Windows 10: hotspot using bridged internet connection

Discus and support hotspot using bridged internet connection in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have a second computer that i use as server. It has an network poort on the motherboard and an intel 2 poort NIC where 2 pc's are connected. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by niels storms, Nov 29, 2022.

1. hotspot using bridged internet connection

Hello,I have a second computer that i use as server. It has an network poort on the motherboard and an intel 2 poort NIC where 2 pc's are connected. i use a networkbridge to give the 2 pc's there lan access. lan is provided with cabel. Now i want to use an USB wifi adapter to create a hotspot on the server. can setup the hotspot but can't get internet access. if i delete the bridge and create hotspot then it works. "share my internet connection from" is my first ethernet poort, bridged or not.is there a way to select the network bridge or do i have to setup my hotspot different?

:)

niels storms, Nov 29, 2022

2. Hotspot Bridge

Is there a way to bridge a hosted hotspot with a TAP adapter from OpenVPN? I want devices connecting to my laptop hotspot to access the remote (VPN server side) LAN's dhcp and other services.

JamesAMerrill, Nov 29, 2022
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Network bridge suddenly stopped working in windows 10

Hi Shantanu,

To isolate your concern, we would like to know how your network bridge is connected? Is it a wireless connection or a wired connection?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set up your network bridge to refresh the adapter and reconnect the other devices. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Add Incoming Connections from the Internet.
    • Bridge the two network connections that you want to use.
    • Forget the internal network connection (under
      Manage Known Networks).
    • Reconnect to your bridge network.
    • Restart your computer and check if your concern persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Nov 29, 2022
  4. John Ado Win User

hotspot using bridged internet connection

Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access

Got it.

This usually happen if Internet Connection Sharing was not enabled. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Network Connections.
    • Please note that at this point, your hotspot connection should be showing here
    • Right-click your internet source, which should be Ethernet.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Sharing.
    • Check the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection option.
    • Under Home networking connection drop-down menu select your
      hotspot connection name
    • Click OK.

Please advised as necessary.

John Ado, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

hotspot using bridged internet connection

1. hotspot using bridged internet connection - Similar Threads - hotspot using bridged

2. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network bridge “no internet connection”: Hello,I have 2 ethernet cables connected on my computer using 2 diferent systems to get ethernet from same provider, one is using one wifi repeater them connecting with cable to my computermy computer does not have wifi and the other one is using powerline, the wifi repeater...
  3. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network bridge “no internet connection”: Hello,I have 2 ethernet cables connected on my computer using 2 diferent systems to get ethernet from same provider, one is using one wifi repeater them connecting with cable to my computermy computer does not have wifi and the other one is using powerline, the wifi repeater...
  4. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. hotspot using bridged internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hotspot using bridged internet connection: Hello,I have a second computer that i use as server. It has an network poort on the motherboard and an intel 2 poort NIC where 2 pc's are connected. i use a networkbridge to give the 2 pc's there lan access. lan is provided with cabel. Now i want to use an USB wifi adapter to...
  6. hotspot using bridged internet connection

hotspot using bridged internet connection: Hello,I have a second computer that i use as server. It has an network poort on the motherboard and an intel 2 poort NIC where 2 pc's are connected. i use a networkbridge to give the 2 pc's there lan access. lan is provided with cabel. Now i want to use an USB wifi adapter to...
  7. Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection

Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection: Hello everyone, how i can use the function HOTSPOT on Windows 10 (1809), without internet? I wanna connect my smartphone to another use. It's possible? On windows 7, i can use this, simple, but in the windows 10 not work. - I tried use: v OK, But netsh wlan...
  8. Hotspot Bridge

Hotspot Bridge: Is there a way to bridge a hosted hotspot with a TAP adapter from OpenVPN? I want devices connecting to my laptop hotspot to access the remote (VPN server side) LAN's dhcp and other services....
  9. Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection

Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection: I am developing an offline solution and would like to use the Mobile Hotspot Wi-Fi in areas without internet service. It seems that the Mobile hotspot cannot be turned on when I'm offline. Is there any workaround for this? Please advise. Many thanks! Noah...
  10. connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot

connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot: i recently got a new laptop it is an asus with windows 10. when i first got it i was able to connect to the internet using my phones hotspot, i was able to do this for a few weeks, then all of a sudden it didn't even give me the option to choose hotspot for me to connect to...