Windows 10: How 2 Share a printer

Discus and support How 2 Share a printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers, one running Windows 10 and one running Windows 7. I have one printer connected to the windows 10 Computer. QUESTION: Could you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlesMcKnight22, Oct 17, 2020 at 4:27 PM.

1. How 2 Share a printer

I have two computers, one running Windows 10 and one running Windows 7. I have one printer connected to the windows 10 Computer.

QUESTION: Could you tell me how I can connect “sharing” and print from my Windows 7 computer to the printer connected to my Windows 10 computer.

Just tell me the simplest way to do this PLEASE. I have read lots of NETWORK information but can't get any of it to work.

Thanks in advance, Charles McKnight, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

CharlesMcKnight22, Oct 17, 2020 at 4:27 PM
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

3. Arul_D Win User
    Printer Sharing

Hi Bransby,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps

Computer you are sharing from

1. Type "Device and Printers" in the web and windows box

2. Find your printer

3. Right click on the printer

4. Select “Printer properties"

5. Click on the sharing tab

6. Check "sharing this printer"

7. Give the printer a Name

8. Click apply

Computer you are trying to share to:

1. Type "Device and Printers" in the web and windows box

2. Check for printer the devices and printers.

3. if it is not there click "add printer"

4. If the printer does not show up click “The printer that i wanted wasn't list"

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

4. HAT
    hat Win User

How 2 Share a printer

Can't share printer—getting error message

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

Thema:

How 2 Share a printer

1. How 2 Share a printer - Similar Threads - Share printer

2. How I can access shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How I can access shared printer: I have already setup and shared printer in network with other device and system but I don't know how to access and install printer on other device please help...
  3. Want to share my printer in network

Want to share my printer in network: I have printer which is connected to my system. I have multiple system in my house and have single network printer it is possible to share my printer with everyone. Please suggest me how I can share my printer....
  4. Windows 10 1909 printer sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1909 printer sharing: Hi, I have a few W10 Pro ver 1903 - 2004 PC. I have a 1909 PC shared a LQ-310 printer. But the rest of the W10 pc are unable to connect to it over the network. See images below. Host PC has Kaspersky Security 20.0.14 installed. I thought it might be the firewall, so i...
  5. Forward slash "/" in printer driver name and sharing

Forward slash "/" in printer driver name and sharing: This is to inform Microsoft that "names" of any printer driver for windows 10 should not include forward slash "/". Including forward slash "/" in the printer driver "name" will cause issues at sharing time from other PCs. Sharing will not possible because windows will...
  6. Network shared printers

Network shared printers: We are seeing our shared network printers only show by the driver name on windows 10 2004. This is not happening to all users on this version and between two accounts one shows some share names with mostly driver named printers. The other account does not show any shared...
  7. Trying to connect to shared printer and get 0x00000709

Trying to connect to shared printer and get 0x00000709: Hi I have shared printer from a win10 computer in the network. We have connected the rest of the computer to that shared printer, after the newest update "2004" on windows 10 we have "lost" the printer, if i try to add the printer again i'll error code [ATTACH] Is...
  8. printer sharing

printer sharing: I'm trying to scan a doc to my computer via wi-fi sharing is on for the printer so i dont understand why it wont scan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-sharing/91cd66e1-0262-4318-a2c3-c72d94dee774
  9. Sharing Printer problem

Sharing Printer problem: I'd like to share my win10 printer in Xp. I know this isn't an xp forum but hoping someone can help me anyway as w10 related. XP "sees" the printer okay but then shows a 'Connect To' dialog wanting a User/Password. The win10 machine has been setup to not ask for this...
  10. Win 10 1909 keeps turning file and printer sharing off

Win 10 1909 keeps turning file and printer sharing off: I recently reset my surface pro and after reinstallation I now cannot access a home network NAS drive without turning on SMB1. I have found many cases regarding the same thing but all the hints and tips reference homegroup which does not exist in 1909 build. I have other...