Windows 10: How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device"

Discus and support How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My HP laptop was stolen last week. I am still able to track my device with Windows 10 "Find my Device" feature. It is currently on the move in and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShaminNaicker, Jun 29, 2020.

1. How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device"

My HP laptop was stolen last week. I am still able to track my device with Windows 10 "Find my Device" feature. It is currently on the move in and around my suburb. I submitted this information to the police. They don't believe me and are adamant that this feature is unreliable. I am assuming that my device is in a moving vehicle because the location changes every couple of minutes. Has anyone used this Windows 10 feature to successfully track a stolen laptop and how accurate have your results been?

:)

ShaminNaicker, Jun 29, 2020

2. Find My Device

Hi Michael,

To address your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• Where are you accessing the Find My Device service?
    • Have you followed the steps correctly on how to set up Find My Device found on this

link
      ?

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device"

Delta6326, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device"

1. How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device" - Similar Threads - accurate Window Find

2. Find my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find my device: I need to find my laptop it was stolen. I tried the find devixe. What am i doing wrong,? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-device/388c717b-db7d-45de-b519-f083b3297a3a
  3. Windows 10 find my device help!?!

Windows 10 find my device help!?!: Does the "find my device" feature immediately locate lost computer when connected to the internet via wifi or ethernet? I'm tring to locate my lost laptop but the last known location is at my home. I left my laptop bag at a bus stop so in know it's not home....
  4. How to accurately set my location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to accurately set my location?: Hi. I am using Windows 10 on my HP Envy laptop. I have noticed when I search for businesses, for example, the distance is incorrect. For example, a grocery store that is 3 miles away shows 8 miles away. My home location is shown as 27358 when it is actually 27410. How can I...
  5. Find my device

Find my device: Hi There, Unfortunately one of my colleagues lost a computer Today, I saw that there's a feature on W10 called "Find my device". The point is: Why is Find My Device feature not available for work or school account's? Is there any other feature we can use to track a...
  6. How to enable Find My Device remotely?

How to enable Find My Device remotely?: Hello evsryone, I’m hoping someome can help with this. My laptop is missing - I believe it was stolen out of my truck. I logged in to my microsoft account here and Find My Device on my desktop is active and working - it shows it here in my house. However, it says that this is...
  7. Find my device

Find my device: Hello, My laptob device was stolen yesterday. I don't remember enabling the "find my device" before I lost it. But I'm logged in on the laptob with my microsoft account. Can I use the find my device to turn on the location and track or lock it when it has an internet...
  8. Find my device

Find my device: Hi I have misplaced my laptop a while back, when I went into the Find My Device it showed a map and a date ie 8/9/2019. Which indicated that the device is in my home. I cannot find it. Does this date indicate that it was definitely in the location shown on that particular...
  9. find my device is not there in my windows 10 pc. how to get that

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    find my device is not there in my windows 10 pc. how to get that: Find my device is not there in windows 10 pc. laptop. how to get that. My laptop version is processor : intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.70GHz Edition : Windows 10 Pro system type...
  10. Find my device.

Find my device.: Hi Guys. My PC got stolen last night from my office, is there a way i can use "Find my device" to locate it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-device/409bef07-23f3-4322-82b8-7224169e039d"