Hotspot and tethering issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotspot and tethering issues: I am at a complete loss with regards to what is going on with my hotspot connection between my Windows 10 laptop and Xiaomi mi9SE smartphone. I have tried various processes of elimination to try to diagnose the issue but finding it incredibly difficult and frustrating because...
  10. No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot): When I use wifi on my PC to connect to my router/modem, internet works fine. But when I connect to my Android phone's access point (tethering) I don't get internet access. You might think it's a problem with the Android phone, but other Android devices can connect to it and...