Windows 10: Hover text color suddenly highlighted in gray? Windows 10 pro

Discus and support Hover text color suddenly highlighted in gray? Windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having an issue where my hover-text and tool tips are suddenly highlighted in gray. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607, Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LiveAwake, Feb 17, 2017.

1. LiveAwake Win User

Hover text color suddenly highlighted in gray? Windows 10 pro

Hello,
    I'm having an issue where my hover-text and tool tips are suddenly highlighted in gray. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607, Build 14393.693.

Here are screen shots to demonstrate.

Hover text color suddenly highlighted in gray? Windows 10 pro [​IMG]

Hover text color suddenly highlighted in gray? Windows 10 pro [​IMG]

As you can see, this happens when I hover on anything that causes text to appear, and also happens as I roll my cursor down a menu inside any application.

Any ideas on what could be causing this, or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

:)

LiveAwake, Feb 17, 2017

2. Windows 10 Taskbar: pinned icons don't highlight on mouseover/hover

Here's the simple fix:

Settings --> Colors --> Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center [On]

Change the accent color if you can't see the hover highlight.

SprintFily, Feb 17, 2017
  3. Text color same as background color

So, I was messing around with the windows 10 display color settings, and I maaaay have accidentally changed the text color and highlight color to the same color as the background? I can't read any of the text, how to I restore the color back to default??
    (I'm using my iPad to post this btw)

OstrichEmpire, Feb 17, 2017
  4. LiveAwake Win User

Anyone else with this issue, or ideas about how to fix?
    Thanks!

LiveAwake, Feb 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Hover text color suddenly highlighted in gray? Windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Hover text color

2. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  3. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  4. How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10: Have you ever wanted to change the highlight color to another color whenever you highlight a selected text? Usually, a person would change background colors because they would find the default colors boring or bland and want a unique or grand color to be displayed. This...
  5. Windows 10 Gray Text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Gray Text: Is there an update that changes Windows 10 gray text to black or darker. I have tried several things and nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-gray-text/8c5afe36-37c8-4e1a-b8ed-eacac69bf810
  6. Right click text highlight menu color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click text highlight menu color: Hi, With the new windows update, The highlighted box color is grey as you can see in the example below when I hover over "Refresh". Is there a way to change that to blue ? I dont want to change the theme . [ATTACH] Thank you...
  7. Menu and mouse hover text color bug

Menu and mouse hover text color bug: Greetings, I've installed a clean version of Windows 10 today, and I have a strange color bug I have never seen before. The text in the menus are covered by colors, I can't see the text. When I hover the mouse, the mouse pop up text is also covered. I attach two screenshots...
  8. Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 When you highlight text in classic Win32 system windows and dialogs in Windows 10, the text color will be white by default. This tutorial will show you how to...
  9. Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text

Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text: For some reason tooltip/hover text and some other text (often for settings) is highlighted pink. This is shown in the screenshot. I believe in previous versions of windows you could change this in "advanced apperance options" however that was removed in windows 8 and 10 (I...
  10. Would like to change the text highlight color in text-entry fields

Would like to change the text highlight color in text-entry fields: For instance, if I highlight a word in a text-entry field, it's a very bright blue. This is also true in Firefox, Thunderbird, Word, OneNote, various fora, etc. but not in Excel. Prior to installing Windows 10, the highlight in a text-entry field was either pale grey (on...