Windows 10: How and where to Create 2 sets of Folders within the same main USER account for 2 people...

Discus and support How and where to Create 2 sets of Folders within the same main USER account for 2 people... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Folks: Sorry in advance if I have not formatted these questions properly for this forum and for being redundant in my questions. 1 My wife and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Galen727, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Galen727 Win User

How and where to Create 2 sets of Folders within the same main USER account for 2 people...

Hello Folks: Sorry in advance if I have not formatted these questions properly for this forum and for being redundant in my questions. 1 My wife and I will use the same new Desktop PC with brand new Windows 11 installed.1a. I am assuming when the technicians at our computer store setup Windows 11 Home, there would be a Main USER account, with most likely my name on it. And I am also assuming that there are some default folders within my USER Folder like Documents, Music, Photos, Contacts etc...1b. All I want to be able to do is instead of creating another USER Account for Karen, I just want t

:)

Galen727, Jan 25, 2023

2. 1 PC, 2 Account users

Hi Matthew,

Yes, it is possible by creating an administrator account. Just to clarify, which version and build of Windows device are you using? To verify your Windows, press
    Windows + R to open the Run window. Type WINVER
    and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.

To create a new user account, follow the steps below:

On Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Professional editions:

• First, click Start, then select Settings.
    • Select Accounts, then select Family & other people.
    • Then, Add someone else to this PC.
    • Lastly, enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

On Windows 10 Enterprise edition:

• First, click Start, then select Settings.
    • Select Accounts, then click Other people.
    • Then, Add someone else to this PC.
    • At the bottom of the page, select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information, and at the bottom of the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Note:

• To help keep your personal data and info more secure, we recommend adding a password when creating a local account.
    • Once you create a password for a local account, don't forget it—there is no way to recover a lost password for local accounts.

To make the new account an administrator account:

• Select Start, then click Settings.
    • Click Account, then select Family & other people (or Other people, if you're using Windows 10 Enterprise), and select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator, then click OK.
    • Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator account.

Update us on the result.

Marvelos Reg, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    create user fails windows 10

Geoff,

This is a shot in the dark.

Several people have been reporting different problems logging in to newly created user accounts.

• They just get a user profile service failed message instead of your symptoms.
    • Whilst their symptom is different, it occurs to me that the cause might be the same.
    • The common factor is that it affects newly-created user accounts that have never been successfully logged into.

So, I suggest having a look at my explanations in Cannot create a new user account that can be login.

In short -

1 Try copying the NTUSER.DAT file from the [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder of a computer that does not exhibit the problem.

2 Try copying the whole [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder group from a computer that does not exhibit the problem.

3 Try recreating the [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder group using Kapil Arya's linked article.

I have nothing other than a gut feeling to justify suggesting these steps,

Best of luck,

Denis

Tryx3, Jan 25, 2023
  4. How and where to Create 2 sets of Folders within the same main USER account for 2 people...

Creating and removing a user account in Windows 10

Hi Ron,

To answer your question, kindly follow the steps below:

To create a local user or administrator account:

Method 1:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Click on Add someone else to this PC.
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.
    Method 2:

To remove a user account or administrator account:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on Remove.
    • Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
    • Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow the onscreen instructions.

Note: Only administrator user can delete a user account. Log on as the new administrator and delete your account.

Let us know if you have further concerns.

Janeane Cru, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

How and where to Create 2 sets of Folders within the same main USER account for 2 people...

1. How and where to Create 2 sets of Folders within the same main USER account for 2 people... - Similar Threads - where Create sets

2. How and where to Create 2 sets of Folders within the same main USER account for 2 people...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How and where to Create 2 sets of Folders within the same main USER account for 2 people...: Hello Folks: Sorry in advance if I have not formatted these questions properly for this forum and for being redundant in my questions. 1 My wife and I will use the same new Desktop PC with brand new Windows 11 installed.1a. I am assuming when the technicians at our computer...
  3. 2 files in the same folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 files in the same folders with the same name: How can this happen!? Files downloaded from bank statements using Firefox. This worries me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-files-in-the-same-folders-with-the-same-name/514f1b90-be4c-43b0-a293-79c42d40da27
  4. 2 files in the same folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 files in the same folders with the same name: How can this happen!? Files downloaded from bank statements using Firefox. This worries me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-files-in-the-same-folders-with-the-same-name/514f1b90-be4c-43b0-a293-79c42d40da27
  5. 2 files in the same folders with the same name

6. 2 folders with same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 folders with same name: I have my photos in 2 folders on my OneDrive. They both appear in Explorer with the same name ‘Pictures’. When I look at Properties, I see that one of them is located at Onedrive/MyPictures which is its original name. I think I did some tweak a while back to make MyPictures...
  7. 2 folders with same name

2 folders with same name: I have my photos in 2 folders on my OneDrive. They both appear in Explorer with the same name ‘Pictures’. When I look at Properties, I see that one of them is located at Onedrive/MyPictures which is its original name. I think I did some tweak a while back to make MyPictures...
  8. How to 2 personal emails under the same user account?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to 2 personal emails under the same user account?: Hello I use 2 emails regularly, I own several products on my older email that I don't on my newer one, but I can't add my email for the microsoft store. Basically, the email I use for Windows 10 is my primary email that I use now, but my secondary email (my older one) has...
  9. 2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users: Created another user account, called Mac, also an admin, in case I need it. In User Accounts when I click on 'manage another account' it then shows 2nd account, Mac. But under C:\Users there is only main Dave folder and Public. Why would there be no folder for Mac? Can't...
  10. 2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users

in Windows 10 Support
    2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users: Created another user account, called Mac, also an admin, in case I need it. In User Accounts when I click on 'manage another account' it then shows 2nd account, Mac. But under C:\Users there is only main Dave folder and Public. Why would there be no folder for Mac? Can't...