Windows 10: How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device"

Discus and support How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My HP laptop was stolen last week. I am still able to track my device with Windows 10 "Find my Device" feature. It is currently on the move in and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShaminNaicker, Jun 29, 2020.

1. How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device"

My HP laptop was stolen last week. I am still able to track my device with Windows 10 "Find my Device" feature. It is currently on the move in and around my suburb. I submitted this information to the police. They don't believe me and are adamant that this feature is unreliable. I am assuming that my device is in a moving vehicle because the location changes every couple of minutes. Has anyone used this Windows 10 feature to successfully track a stolen laptop and how accurate have your results been?

:)

ShaminNaicker, Jun 29, 2020

2. Find My Device

Hi Michael,

To address your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• Where are you accessing the Find My Device service?
    • Have you followed the steps correctly on how to set up Find My Device found on this

link
      ?

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device"

Delta6326, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device"

1. How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device" - Similar Threads - accurate Window Find

2. does anyone know how accurate the Microsoft find my device is I have a Alienware laptop and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does anyone know how accurate the Microsoft find my device is I have a Alienware laptop and...: Does anyone know how accurate the gps is for Microsoft accounts my laptop was recently stolen and Everytime I have it locate it I get a different address so I want to be sure I'm going to the right places[Moderator Edit: Moved from the Community Participation Centre]...
  3. does anyone know how accurate the Microsoft find my device is I have a Alienware laptop and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does anyone know how accurate the Microsoft find my device is I have a Alienware laptop and...: Does anyone know how accurate the gps is for Microsoft accounts my laptop was recently stolen and Everytime I have it locate it I get a different address so I want to be sure I'm going to the right places[Moderator Edit: Moved from the Community Participation Centre]...
  4. Microsoft find my device not accurate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft find my device not accurate: Good dayI lost my Laptop and i,m using Microsoft find my device to track and I'm able to find it the problem is not accurate please assist. See the picture attached...
  5. Microsoft find my device not accurate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft find my device not accurate: Good dayI lost my Laptop and i,m using Microsoft find my device to track and I'm able to find it the problem is not accurate please assist. See the picture attached...
  6. Microsoft find my device not accurate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Find My Device is not Accurate at all and therefore not useful

Find My Device is not Accurate at all and therefore not useful: I have clicked on the Find My Device option in my Windows account multiple times and the results are it shows me all over my city, never once at the correct location. If I go to Google Maps or Zillow and click on my location those sites are able to find me in my house and...
  8. Why is my Find My Device not accurate after a reinstallation of Windows?

Why is my Find My Device not accurate after a reinstallation of Windows?: It was extremely accurate before and told my current position but I am testing it now and each result puts my device somewhere new in the area https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-find-my-device-not-accurate-after-a/065ed7ef-8ea9-4438-ab4f-32059074f97b
  9. How accurate is speedfan?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How accurate is speedfan?: Hi, I ran a stress test on my CPU using heavyload and my temps seem a bit too low in speedfan. Below are idle temps and 100% CPU usage temps. [img] [img] 161609
  10. How to accurately set my location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to accurately set my location?: Hi. I am using Windows 10 on my HP Envy laptop. I have noticed when I search for businesses, for example, the distance is incorrect. For example, a grocery store that is 3 miles away shows 8 miles away. My home location is shown as 27358 when it is actually 27410. How can I...