Windows 10: How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?

Discus and support How about remember position/size checkbox for windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like notepad for instance, it always shows up where I last used it. Handy yes, but not always, let us be able to check or uncheck the suggested option.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Daemonshmike, Oct 29, 2019.

1. How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?

Like notepad for instance, it always shows up where I last used it. Handy yes, but not always, let us be able to check or uncheck the suggested option. In Captain Picards voice: Very well, make it so.

submitted by /u/Daemonshmike
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Daemonshmike, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Veence Win User

Windows explorer not remembering window position

mxkzy asked on August 1, 2015

Whenever I open file explorer it always opens in a different place on the desktop, how do I make it remember the position?

After reading the other responses to this question and playing around, I found the answer.

In windows 10 you have to un-hide the taskbar if you want Windows Explorer to remember its size and position on the desktop.

Right click on the taskbar then click on properties.

This opens Taskbar and Start Menu Properties.

Clear the checkbox >Auto-hide the taskbar.

Now Windows Explorer remembers size and location the next time you open it.

It works for me but it would be nice if they would fix it and Auto-hide the taskbar.

Veence, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 apps do not remember size and position on relaunch

OK, so I just found a workaround.

• Open the app and position and size it on monitor 2
    • Move the app to monitor 1
    • Close the app
    • Relaunch the app, it should retain its size and position on monitor 1
    • Move the app to the desired position on monitor 2
    • Relaunch the app and all should be green
    Let's just hope it continues to work on reboot.

SeanMann_NaplandGames, Oct 29, 2019
  4. How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?

How to change/reset the size of checkboxes

Hi Steve,

This issue is quite unclear and too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with checkboxes. To have a better understanding of your concern, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Are you using a Visual Basic programming language? If yes, can you resize this checkbox?
    • What is the desktop theme are you using?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In addition, we have found a thread in MSDN forums that is similar to your concern. You can visit this thread: Check
    Box Size
    to check if this is applicable to you.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?

1. How about remember position/size checkbox for windows? - Similar Threads - remember position size

2. Window Size and Position

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Size and Position: I might already have a thread about this. An application window will have a given size and position upon initial installation. I have a window which has had both changed since its initial installation. I want to restore the original values. I tried uninstalling it and...
  3. How to remember window size for app display

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remember window size for app display: I use dual monitors at work. Every time I resize the windows to be smaller than full screen, each morning when I re-open the app, it starts in full screen again. I'm having to resize and drag apps to the other monitor every morning rather than having them open where I moved...
  4. ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position: Recently started having problems with the fantastic little utility written by a member of the Windows 7 forums, whom I'm hoping now frequents these forums too. For some reason, shellfolderfix 1.1.15 is no longer remembering windows sizes/positions. I've removed it, deleted...
  5. window size and position

window size and position: HOW IS IT THAT WINDOWS10 CANNOT REMEMBER THE SIZE AND POSITION OF AN OPEN WINDOW/APPLICATION AFTER IT HAS BEEN CLOSED AND THEN RE-OPENED? I've done a quick search that revealed that previous versions of Windows have had the same issue with the system failing to do the...
  6. How do I get windows 10 to remember window size and position

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get windows 10 to remember window size and position: I resize an open window to my reqirement, but at each restart of computer the adjusted windows opens at its original size. What procedure can resolve this....
  7. App size/position

App size/position: Hi, I recently had a problem with my PC where I had to reset it and I took a photo of my desktop so I can re download everything.[ATTACH] As you can see the icons are miss aligned. Does anyone know a fix to this?...
  8. Remember Window Size

in Browsers and Email
    Remember Window Size: Is there no way to remember a window size with Windows 10? I remember in previous versions you could set the window size and position. When I open Chrome, generally the first session will open (usually) correctly. Sometimes I have to slide the title bar off the screen in...
  9. Remember window position?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remember window position?: In every version of Windows 10 I have used, including the most recent official build (and unlike every previous Windows including XP, Vista, 7, 8, etc...) my window positions on the desktop are not remembered (sticky) each time I close the window. Meaning that each time I...
  10. How to lock/freeze window size/position?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to lock/freeze window size/position?: Hi, Does anyone know of any software or way that allows me to lock/freeze any application/window on my screen i.e. disable any change in position and size / make it completely immune to the cursor or clicking? I'm running an application called LiveSplit, which is a...