Windows 10: How am I supposed to fix that "you don't permission to open this file" when trying to edit...

Discus and support How am I supposed to fix that "you don't permission to open this file" when trying to edit... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I recently downloaded the devil may cry game, and i followed a tutorial to change the language of the game, which is to simply edit that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Previous_Health8241, May 16, 2022.

1. How am I supposed to fix that "you don't permission to open this file" when trying to edit...

How am I supposed to fix that "you don't permission to open this file" when trying to edit... EQnNAN7DsIxZTJJjJJ-MHGjHyCQwep3jSqepIs36yR8.jpg

I recently downloaded the devil may cry game, and i followed a tutorial to change the language of the game, which is to simply edit that notepad file we find in the folder of the game, but when I do this and try to save it, it says this... basically it's just "you do not have permission to open this file. consult the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain this authorization." now i really want to play the game so how the **** am i supposed to edit it correctly? i tried one tutorial about changing the file's properties but it changed nothing

https://preview.redd.it/6wkavmdkewz...bp&s=a7d69e1828bd7b5013d2db93fa14078fcc403ece

submitted by /u/Previous_Health8241
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Previous_Health8241, May 16, 2022
  2. louhoang Win User

File permissions to delete file

You can try the steps below

1. Right click the file to that you don’t have permission to access. Vlick Properties.
    2. Go to Security tab and select Edit.
    3. Select Add button
    4. Type Everyone then select Check Names. Click OK to save changes.
    5. you will be back in the previous window, under Group or users names, choose Everyone then check mark Full control.
    you can refer more: Fix: You dont currently have permission to access this folder in Windows 10

louhoang, May 16, 2022
  3. Permission to open and edit files

Thanks for your suggestion but Chapter 13 suggestions didn't work: When I Right-clicked the folder in question, selected myself as Administrator, all permissions were already ticked as 'Allow'. Yet on trying to open a file i still don't have permission.

Is there a way to toggle between myself as Administrator and as User?

Lindsay Reed, May 16, 2022
  4. Scoka Win User

How am I supposed to fix that "you don't permission to open this file" when trying to edit...

File permissions to delete file

I appologize for not responding earlier
    Yes, I have steam completely closed
    I have manually tried to edit the security tab
    I had just tried giving access to Everyone and it did not work.

I apologize for taking up so much time

Scoka, May 16, 2022
Thema:

How am I supposed to fix that "you don't permission to open this file" when trying to edit...

1. How am I supposed to fix that "you don't permission to open this file" when trying to edit... - Similar Threads - supposed fix don't

2. How am I supposed to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How am I supposed to fix this?: Hi, I have a problem that I’ve tried to fix for 6 hours and nothing works. I turn on my pc and my monitors, keyboard, mouse and microphone don’t turn on, however the pc is running normally with the fans spinning and lights on. How am I supposed to fix this? Much help needed...
  3. How am I supposed to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How am I supposed to fix this?: Hi, I have a problem that I’ve tried to fix for 6 hours and nothing works. I turn on my pc and my monitors, keyboard, mouse and microphone don’t turn on, however the pc is running normally with the fans spinning and lights on. How am I supposed to fix this? Much help needed...
  4. How am I supposed to fix this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    you don't have permission to open this file: I am the only person using all my devices, including my PC Win10 64 bit, camera, SD card etc. I took some MOV files on a camera SD card, then tried to open them this morning from the SC card on the PC. The PC successfully played the MOV files with Media Player, but I want to...
  6. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you don't have permission to open this file: I am the only person using all my devices, including my PC Win10 64 bit, camera, SD card etc. I took some MOV files on a camera SD card, then tried to open them this morning from the SC card on the PC. The PC successfully played the MOV files with Media Player, but I want to...
  7. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. It appears that you don't have permission to open this file. Check the Permission and try...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It appears that you don't have permission to open this file. Check the Permission and try...: Recently My Hard drive attacked by some unknown virus/malware, i am not sure. But I used windows reset option to get rid of all unresponsive things started happening to Windows, but after reset it started acting weird, Some .JPG files shows this title error. What should i do?...
  9. "You don't have the permission to open this file." How to get it back?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "You don't have the permission to open this file." How to get it back?: I frequently use Handbrake to encode movies. Suddenly and inexplicably I can't anymore. If I click on the movie and want to open it using Handbrake, on the app I get the message: "No valid source or titles found "Handbrake will not be able to encode the selected source as...
  10. I am trying to open a .jpg file and it says I don't have permission.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am trying to open a .jpg file and it says I don't have permission.: Windows 10 computer, I'm the only person that uses this computer. This file is on an external hard drive..could that be the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-open-a-jpg-file-and-it-says-i-dont/1ef57084-883a-48ad-884f-5adb42c05ef8"