Windows 10: How add headphones

Discus and support How add headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sound device only lists speakers. I need headphones. Just generic headphones. Troubleshooting & Help only discuss Surface. I don't have that - just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NjBunton, May 17, 2019.

1. NjBunton Win User

How add headphones

Sound device only lists speakers. I need headphones. Just generic headphones. Troubleshooting & Help only discuss Surface. I don't have that - just generic headphones. HELP!!

:)

NjBunton, May 17, 2019

2. [WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, May 17, 2019
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, May 17, 2019
  4. How add headphones

Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, May 17, 2019
Thema:

How add headphones

1. How add headphones - Similar Threads - add headphones

2. on windows seven, how do you add driver to your headphones so it can connect to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    on windows seven, how do you add driver to your headphones so it can connect to my computer?: it says: The driver for Peripheral device is not installed. Insert the latest driver for this device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-windows-seven-how-do-you-add-driver-to-your/30fe7f42-a259-4a1e-b5d9-dfb6d4e74b17
  3. on windows seven, how do you add driver to your headphones so it can connect to my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    on windows seven, how do you add driver to your headphones so it can connect to my computer?: it says: The driver for Peripheral device is not installed. Insert the latest driver for this device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-windows-seven-how-do-you-add-driver-to-your/30fe7f42-a259-4a1e-b5d9-dfb6d4e74b17
  4. Add wired headphones to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add wired headphones to windows 11: I use wired not Bluetooth headphones on Windows 11. They worked last night, but not this morning. When I checked my output devices, my headphones had disappeared. My system doesn't seem to detect my headphones anymore. What may have happened, and how can I get the system to...
  5. Add wired headphones to windows 11

Add wired headphones to windows 11: I use wired not Bluetooth headphones on Windows 11. They worked last night, but not this morning. When I checked my output devices, my headphones had disappeared. My system doesn't seem to detect my headphones anymore. What may have happened, and how can I get the system to...
  6. Unable to add bluetooth headphone to my windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add bluetooth headphone to my windows 10 desktop: A couple days ago my bluetooth headphones were no longer able to play audio from my windows 10 desktop. I unpaired the headphones and have not been able to re-pair the headphones since. Additionally, my desktop seems unable to connect to other bluetooth devices.I attempt to...
  7. Unable to add bluetooth headphone to my windows 10 desktop

Unable to add bluetooth headphone to my windows 10 desktop: A couple days ago my bluetooth headphones were no longer able to play audio from my windows 10 desktop. I unpaired the headphones and have not been able to re-pair the headphones since. Additionally, my desktop seems unable to connect to other bluetooth devices.I attempt to...
  8. Unable to add bluetooth headphone to my windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Realtek HD Audio manager detect headphone but don't add it.

Realtek HD Audio manager detect headphone but don't add it.: Hi.when i plug in my audio output jack to my front panel case jack Realtek detect the device but don't add it.It goes like this step one : then I hit the next button and I select headphone but after that it gets like that How ever it works when it plug in audio input...
  10. How do I add headphones to the playback section?

How do I add headphones to the playback section?: So awhile I back I mistakenly damaged the audio and couldn't hear sound (red x symbol ), but recently I had got some new headphones and plugged it in and I can hear sound fine (of course the red x wasn't there for some reason ). So the main sound was disabled ( no red x...