Windows 10: How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?

Discus and support How about remember position/size checkbox for windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like notepad for instance, it always shows up where I last used it. Handy yes, but not always, let us be able to check or uncheck the suggested option.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Daemonshmike, Oct 29, 2019.

1. How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?

Like notepad for instance, it always shows up where I last used it. Handy yes, but not always, let us be able to check or uncheck the suggested option. In Captain Picards voice: Very well, make it so.

submitted by /u/Daemonshmike
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Daemonshmike, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Veence Win User

Windows explorer not remembering window position

mxkzy asked on August 1, 2015

Whenever I open file explorer it always opens in a different place on the desktop, how do I make it remember the position?

After reading the other responses to this question and playing around, I found the answer.

In windows 10 you have to un-hide the taskbar if you want Windows Explorer to remember its size and position on the desktop.

Right click on the taskbar then click on properties.

This opens Taskbar and Start Menu Properties.

Clear the checkbox >Auto-hide the taskbar.

Now Windows Explorer remembers size and location the next time you open it.

It works for me but it would be nice if they would fix it and Auto-hide the taskbar.

Veence, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 apps do not remember size and position on relaunch

OK, so I just found a workaround.

• Open the app and position and size it on monitor 2
    • Move the app to monitor 1
    • Close the app
    • Relaunch the app, it should retain its size and position on monitor 1
    • Move the app to the desired position on monitor 2
    • Relaunch the app and all should be green
    Let's just hope it continues to work on reboot.

SeanMann_NaplandGames, Oct 29, 2019
  4. How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?

How to change/reset the size of checkboxes

Hi Steve,

This issue is quite unclear and too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with checkboxes. To have a better understanding of your concern, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Are you using a Visual Basic programming language? If yes, can you resize this checkbox?
    • What is the desktop theme are you using?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In addition, we have found a thread in MSDN forums that is similar to your concern. You can visit this thread: Check
    Box Size
    to check if this is applicable to you.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?

1. How about remember position/size checkbox for windows? - Similar Threads - remember position size

2. Windows don't remember folder size / position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows don't remember folder size / position: Goodmorning.Yesterday i tried to re-install Windows 11 because on my previous Windows 11 i had a problem where when i open "file explorer" which is pinned on my taskbar it will always openon its default folder size / position . When i first install Windows 11 yesterday it...
  3. Windows don't remember folder size / position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows don't remember folder size / position: Goodmorning.Yesterday i tried to re-install Windows 11 because on my previous Windows 11 i had a problem where when i open "file explorer" which is pinned on my taskbar it will always openon its default folder size / position . When i first install Windows 11 yesterday it...
  4. Windows not remembering position nor size since the last update!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not remembering position nor size since the last update!: SO this last update introduced a bug, I think. If it's a feature it's not one I like. The subject line says it all.I am on Windows 11 Pro and it's fully updated. If you coders from MS are watching these forums please fix this issue. It's not a deal breaker but it's rather...
  5. Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position: Windows 11 does not remember the window size and position when docking/undocking. e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, Adobe, etc. I have checked the Settings > System > Display > Remember window locations based on monitor connection, however that seems to have no effect....
  6. Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position

Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position: Windows 11 does not remember the window size and position when docking/undocking. e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, Adobe, etc. I have checked the Settings > System > Display > Remember window locations based on monitor connection, however that seems to have no effect....
  7. Windows 10 does not remember window position and size

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 does not remember window position and size: If Windows does not remember the window position and size then this post will help you fix the problem. Although Windows 10 should open the […] This article Windows 10 does not remember window position and size first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position: Recently started having problems with the fantastic little utility written by a member of the Windows 7 forums, whom I'm hoping now frequents these forums too. For some reason, shellfolderfix 1.1.15 is no longer remembering windows sizes/positions. I've removed it, deleted...
  9. How do I get windows 10 to remember window size and position

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get windows 10 to remember window size and position: I resize an open window to my reqirement, but at each restart of computer the adjusted windows opens at its original size. What procedure can resolve this....
  10. Remember window position?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remember window position?: In every version of Windows 10 I have used, including the most recent official build (and unlike every previous Windows including XP, Vista, 7, 8, etc...) my window positions on the desktop are not remembered (sticky) each time I close the window. Meaning that each time I...