Windows 10: How accurate are FPS counters

Discus and support How accurate are FPS counters in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi anyone any idea with regards to the above? The reason I ask is that my TV is a 4k 60hz panel yet when I use any of the FPS counters they regularly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by razy60, Mar 15, 2017.

1. razy60 Win User

How accurate are FPS counters

Hi anyone any idea with regards to the above?
    The reason I ask is that my TV is a 4k 60hz panel yet when I use any of the FPS counters they regularly show in excess of 60frames, is that correct?. I've tried Fraps, Afterburner and Steam in game counter.
    Thanks.

:)

razy60, Mar 15, 2017
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

How to turn off the yellow FPS counter in the top left corner?

The display of an FPS Counter is normally in the game itself or possibly the PC Graphics Card Controller. Similar problems have been reported with GeForce cards on NVIDEA Forums, which would suggest some Driver/Software incompatibility issue.

See:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/862140/geforce-experience/fps-counter-on-windows-10-icons/

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/862140/geforce-experience/fps-counter-on-windows-10-icons/

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/856554/shadowplay-display-fps-issues-windows-10/

Erdeslawe, Mar 15, 2017
  3. ynkoCSGO Win User
    capped fps

My specs: Core-i7 6700HQ , nVidia geforce gtx 950M 4GB, 8GB RAM DDR4 2133Hz, SSD HyperX Fury, Intel HD Graphics 530.

I had 250 FPS in Counter-Strike Global Offensive and now i have 60 fps and it's not moving.

ynkoCSGO, Mar 15, 2017
Thema:

How accurate are FPS counters

1. How accurate are FPS counters - Similar Threads - accurate are FPS

2. yellow fps counter wont go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yellow fps counter wont go away: there's a yellow fps counter at the top of my screen and it wont go away. ive tried geforce but no and the X on the side but its not there and its pissing me off. someone help...
  3. yellow fps counter wont go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yellow fps counter wont go away: there's a yellow fps counter at the top of my screen and it wont go away. ive tried geforce but no and the X on the side but its not there and its pissing me off. someone help...
  4. yellow fps counter wont go away

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. FPS Counter using Window Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS Counter using Window Game Bar: Hello, I am trying to activate the FPS counter on my PC using the Windows Game Bar. I am able to open up the performance widget and select the "Request Access" button. However, I receive this error when I do.From there I have found the executable file manually. But I still...
  6. How accurate is speedfan?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How accurate is speedfan?: Hi, I ran a stress test on my CPU using heavyload and my temps seem a bit too low in speedfan. Below are idle temps and 100% CPU usage temps. [img] [img] 161609
  7. Cant use FPS counter on Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant use FPS counter on Game Bar: I have been trying for awhile now to get my FPS counter in Xbox Gamebar to work. When I request access to get it running, I get an error saying the path does not exist. It is actually the same problem that happened here in another person's case . The problem is that...
  8. Cannot use FPS counter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use FPS counter: When i requested FPS counter and clicked "yes" it literally did nothing and i dont know how to turn it on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-fps-counter/0afe5202-e249-49c9-9273-12d4198a47bb
  9. Windows 10 is finally getting a built-in FPS counter

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is finally getting a built-in FPS counter: Frames per second (FPS) is linked to monitoring refresh rates during gameplays on computers, consoles and smartphones. A game running at high FPS will look smoother, and it’s important to monitor FPS if you want to determine the gaming performance. You can display a game’s...
  10. Best FPS Counter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best FPS Counter?: I am looking for a FPS counter that I can use with EVERY game. I'm looking for something preferably with a minimalist display or at least customizable. Fraps is old and doesn't work on any of my games. Nvidia's ShadowPlay works on only some games and only works part of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accurate fps counter

2. is steam fps counter accurate

3. how accuratre is fps counter

4. is shadowplays fps counter accurate