Windows 10: Hovering over grouped taskbar icons keeps on opening and closing

Discus and support Hovering over grouped taskbar icons keeps on opening and closing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a SUPER SUPER annoying grouped taskbar icon issue. Whenever I hover my mouse over say Chrome, Explorer, Outlook, etc. where there are grouped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tony n., Mar 16, 2020.

1. tony n. Win User

Hovering over grouped taskbar icons keeps on opening and closing

I have a SUPER SUPER annoying grouped taskbar icon issue. Whenever I hover my mouse over say Chrome, Explorer, Outlook, etc. where there are grouped items, the thing would play "whack a mole" with me. It would appear and when I try to select it, it would disappear and I would have to try over and over to catch the window I'm trying to open. Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong?!

:)

tony n., Mar 16, 2020

2. Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to explain more. I have various apps/programs pinned to the taskbar. I used to be able to drag an icon for a program (e.g., Excel), and drop it on top of another icon (e.g., Word). Then those two would be inside a single "group" icon. When I would hover over that group icon, the individual icons within it would appear just above the group icon, and I could click on one of them to open that program. For me it was a nice way to organize the taskbar, particularly since I had/have lots of icons on it.

John Nesmith, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Hovering over grouped taskbar icons keeps on opening and closing

Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview (Taskbar Hover preview)

daiyueweng, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Hovering over grouped taskbar icons keeps on opening and closing

1. Hovering over grouped taskbar icons keeps on opening and closing - Similar Threads - Hovering grouped taskbar

2. Start menu in Win11 closes automatically when opened after cursor hovers over other taskbar...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu in Win11 closes automatically when opened after cursor hovers over other taskbar...: TitleHi Microsoft community,After the most recent windows updateKB5010414, I noticed that my start menu was behaving a bit strange. When I would click on the start button, it would sometimes automatically close. After experimenting, I found that this would always happen if...
  3. Start menu in Win11 closes automatically when opened after cursor hovers over other taskbar...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu in Win11 closes automatically when opened after cursor hovers over other taskbar...: TitleHi Microsoft community,After the most recent windows updateKB5010414, I noticed that my start menu was behaving a bit strange. When I would click on the start button, it would sometimes automatically close. After experimenting, I found that this would always happen if...
  4. strange circular icon hovering over taskbar in lower right corner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    strange circular icon hovering over taskbar in lower right corner: strange circular icon hovering over taskbar in the lower right corner on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/strange-circular-icon-hovering-over-taskbar-in/26eb929a-14bf-48e1-a0f1-e0cfd2e635f3
  5. The application icon is not immediately displayed when you hover over it in the taskbar.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The application icon is not immediately displayed when you hover over it in the taskbar.: When I hovered over the application in the taskbar, I started to notice that the application icon itself did not display the application icon for several minutes. Only Microsoft apps do not immediately display icons. I didn't notice this before. Tell me, what could this be...
  6. Group icons on the Windows Taskbar with Taskbar groups

in Windows 10 News
    Group icons on the Windows Taskbar with Taskbar groups: Taskbar groups is a new open source program for Microsoft Windows devices to create groups of icons on the taskbar. The main idea of the program is to bundle multiple shortcuts on the taskbar to save space on it. While that may not be required on large resolution systems, it...
  7. Hover over icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hover over icon: [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need to click for it to disipear....
  8. How to disable the title previews when hovering over an icon on the taskbar?

How to disable the title previews when hovering over an icon on the taskbar?: Disable these little text previews when your mouse hovers over an icon on the taskbar? For some reason even when I cursor is somewhere else these annoying little shits are still taking up a precious 1% of my screen. submitted by /u/TheZergBerg [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 taskbar group bug - disappear/reappear when hovering over wit...

Windows 10 taskbar group bug - disappear/reappear when hovering over wit...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tonynca [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkd7d1/windows_10_taskbar_group_bug_disappearreappear/
  10. Hovering over hidden icons in taskbar no longer shows tool tips

in Windows 10 Support
    Hovering over hidden icons in taskbar no longer shows tool tips: Until now, when I clicked on the "^" on the right of the taskbar to show hidden icons, I could hover over each one an get a "tool tip" about that icon (usually the name of the program belonging to the icon). The tool tips are no longer working. The icons are there and still...