Windows 10: Hover over icon

Discus and support Hover over icon in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Brockssss, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Hover over icon

/u/Brockssss, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

My desktop icons move to a grid on the left for no reason

Hello,

If your icons are aligned to a grid, this means that the settings of your desktop are currently auto arranged and automatically aligned. Since you want to rearrange your desktop icons on however you like them, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click at a blank area on your desktop.
    • Hover on View.
    • In the right pane, look for Auto arrange icons. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.
    • Hover again on View.
    • This time, look for Align icons to grid. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.

After doing these steps, you'll be able to rearrange all your desktop icons again on how you want it.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Cannot put icons on the left side of my desktop

Hi Charlie,

You should be able to arrange your desktop icons however you want. Since you want them all aligned on the left side of your desktop screen, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click at a blank area on your desktop.
    • Hover on View.
    • In the right pane, look for Auto arrange icons. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.
    • Hover again on View.
    • This time, check Align icons to grid. Your icons should now be aligned on the left side of the screen.

Let us know if the issue persists so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Hover over icon

Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Hover over icon

1. Hover over icon - Similar Threads - Hover icon

2. Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CollectionHelpful205 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bnkh0t/help_these_icons_keep_appearing_and_if_i_hover/
  3. When I hover my mouse cursor over an icon on the taskbar and go away, the icon still looks...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I hover my mouse cursor over an icon on the taskbar and go away, the icon still looks...: I don't even know how to properly describe this. It's not a problem that would affect any function, but it is quite annoying since as described the icon will be lit up as if selected and the name of the icon will show as if the cursor was there, even though it is no longer...
  4. When I hover my mouse cursor over an icon on the taskbar and go away, the icon still looks...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I hover my mouse cursor over an icon on the taskbar and go away, the icon still looks...: I don't even know how to properly describe this. It's not a problem that would affect any function, but it is quite annoying since as described the icon will be lit up as if selected and the name of the icon will show as if the cursor was there, even though it is no longer...
  5. When I hover my mouse cursor over an icon on the taskbar and go away, the icon still looks...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Is there a way to fix my taskbar icons? they glitch out when i hover over them and some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to fix my taskbar icons? they glitch out when i hover over them and some...: Device Specs:HP Laptop 15s-eq2xxxprocessor - AMD Ryzen 3 5300U with Radeon Graphics 2.60GHzInstalled RAM - 4.00 GB 3.33 GB usableEdition - Windows 11 HomeVersion - 22H2Installed on - 06/‎08/‎2023OS build - 22621.1992Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  7. Is there a way to fix my taskbar icons? they glitch out when i hover over them and some...

Is there a way to fix my taskbar icons? they glitch out when i hover over them and some...: Device Specs:HP Laptop 15s-eq2xxxprocessor - AMD Ryzen 3 5300U with Radeon Graphics 2.60GHzInstalled RAM - 4.00 GB 3.33 GB usableEdition - Windows 11 HomeVersion - 22H2Installed on - 06/‎08/‎2023OS build - 22621.1992Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  8. Windows Security systray icon has NO popup description on hover or right click menu capability.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security systray icon has NO popup description on hover or right click menu capability.: Win 11 Pro 22H2.Windows Security opens and operates fine from systray with left mouse click.However, it is the ONLY tray icon that has no popup description on hover or right click menu capability.Resetting icon cache via Admin CMD prompt had NO effect.Is there a resolution...
  9. Windows Security systray icon has NO popup description on hover or right click menu capability.

Windows Security systray icon has NO popup description on hover or right click menu capability.: Win 11 Pro 22H2.Windows Security opens and operates fine from systray with left mouse click.However, it is the ONLY tray icon that has no popup description on hover or right click menu capability.Resetting icon cache via Admin CMD prompt had NO effect.Is there a resolution...
  10. Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them: Hello,So im having a problem with my desktop. Everytime my mouse hovers accros a desktop icon it gets highlighted in white. When i refresh the desktop, My whole entire wallpaper is white. But then i have to hover over the icons with my mouse to get some of my wallpaper to...