Windows 10: Hovering over outlook open windows causes screen freezing

Discus and support Hovering over outlook open windows causes screen freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Related to AERO PEEK view in win 10 pro 20H2 surface laptop 3.. when hovering over the outlook open windows in the taskbar, the screen freezes for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ajy401, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Ajy401 Win User

Hovering over outlook open windows causes screen freezing

Related to AERO PEEK view in win 10 pro 20H2 surface laptop 3..

when hovering over the outlook open windows in the taskbar, the screen freezes for 2-3 seconds and does it continuously until mouse cursor is moved from the outlook windows.. error code 4101 source display.. The details is "display driver igfxn stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

windows updated, Intel driver updated, surface driver updated. no joy.

Logged case with Microsoft, they suggested clean install. In clean install without outlook everything is fine.

Procmon shows call to aero peek okay. Then event viewer is called to log the case.

Thanks to anyone who can help !!

:)

Ajy401, Jan 5, 2021

2. Opening programs on a twin monitor setup

Hi,

To further assist you, we suggest for you to follow these steps:

• Hover to the open application on the taskbar.
    • You'll get a miniature Preview screen of the said application.
    • Hover your mouse over the Preview screen.
    • Right click on Restore.
    • Re-hover over the same Preview screen.
    • Right click on Move.
    • Use the arrow keys to move the application on your desired screen/position.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 5, 2021
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Hovering over outlook open windows causes screen freezing

Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Hovering over outlook open windows causes screen freezing

1. Hovering over outlook open windows causes screen freezing - Similar Threads - Hovering outlook open

2. Intermittently hovering over some items causes them to open. Any setting applicable or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittently hovering over some items causes them to open. Any setting applicable or...: Recently while in the Program area Zoom was uninstalled; the cursor wasn't knowingly anywhere near it and there was certainly no confirmation to uninstall made; this suggests a hardware fault doesn't it? Otherwise I regularly find some site opening apparently only because the...
  3. Intermittently hovering over some items causes them to open. Any setting applicable or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittently hovering over some items causes them to open. Any setting applicable or...: Recently while in the Program area Zoom was uninstalled; the cursor wasn't knowingly anywhere near it and there was certainly no confirmation to uninstall made; this suggests a hardware fault doesn't it? Otherwise I regularly find some site opening apparently only because the...
  4. Intermittently hovering over some items causes them to open. Any setting applicable or...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows explorer freezing when hovering over context menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer freezing when hovering over context menu: I sometimes have this issue, but it has become more common. Whenever I open the file explorer and right click on anywhere and hover over the context menu, it usually freezes at "cast to device". is there any fix?...
  6. Black Screen when hovering over Windows Interface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen when hovering over Windows Interface: I have been having this issue with my pc for a couple of months now. When ever the cursor is run over a windows-based interface taskbar tray, file explorer, right click menu, etc. the screen goes black for a few seconds before resetting. I have done everything I can think of...
  7. Hover over icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hover over icon: [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need to click for it to disipear....
  8. Windows explorer freezes when right clicking and hovering over "New"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer freezes when right clicking and hovering over "New": It freezes for about 10 seconds, but then it works. I tried many things: using ShellExView to disable extensions, uninstalling some programs, running in safe mode, I used DISM to check for health, nothing worked. Windows is updated, drivers are updated, I don't know what to...
  9. Reorder Open Mail items when hovering over the outlook icon (How to reorder open windows)

Reorder Open Mail items when hovering over the outlook icon (How to reorder open windows): When opening Outlook one item will display when highlighting the Outlook icon. When you open up the Outlook Calendar in a new window the calendar is listed below the mail window. As you open emails the emails are added to the bottom of the new window list. I usually have 15...
  10. No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking

No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking: When there is no window opened, hovering over taskbar app icons, a preview is shown, but on hovering over preview no full window is opened, and no peeking is done, and also clicking on that small preview, no window opened. And whenever there is a window is opened then...