Windows 10: How am I supposed to set up a monitor if I need to set up a monitor in order to set up a...

Discus and support How am I supposed to set up a monitor if I need to set up a monitor in order to set up a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my old monitor just broke and I'm trying to use my TV as a PC monitor. I bought an HDMI cable and nothing happened, so I used my mother's laptop in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lavellanrogue, Apr 8, 2021.

1. How am I supposed to set up a monitor if I need to set up a monitor in order to set up a...

So my old monitor just broke and I'm trying to use my TV as a PC monitor. I bought an HDMI cable and nothing happened, so I used my mother's laptop in order to check if there was something wrong. It actually does work, in her laptop I have to manually select if I want to duplicate the image on the TV, etc. which I can do without a problem because, well, the laptop has its own monitor, but my PC has no monitor, so I cannot set up my TV.

Am I supposed to buy a monitor with VGA connector? Is it impossible to have a PC connected to a TV through HDMI as the principal monitor? I bought the cable thinking it would automatically connect, I really don't want to spend more money on a monitor and I need it my PC for uni.

submitted by /u/lavellanrogue
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lavellanrogue, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Vivian_S Win User

External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 8, 2021
  4. How am I supposed to set up a monitor if I need to set up a monitor in order to set up a...

Setting up dual monitor on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to connecting external monitor to the PC.

Usually, you will receive an error when connecting external monitor when the cable is not connected properly. I would suggest you to follow the suggestions mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Additionally, you may want to refer the below articles

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

How am I supposed to set up a monitor if I need to set up a monitor in order to set up a...

1. How am I supposed to set up a monitor if I need to set up a monitor in order to set up a... - Similar Threads - supposed set monitor

2. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  3. Dual Monitors Set up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors Set up: Hi All, HI hope someone could help me with this and explain to me what to do in the easy way. I have HP computer with windows 10 Version 1909( 18363.1440) . I used 2 monitors one Dell ( plugged via HDMI) and one Samsung (connected via VDI) and this set up worked for me just...
  4. How to set up 3 monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set up 3 monitors: How to set up 3 monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-3-monitors/14a58fd4-dd13-4a1f-b8c7-53a1eb30c569
  5. Monitor Set Up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Set Up: I’ve got two systems that I’d like both to share dual monitors. Is there a switch that exists that would allow me to do this? submitted by /u/Mobilematt1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isvesy/monitor_set_up/
  6. 5 Monitor Set-Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5 Monitor Set-Up: Hello! I am having difficulty setting up 5 monitors. I can't find a clear answer or solution for this issue anywhere! I can easily get 3 monitors to work. My graphics card GPU supports more than three monitors, I made sure when I bought it. Currently I only have the...
  7. Setting up 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Setting up 2 monitors: I have just built my desktop with Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6gb GPU. I have two older monitors (but still very good) with VGA plug. I have purchased two adapters (HDMT/VGA, DP/VGA) so I can plug them in the GPU. I want to have two monitors running simultaneously for my video...
  8. Setting up ssecond monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up ssecond monitor: I am trying to set up a second monitor on my Dell all in one It does not have a VGA outlet which the ACER monitor uses as one input. The ACER also has HDMI. I connected HDMI and changed the settings on the ACER monitor to accept HDMI. I get an error message "cable not...
  9. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have my second monitor connected to my lap top. it's dell latitude e6400 and I was running it in windows 7 and everything was fine but I had to upgrade to win 10 cause of my work and now suddenly win 10 can't detect my second monitor. it's connected via VGA cable. I've...
  10. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have two monitors set up and I was messing with the display and then I ended up pressing the make this my main display button. It changed some settings but I figured it was fine. Then when I tried to use fullscreen on any app on one display and went to the other to do...