Windows 10: Hotspot won't turn on "we can't set up mobile hotspot"

Discus and support Hotspot won't turn on "we can't set up mobile hotspot" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, Sorry to do this but i just got off the phone to Microsoft who were not inclined to assist. Told me to come back here or go to my internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bryce aka Zorro, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Hotspot won't turn on "we can't set up mobile hotspot"

Hi all,

Sorry to do this but i just got off the phone to Microsoft who were not inclined to assist. Told me to come back here or go to my internet service provider?! lol it's not a network connectivity issue..

OK rant over. issue is that my mobile hotspot won't turn on using wifi and gives me the error message "we can't set up mobile hotspot" but if i toggle the connection to bluetooth it is fine to turn on.

I suspect it is a driver or network adapter issue but i have tried a number of solutions i found online vie websites, here and on youtube to no avail. i've actually lost tack of what i have tried.

interesingly i found a way to manually turn it on via the cmd prompt and tested that this was working but it still won't let me turn it on via the windows settings.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I"m using an old HP pavilion DV6 computer which i upgraded to Windows 10 Home from the windows 7 home premium system.

cheers

Bryce Hotspot won't turn on "we can't set up mobile hotspot" 2786f782-52cf-44b4-bdc8-cdaf8100a408?upload=true.png

:)

Bryce aka Zorro, Aug 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 26, 2020
  3. tommygun Win User
    Projecting to this PC with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?

Hi.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 1909 trying to cast my Android phone to Windows 10 with Mobile Hotspot turned on.

The phone is connected to the internet with Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot, but the screen cast is only is working when Mobile Hotspot is turned off.

Is there a way to screen cast with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

tommygun, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Hotspot won't turn on "we can't set up mobile hotspot"

lorraine walsh, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Hotspot won't turn on "we can't set up mobile hotspot"

1. Hotspot won't turn on "we can't set up mobile hotspot" - Similar Threads - Hotspot won't turn

2. Mobile hotspot can't turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile hotspot can't turn on: Hi please assist my laptop after installed windows 10 didn't want to turn mobile hotspot I tried several methods but it didn't help. If you have another methods that can help please assist...
  3. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set up mobile hotspot.: LAN Internet connection perfectly running but mobile hotspot cant switch on.... when try to switch on 'share connection with other devices tab' show cant set up mobile hotspot. pliz advise....
  4. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set up mobile hotspot.: LAN Internet connection perfectly running but mobile hotspot cant switch on.... when try to switch on 'share connection with other devices tab' show cant set up mobile hotspot. pliz advise....
  5. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Win 10 hotspot error ( We can't set up mobile hotspot. )

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 hotspot error ( We can't set up mobile hotspot. ): I have a problem with the hotspot service of win 10, I tried to solve it by netsh commands but the virtual network adapter which I got is a local network adapter ( seems like a wired one not a wireless one ), I remember that it was a Microsoft virtual wi-fi adapter not a...
  7. Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot

Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot: I have Windows 10. And I have a good network connection with good internet. But my laptop does not set up mobile hotspot. It says "We can't set up mobile hotspot." . I am facing this problem from January, 2019. Please HELP me....
  8. Mobile Hotspot Won't Turn On

Mobile Hotspot Won't Turn On: I've been using the mobile hotspot for a while now and I've never had any problems, but for the past couple days, I haven't been able to get it to work. On my sidebar it says it's turning off, and whenever I go to the settings it just gets stuck loading [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. can't turn on mobile hotspot

can't turn on mobile hotspot: I can't turn on my mobile hotspot even though it's connected to wifi and allow internet connection sharing is checked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-mobile-hotspot/6a8750ad-f3a3-4aaf-a401-bf7e3de69c91
  10. Can't turn on mobile hotspot

Can't turn on mobile hotspot: I can't turn on my mobile hotspot even though it's connected to wifi and allow to allow internet connection sharing is checked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-mobile-hotspot/489d1e96-4c7c-49cf-b164-e5dec59542aa