Windows 10: how antivirus knows my passwords?

Discus and support how antivirus knows my passwords? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have never entered passwords after new antivirus installed and when I started, it shows that some of my passwords are weak. How is possible that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mateusz_B, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Mateusz_B Win User

how antivirus knows my passwords?

I have never entered passwords after new antivirus installed and when I started, it shows that some of my passwords are weak. How is possible that antivirus knows my Windows user pass, wireless and router password too?

:)

Mateusz_B, Oct 2, 2019

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 2, 2019
  4. how antivirus knows my passwords?

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

how antivirus knows my passwords?

1. how antivirus knows my passwords? - Similar Threads - antivirus knows passwords

2. Thank you for letting me know how to password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thank you for letting me know how to password: What's the deal with Windows 10 apps that pop-up a corner notice to inform you that the password field on login dialog (which pops-up at the same time as the corner notification) needs to have a password entered? It's 2020, we all know the purpose the password field on a...
  3. My pc is "locked" and I don't know password

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pc is "locked" and I don't know password: My PC is "locked" and I don't know password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-locked-and-i-dont-know-password/e9a45bb9-2710-45a9-8aef-1dc93298dd31
  4. I know my Microsoft account password but I do not know Windows account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I know my Microsoft account password but I do not know Windows account password: Hi, I forgot my Windows password. However, I know my Microsoft account password. When I try to recover my Windows password, it tells me "You need the Internet for this." Now I have moved to a new apartment, so Windows cannot recognize my new Internet connection settings....
  5. How to know the password which I didn't set?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to know the password which I didn't set?: I don't know how the web password was stored in Credential Manager when I use IE broswerA web can only be open by IE When I want to show that password, Windows Security ask me to enter another password the picture. In fact, I'm sure I didn't set any password for my local...
  6. I want to know how to sign in my new computer without a password

I want to know how to sign in my new computer without a password: I want to know how I can set up logging into my compute with a password, I can do it on my old computer with my Microsoft compter and window 10...
  7. I dont know my windows password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I dont know my windows password.: I bought this computer because of a crash on my main computer. I am trying to fix my other one by downloading and looking up issues. however, thialot of issues with sign in and passwo can you help me resolve this?rd problems....
  8. HOW TO DOWNLOAD ANTIVIRUS IN MY PC

HOW TO DOWNLOAD ANTIVIRUS IN MY PC: I HAVE BOUGHT MCAFEE ANTIVIRUS ONLINE FOR MY PC BUT UNABLE TO INSTALL IN MY PC SOME KB3033929 IS SHOWING I DIDNT MEAN THIS CODE SIMPLY TELL ME HOW I INSTALL ANTIVIRUS OR OTHERWISE RETURN THIS PRODUCT AND REFUND MY MONEY...
  9. How to Change Boot order without knowing the password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Change Boot order without knowing the password: My friend had her grandchildren mess up her computer She lost her administrator password. How can I find the administrator password to be able to reset the computer. Or, is there a way to bypass the required password. The Computer is running Windows 10....
  10. Can't sign in even know my password -- that's strange

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in even know my password -- that's strange: For the last few days I have been trying to login Windows 10 Pro 64X on my desktop and I know my password that I am using all along. I did try different things that I should try to see if I can get in but no luck even with system restore or system configuration. Nothing at...