Windows 10: How about a "What Software Works" sticky ?

Discus and support How about a "What Software Works" sticky ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As we will all be trying different software I thought a list of what works and what doesn't might be an idea. As the list grows it could maybe be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mooly, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Mooly Win User

How about a "What Software Works" sticky ?

As we will all be trying different software I thought a list of what works and what doesn't might be an idea. As the list grows it could maybe be sorted alphabetically

To start things off...

LibreOffice , on W10 x86 is a non starter. It locks the CPU at almost 100% with a "run 32dll" process.

Epson DX4050 printer, seems OK using W8.1 drivers. Epson scan installed and opens OK too.

:)

Mooly, Oct 3, 2014
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Oct 3, 2014
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it How about a "What Software Works" sticky ? :(

oh gawd wat to do ? How about a "What Software Works" sticky ? :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram How about a "What Software Works" sticky ? :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx How about a "What Software Works" sticky ? :)

musum, Oct 3, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

All of the software that I currently use works just fine.
    But I use IBM Symphony as my office suite. That works like a charm in 10.

Jeff..

BunnyJ, Oct 3, 2014
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Kari's got a thread on this already.

The only thing I couldn't get working properly (on a Native install) were Touch apps -- Touch isn't working very well if at all on a touch laptop. (HP envy sleekbook). Touch is fine on Linux and W8.1 on this laptop.

I had a few false starts but everything I'm usually using still seems to work.

One Corporate app I need to try is SAPGGUI / SAPLOGON to access corporate SAP systems -- currently using a W7 VM for this but it does work in W8.1 so I'll try on W10 - but can't test till Monday.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 3, 2014
  6. JDobbsy1987, Oct 3, 2014
  7. Mooly Win User
    *ThumbsThanks for the heads up. I'll post over there.

Mooly, Oct 3, 2014
  8. altae Win User

If there is a need for a "what works" thread I would go the other way round. Apparently most software that works under Windows 8.1 also works under Windows 10. I would suggest a "what does not work" thread. It seems to me that such a thread would be much more compact than a "what works" one.

altae, Oct 12, 2014
  9. Mooly Win User
    That's a really good idea actually...

Mooly, Oct 12, 2014
  10. davehc Win User
    Good post. But, imho, either is a waste of time on such an early build. At this stage, there are so many factors involved, even the computer model.
    I am quite sure that the major software and hardware manufacturers themselves are paying attention to problems, that is the sole reason they get early build releases.

davehc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How about a "What Software Works" sticky ? - Similar Threads - Software Works sticky

2. what is this software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is this software: I recently did a IOS update on my gamming laptop and from my old screen shot I had this app and I don't know what is was. If you know could you tell me the application name?sorry this icon was in the hidden tray on my photo and had to increase the size...
  3. About removal of software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About removal of software: I installed wondershare pdf reader in my system and i uninstalled it later . But after uninstalling it is showing in the startup programs list in the name of program. I deleted the folder on its location still it is showing there . What to do now, How to remove it properly?...
  4. what is this software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what is this software: which proagram is this with no name[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-software/33c01280-eefb-46de-bf38-1b14cb3af322
  5. About software issue....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    About software issue....: I have bought ASUS laptop 3 month ago... from last few days I am facing some issues regarding to the keyboard..should be in keyboard...not sure whenever I press some key like... A, S, D and few more...at that time typing words on screen automatically erase whole sentence.....
  6. What is up with Sticky notes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is up with Sticky notes?: From now on if I use sticky notes I get 1 window per note. I use Alt + Tab a lot to scroll through my Windows. But now I have to scroll through like 20 tabs because I have 18 sticky notes opened. It is using version 3.7.142.0 I have to switch back to 3.1.46.0 to use the old...
  7. about software probelms

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    about software probelms: i had uninstalled bytefence anti malware software and chromium software. but i am getting option to open with chromium app and as well getting option to scan with bytefence anti malware. i had uninstalled both softwares so please help me out from this.[ATTACH]...
  8. What happened to Sticky Notes?

What happened to Sticky Notes?: Previously, sticky notes looked like, well -- sticky notes, individual notes like those scattered on a board or desk somewhere. That was fine and made sense. Now I see a single window with notes inside the window. Why?...
  9. Question about Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about Sticky Notes: Is there a way to make my sticky notes stay on the home screen? I don't want to have to click on the sticky notes icon in the taskbar every single time. I mean, it's called sticky notes, right? It should stick on the home screen....
  10. About software questions

About software questions: Hello, 1. Is there a program to capture video (with audio) played on screen ?. I have "Screencast-o-matic" but it is limited to several minutes recording ? (no sound I think) 2. The installed CCleaner is registered, now I read (on this site) there is a new version,...