Windows 10: Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse

Discus and support Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can any Microsoft technicians or any Microsoft Community members create an app that will turn off the Mouse Hover / Auto-Select / auto-highlight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James VFaggotter, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse

Can any Microsoft technicians or any Microsoft Community members create an app that will turn off the Mouse Hover / Auto-Select / auto-highlight function in Windows 10, please. The Microsoft technicians should create a trouble-shooting tool to do it. It is clearly evident via the posts on Microsoft Community that this has been a long standing issue / problem for many people. - Jim

:)

James VFaggotter, Sep 28, 2018

2. How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10

Hi LianeLe,

There's a possibility that the auto-select on mouse hover is enabled on mouse settings that's you're experiencing this kind of issue. You may follow these steps to disable this feature and see if it works:

• Open Settings.
    • On the search bar, type in Control Panel, and click it from the search results.
    • Once in Control Panel window, set the view to small icons, then select
      Ease of Access Center.
    • Under Explore all settings, select Make the mouse easier to use option.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, uncheck Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Once done, click Apply, then OK.

Please observe if the mouse still auto-select and then update this thread with the result so I can assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Mouse auto selecting at random

I have a Sony Vaio Fit 15 laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I use MS Paint quite a lot and have noticed that occasionally when using a USB mouse the point will auto select or auto draw lines or shading. This also happens in MS Edge with the result being
    it will auto highlight and select items at random. I have no idea what is happening as it will be fine for 3-4 days and then it will do it again. I have tired a wired USB mouse, a wireless USB. mouse and a Bluetooth mouse but the issue still occurs. It
    doesn't happen when I just use the trackpad. Before I go and get a new laptop, can someone please provide any advice.

AnthonyEast, Sep 28, 2018
  4. 1Kurgan1 Win User

Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse

Auto Highlight?

I came home from college to find my comp off and I asked the gf about it, she said my kid has hit the power switch, happens oh well. I turn it back on then I can't find my mouse, she tells me she put it up so he couldn't grab it, I then find it on the floor (so much for it being up).

So I put it back on the pad and on the desktop I instantly notice that whenever I move over any icons it auto highlights them. And I don't need to double click to open anything, just a single click. I thought it seemed like the mouse was "loaded" and maybe stuck down, but in Google Chrome it's working fine, so I'm wondering what the heck could cause this.

1Kurgan1, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse

1. Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse - Similar Threads - Hover auto select

2. Need to disable auto-select on hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to disable auto-select on hover: I just got a new Lenovo system with Windows 11 Pro. Leaving the mouse over any selectable item seems extraordinarily dangerous. After a few seconds hovering, it decides I mean to select and goes ahead. In only a couple days of use, it has happened many times, and it even...
  3. Need to disable auto-select on hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to disable auto-select on hover: I just got a new Lenovo system with Windows 11 Pro. Leaving the mouse over any selectable item seems extraordinarily dangerous. After a few seconds hovering, it decides I mean to select and goes ahead. In only a couple days of use, it has happened many times, and it even...
  4. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  5. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  6. Windows Auto-Select

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Auto-Select: Hello.For some reason whenever I click on Cortana it keeps auto selecting the top option All and the place where I can type, making it impossible to actually type things. It does this in all place run by windows including settings, but doesn’t do it anywhere else.I have...
  7. Stop mouse from auto-clicking or selecting when you hover in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Stop mouse from auto-clicking or selecting when you hover in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you what you need to do to stop […] This article Stop mouse from auto-clicking or selecting when you hover in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Turn Off Mouse Auto Select

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn Off Mouse Auto Select: When my mouse pointer hovers over a button, after a short while it auto selects even though I have not clicked on it. How do I turn this off please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-mouse-auto-select/b3004ee6-64fd-4649-8571-e2fbd02caa55
  9. How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10: Am getting really frustrated. Yesterday, immediately after putting in a brand new flashdrive (Sandisk) on my Lenovo laptop ... I was reading the options list for how to open the file and was simply hovering over the list when the darned system auto-selected "Adobe Reader". I...
  10. Touchpad Auto Selects & Auto Opens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad Auto Selects & Auto Opens: I just ran across a problem with 10240. When I used my touchpad to move around the desktop, icons are automatically selected and started. The problem went away after a restart but now I am very careful using my touchpad. I think I may have to look and see if a new driver is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. auto select mouse