Windows 10: Hovering my cursor over an app does not show a minimized window, even though enable peek is on.

Discus and support Hovering my cursor over an app does not show a minimized window, even though enable peek is on. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have found different blogs about this and it worked for other people, but for me it doesn't work. The only solution was to ask somebody since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BigGay407, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Hovering my cursor over an app does not show a minimized window, even though enable peek is on.

I have found different blogs about this and it worked for other people, but for me it doesn't work. The only solution was to ask somebody since I couldn't find anything relating to this, or at least of help.

submitted by /u/BigGay407
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BigGay407, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Vwake123 Win User

No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking

When there is no window opened, hovering over taskbar app icons, a preview is shown, but on hovering over preview no full window is opened, and no peeking is done, and also clicking on that small preview, no window opened.

1. And whenever there is a window is opened then hovering over taskbar icons doesn't gives any preview of the window.
    2. But it still opens window, on just clicking on task bar icons ( i.e. working fine ).

And when two windows of any app is being opened and if minimized any of them then you can not maximise that minimized window...???

• And when both windows of same app is being minimized then hovering over task bar icon of that app still shows those two previews, but clicking on any preview doesn't provide anything, and thus it all means after minimizing those two window of that app you
      can not recover any of the window.
    Basically the problem is I'm not able to open window ( or make full ) from any task bar preview and the First (1.) one also of first paragraph.

Vwake123, Oct 22, 2020
  3. BDRivera Win User
    Windows 10: Disable Show/Peek at Desktop

Sorry if I don't have the technical expertise to succinctly describe this issue. Every time I minimize a program to go to my desktop, I find that a layer of shade covers the entire desktop so that and I'm unable to click on any icons and unable to right-click.
    I take this as being the "Peek at desktop" status. I have to go to the far right my task bar and click the little sliver to enable my desktop, or as Windows calls it - "Show desktop." Is there any way to permanently disable the "Peek at desktop" status or
    to set the "Show desktop" status as the default when programs are closed or minimized?

Thanks.

BDRivera, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Delon1987 Win User

Hovering my cursor over an app does not show a minimized window, even though enable peek is on.

no full screen preview when hovering taskbar thumbnail

Last time when I fresh install Windows 10 and whenever i hover my mouse cursor to multiple opened browser it show thumbnails, and when I next hover the cursor to that particular thumbnails it will show full screen preview as you might say peek. Now it doesn't
    do anything anymore.

Can anyone help?

The picture attached is the preview thumbnail and when i try hover to the default Firefox browser it does not 'peek' into it anymore.

Hovering my cursor over an app does not show a minimized window, even though enable peek is on. d3436097-1168-4585-9c75-076346a42df5.png

Delon1987, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Hovering my cursor over an app does not show a minimized window, even though enable peek is on.

1. Hovering my cursor over an app does not show a minimized window, even though enable peek is on. - Similar Threads - Hovering cursor app

2. Taskbar is disappearing behind apps even though Autohide is not enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is disappearing behind apps even though Autohide is not enabled: I have win11 pro installed on a dual monitor setup. My graphics card is an RTX2060.I have noticed that when applications are maximised, they fill the full screen rather than align to the top of the taskbar. Here is excel for example. You can't see the bottom scroll bars...
  3. Taskbar is disappearing behind apps even though Autohide is not enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is disappearing behind apps even though Autohide is not enabled: I have win11 pro installed on a dual monitor setup. My graphics card is an RTX2060.I have noticed that when applications are maximised, they fill the full screen rather than align to the top of the taskbar. Here is excel for example. You can't see the bottom scroll bars...
  4. Windows 10 keeps turning hover select on even though I am not enabling it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps turning hover select on even though I am not enabling it?: It appears to be happening at random. I never turned it on. But it keeps reenabling. Anyone have any idea what causes this or have they encountered it? Is it my mouse dying? submitted by /u/engineereddiscontent [link] [comments]...
  5. windows 10 synaptics mouse enable window by hovering over it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 synaptics mouse enable window by hovering over it: hi, I'd like to disbale this function, but even if I disable it from the mouse settings, it's still working.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-synaptics-mouse-enable-window-by/baa0bdb4-0506-46a3-8f0b-4fb523805d72
  6. When cursor hovers over a video or anything on the screen, that video or app or whatever...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When cursor hovers over a video or anything on the screen, that video or app or whatever...: This happened right after Windows 10 most recent upgrade. It's quite annoying. How do I stop this? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-cursor-hovers-over-a-video-or-anything-on-the/6a2cc45b-f0ba-424e-9328-80ae4808935a
  7. peek to desktop no longer works, even though selected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    peek to desktop no longer works, even though selected.: Windows 10 Peek to desktop no longer works, even though the option is selected in Settings. I cannot reach the desktop at all, as when I close all other windows, the Start screen pops up instead! Why has this just started happening?...
  8. mouse cursor hover over start menu bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse cursor hover over start menu bug: hi all, i have a new and annoying problem. whenever my mouse cursor hover over the start menu button the computer start processing (the mouse pointer get that small blue circle next to it) and then my taskbar disappear, a second later the entire screen blinks and you can only...
  9. No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking: When there is no window opened, hovering over taskbar app icons, a preview is shown, but on hovering over preview no full window is opened, and no peeking is done, and also clicking on that small preview, no window opened. And whenever there is a window is opened then...
  10. Cursor hover over application issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor hover over application issue: Hello friends, I recently switched to Windows 10 and it's been great so far but I've been having problems with one specific thing. I use VLC to listen to podcasts and I leave the VLC window behind all the rest of my windows since I don't need to touch it for any reason...