Windows 10: Hover color vs Selected color needs more separation

Discus and support Hover color vs Selected color needs more separation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am not sight-impaired, or colorblind, but under some lighting conditions and screen angles it can be tough to be sure what is selected or just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by betamanXY, Jul 30, 2019.

1. betamanXY Win User

Hover color vs Selected color needs more separation

I am not sight-impaired, or colorblind, but under some lighting conditions and screen angles it can be tough to be sure what is selected or just hovered over, (laptops and tablets are not always viewed precisely from one angle, and that should not be the issue anyway.) The issue is, you have a category called "Personalization", why not use it. We are allowed to change background and even accent color in 1903 but the main complaint has been, for over five years or more, the "hover" shade of blue, (more so on some screens than others) is really close to the "selected" color of blue. Why is it seemly impossible to fix this? Maybe just a few more customized "Accessibility" themes that appear normal but stretch the saturation between highlighted (selected) and the hovered over colors? PS Registry patch fixes will help a small percentage of users but real themes that the masses could simply use makes way more sense.

:)

betamanXY, Jul 30, 2019

2. How to change Desktop selection box color

Try the following steps, and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type in regedit into the text box and press Enter.

• Follow the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors.

• On the right pane, look for the value of HotTrackingColor.
    Select a color and copy your color numbers

RGB Color Codes Chart

It is given in three values representing the ratios of red, green and blue that range from 0 to 255.

• Enter values that mix to the color you want to have.

• Repeat the above step for the value of Hilight.

• Restart the computer.

Helder Carvalho Quaresma, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Screen background color

Hi,

You can try these steps in changing the
    Background color:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left-side of the window, select
      Colors.

• Then
      Choose a Color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Hover color vs Selected color needs more separation

Cortana's Font Color (Blue) is impossible to read when she responds to me

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are trying to change the font color for Cortana on your PC, I suggest you to follow the step mentioned below:

Steps:

1. Type ‘Color settings’ in the Windows search bar.
    2. Tap on the ‘Color’ option.
    3. Uncheck ‘Automatically pick an accent color from my background’.
    4. You can select the preferred color, under
      Windows colors
    5. You can click on Cortana and you will be able to notice the color that was selected.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Hover color vs Selected color needs more separation

1. Hover color vs Selected color needs more separation - Similar Threads - Hover color Selected

2. Need help with color vs greyscale display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with color vs greyscale display.: Dell Latitude running Windows 10. When computer starts, it loads Windows and then asks for password or pin. This screen is in full color. After entering information, screen shows welcome, then immediately goes into greyscale. It is readable, but difficult. All display...
  3. Need help with color vs greyscale display.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with color vs greyscale display.: Dell Latitude running Windows 10. When computer starts, it loads Windows and then asks for password or pin. This screen is in full color. After entering information, screen shows welcome, then immediately goes into greyscale. It is readable, but difficult. All display...
  4. Need help with color vs greyscale display.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. selecting taskbar color

selecting taskbar color: I am still having trouble selecting taskbar colors. Acting on a previous suggestion from the community, I chose Color Mode as Custom to enable colors on taskbar and other elements. I then chose Windows Mode as Dark and App Mode as light. So far so good. But the problem is...
  6. selecting taskbar color

selecting taskbar color: Please help. I have tried to follow instructions for selecting taskbar color as follows without success. 1. I right-clinked on taskbar. 2. I selected taskbar settings. 3. I hit start button, then chose settings, then chose personalization. 4. I chose colors in light...
  7. Settings > Personalization > Colors > Accent colors: no longer can choose separate colors...

Settings > Personalization > Colors > Accent colors: no longer can choose separate colors...: OS: Windows 10 Home, Build 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202 (Windows version 1909) After update(s) to 1903 or 1909, accent colors can no longer be set to separate colors for the "Start, taskbar and action center" and the "Title bars and windows borders". How can we choose...
  8. How do I change colors of selected items and hovered items in Win10?

How do I change colors of selected items and hovered items in Win10?: I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. I had dark green selected item color and it partially transferred to Windows 10. My colors of Taskbar etc are turned on. I chose dark gray color of Title Bars, Taskbar etc., through the Personalization menu. But I can't find where the color of...
  9. Color Changes to mouse hover

Color Changes to mouse hover: I am running Win 10 Tech Evaluation and Win 7 in dual boot. That's fine. But when it comes to personalizing win 10, the background colour of the hovering mouse is black, so when it's hovered over black text, the text is obliterated. How can I change the hovering mouse...
  10. no more color

in Windows 10 Support
    no more color: hello I hope this is the right spot for this? i have a coffie table with a cord less (keyboard and mouse). well the dam cat jumped up and layed on the keyboard and now i have no more color. i have win 8.1 on the same laptop and its fine. can someone please help ........