Windows 10: Hovering mouse shows a window

Discus and support Hovering mouse shows a window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; New user here. I got a few problems regarding from my laptop. Apparently, I upgraded my Windows 7 to windows 10 and when I hover my cursor to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Erifgoc, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Erifgoc Win User

Hovering mouse shows a window

New user here.

I got a few problems regarding from my laptop. Apparently, I upgraded my Windows 7 to windows 10 and when I hover my cursor to the topmost right portion of the screen, a window pop up in a second.

Hovering mouse shows a window [​IMG]

This popup distracts me when I work, and I'll be grateful if there is a way to get rid of it.

I don't know much about this window, but it may be related to the problem above also. If it is, maybe there is a way to disable this.
    Dropbox - Link not found
    Maybe disable "win+P" in the registry editor?

:)

Erifgoc, Aug 15, 2016
  2. DBird1999 Win User

"Activate on hover" doesn't have a long enough delay - how to change

OK. I did this, but there was a minor deviation from your procedure. There is no "Automatic Repair". The button label seems to be "Startup Repair". This is what I clicked. The response was "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC. logfile E:\windows\...\SrtTrail.txt"
    The logfile shows all error codes are 0x0.

The result after rebooting was the mouse hover response was the same: zero delay.

After doing this, I investigated the hover response for various functions. When I hover the mouse over a tab or label or an icon in the taskbar, the delay before the little balloon pops up, or the icon hover choice list/thumbnail pops up, is normal rather
    than instantaneous. It is only the hover response between windows.

So, I went to Control Panel->Ease of Access Center->Make the Mouse Easier to Use. I removed the check from "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse", clicked "Apply", then returned to test/confirm that the focus was now activated by a mouse
    click in a window. It was.

I then returned to the ...."Activate a window by hovering..." check box and checked the box, then clicked "Apply" again, then OK. After doing this, the mouse hover response is now normal and the problem is solved.

While your explicit and patient help in itself did not solve the problem, it did lead me to try other means which eventually solved the problem. So, thank you for your help and patience.

Dave

DBird1999, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Aug 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Appears to be some feature in Google Chrome (which I don't use). It's not Win 10 per se.
    What is this "incognito window" thing on Google Chrome? | Yahoo Answers

You could:
    -look for an option to disable it (if any)
    -wait for someone familiar with Chrome to comment
    -research it

Close Chrome, and see if either still appear to confirm both are Chrome related.

Sorry can't help more.

dalchina, Aug 15, 2016
  5. Erifgoc Win User
    Thanks for replying.

Don't fret, I knew what incognito in Chrome is. This is not what you pay attention to. The problem is what in the top left is.
    I researched what it is for days and I, and got no luck. But I knew that Google Chrome is per se not the problem because minimizing the window keeps showing up when I perform the same action before.

I will show you the reference again when I'm at the desktop.

Hovering mouse shows a window [​IMG]

I knew that the issue is automatically from the system itself, not from the program that I run when I start up.

Erifgoc, Aug 15, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    I'd say that's from some program you have installed.

You can check what it is by installing Winspy++
    WinSpy++ 1.7 | Catch22
    (free)
    - drag the crosshair finder tool over that window and see what it says.

dalchina, Aug 15, 2016
  7. Do you have Rainmeter installed?

lehnerus2000, Aug 15, 2016
  8. Erifgoc Win User

That tool tracked me on what the problem is.

Apparently, this program is from System Explorer, a task manager application that I downloaded.
    I don't think that It's really malware, and maybe I'll find a way to disable it.

Thank you for giving me a clue for finding a true answer. Maybe that tool will put me to good use in the future.

Erifgoc, Aug 15, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Good.. Tools like that can be useful.. there are lots of small utilities written by clever people...

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hovering mouse shows a window - Similar Threads - Hovering mouse shows

2. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  3. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  4. Hidden Taskbars not showing when hovering mouse on Secondary monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden Taskbars not showing when hovering mouse on Secondary monitors: In Windows 10 I could hover my mouse on my second and third monitor and the hidden Taskbar would rise up from the bottom of the screen. In Windows 11 you can't do that? You have to right click and then click a bunch more times at the bottom of the screen. Am I missing...
  5. Hidden Taskbars not showing when hovering mouse on Secondary monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden Taskbars not showing when hovering mouse on Secondary monitors: In Windows 10 I could hover my mouse on my second and third monitor and the hidden Taskbar would rise up from the bottom of the screen. In Windows 11 you can't do that? You have to right click and then click a bunch more times at the bottom of the screen. Am I missing...
  6. Mouse hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse hovering: My mouse When ever you hover on something it clicks it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-hovering/38e55570-af4d-4510-b493-35abf665f1a6
  7. Mouse Hover to Show Folder Contents Preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Hover to Show Folder Contents Preview: I am looking to hover over a folder and get a quick read of what is inside while surfing around a poorly organized file system. Is there anything that will let me do this so I don't have to click in and click out of every folder. [img] 108745
  8. Mouse hover inconsistent

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hover inconsistent: This is not new for me, but I'm curious if anyone else notices. Frequently, when I hover over a file or folder, nothing happens. No popup. It's annoying. There is no pattern...completely random. I suspect there is not fix, but maybe?? 86487
  9. Activate window on mouse hover

in Windows 10 Support
    Activate window on mouse hover: Hi guys, I'm having the same issue and Option 3 in that tutorial is not working for me. Should I start a new thread? Mouse Hover Makes Window Active - Enable - Windows 7 Help Forums My situation: in Win7, I had the option checked to 'Activate window on mouse hover' and...
  10. Autofocus window on mouse hover?

in Windows 10 Support
    Autofocus window on mouse hover?: Hi, in Windows 10 is there any way to focus a window if I hover my mouse cursor over it for half a second (or thereabout)? This is what I had enabled on Windows 8.1 and I preferred that setup. 47361