Windows 10: HotspotShield Install Error Could not write value DisplayName to Key

Discus and support HotspotShield Install Error Could not write value DisplayName to Key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I uninstalled it yesterday and tried to reinstall it. When I go to reinstall, during the phase where it says 'Copying Registry Files' or something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by budgiebricks, Jan 25, 2023.

1. HotspotShield Install Error Could not write value DisplayName to Key

I uninstalled it yesterday and tried to reinstall it. When I go to reinstall, during the phase where it says 'Copying Registry Files' or something along the lines of that last phase, it gives me an error saying: Could not write value DisplayName to key \Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HotspotShield. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel. I've tried ways such as editing permissions but it doesn't work for some reason. I think it might be because I had tinkered with the registry before and messed something up, but I don't think it wo

:)

budgiebricks, Jan 25, 2023

2. Error 1406.Could not write value VisualStudio.htm.14.0 to key

I get this error . In Visual Studio core Features installing step throw this error.

I tried vs2015 enterprise and professional

My OS w10

I have İnstalled previous version 2010,2012,2013 but ı remove all , result unsuccessfulll.

I tried to set permisson from regedit

Error 1406.Could not write value VisualStudio.htm.14.0 to key \Software\Classes\.htm\OpenWithProgids. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

How I solve this issue.

MesutYigit, Jan 25, 2023
  3. _Partha_ Win User
    Getting "DisplayName" for installed MS store apps

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve the "DisplayName" of installed Store apps from an UWP console based app (C++/WinRT).

Able to get other details by using PackageManager APIs.

Package Class DisplayName property returns empty string for all the store apps.

Noticed below comments from the remarks section:

If you call this property on an instance of a package that was created by any mechanism other than Package.Current,
    this property returns an empty string ("").

Not sure if there are any alternatives to retrieve this value.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Partha

_Partha_, Jan 25, 2023
  4. HotspotShield Install Error Could not write value DisplayName to Key

Hotspotshield

i have a lumia 535 running windows 8.1. I installed hotspotshield but itdoest not open when i tried to login from my microsoft account when asked. Pls fix.

Mohamed ZaflanSeedin, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

HotspotShield Install Error Could not write value DisplayName to Key

1. HotspotShield Install Error Could not write value DisplayName to Key - Similar Threads - HotspotShield Install Error

2. Cannot create value or key, Error writing to the registry

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot create value or key, Error writing to the registry: [IMG]When some Windows users tried creating value or key in Registry Editor, they failed due to lack of permission or misconfiguration. This issue is mainly caused when the user doesn’t have permission to access or perform actions on the folder under which they are trying to...
  3. HotspotShield Install Error Could not write value DisplayName to Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HotspotShield Install Error Could not write value DisplayName to Key: I uninstalled it yesterday and tried to reinstall it. When I go to reinstall, during the phase where it says 'Copying Registry Files' or something along the lines of that last phase, it gives me an error saying: Could not write value DisplayName to key...
  4. Cannot edit URL: Error writing the value's new contents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot edit URL: Error writing the value's new contents.: I have changed c:\users\Old_Name to c:\users\New_Name, but have an error above when trying to edit in the registry.[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search\CrawlScopeManager\Windows\SystemIndex\DefaultRules\9]...
  5. Cannot edit URL: Error writing the value's new contents.

Cannot edit URL: Error writing the value's new contents.: I have changed c:\users\Old_Name to c:\users\New_Name, but have an error above when trying to edit in the registry.[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search\CrawlScopeManager\Windows\SystemIndex\DefaultRules\9]...
  6. hotspotShield doesn't connect

hotspotShield doesn't connect: Dear SirHelloI have win 10 21H2 , installed from the store hotspotshield , but it doesn't connectattached screenshutthank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspotshield-doesnt-connect/d084139b-c785-42a2-a20e-572f599d41e3
  7. hotspotShield doesn't connect

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    hotspotShield doesn't connect: Dear SirHelloI have win 10 21H2 , installed from the store hotspotshield , but it doesn't connectattached screenshutthank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspotshield-doesnt-connect/d084139b-c785-42a2-a20e-572f599d41e3
  8. hotspotShield doesn't connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. RegSetValueExW failed to write value name and value data to registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    RegSetValueExW failed to write value name and value data to registry: RegSetValueExW Unicode version of function failed to write the value name and value data to registry in windows 10. The value name contains more than 1000 characters,value data contains 16,000 characters. RegSetValueExW function return returns ERROR_SUCCESS but the value...
  10. Getting "DisplayName" for installed MS store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Getting "DisplayName" for installed MS store apps: Hi, I am trying to retrieve the "DisplayName" of installed Store apps from an UWP console based app C++/WinRT. Able to get other details by using PackageManager APIs. Package Class DisplayName property returns empty string for all the store apps. Noticed below...