Windows 10: how antivirus knows my passwords?

Discus and support how antivirus knows my passwords? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have never entered passwords after new antivirus installed and when I started, it shows that some of my passwords are weak. How is possible that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mateusz_B, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Mateusz_B Win User

how antivirus knows my passwords?

I have never entered passwords after new antivirus installed and when I started, it shows that some of my passwords are weak. How is possible that antivirus knows my Windows user pass, wireless and router password too?

:)

Mateusz_B, Oct 2, 2019

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 2, 2019
  4. how antivirus knows my passwords?

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

how antivirus knows my passwords?

1. how antivirus knows my passwords? - Similar Threads - antivirus knows passwords

2. How can I access my passwords when I don't know my window password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I access my passwords when I don't know my window password?: Since Microsoft basically took over my computer I can't access my saved passwords. I need to know the windows password but I never had one. My late husband probably knew it but I can't ask him anymore. This is really bad because I can't use my computer to do so many things I...
  3. How can i know my sign-in password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i know my sign-in password?: I usually signed in with my pin number of local account or microsoft account. I didn't save my password. I tried to reset password, but it was rejected because i didn't write down enough information. i haven't used this microsoft account for sending emails or buying for any...
  4. How can i know my sign-in password?

How can i know my sign-in password?: I usually signed in with my pin number of local account or microsoft account. I didn't save my password. I tried to reset password, but it was rejected because i didn't write down enough information. i haven't used this microsoft account for sending emails or buying for any...
  5. How can I repair my PC without knowing my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I repair my PC without knowing my password?: My PC is in repair mode and to access options within the troubleshoot->advanced options tab I can't choose anything because I don't know my password because I only use a passcode. Is there any way to save my PC?...
  6. How can I repair my PC without knowing my password?

How can I repair my PC without knowing my password?: My PC is in repair mode and to access options within the troubleshoot->advanced options tab I can't choose anything because I don't know my password because I only use a passcode. Is there any way to save my PC?...
  7. How can I repair my PC without knowing my password?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to reset password/know my password in my administrator account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset password/know my password in my administrator account?: The image keep failing to upload, so I'll put what's on my screen into words. On my monitor, there is a blue screen, and it says, "Select accountChoose an account to continue."I only have one account, coming from my name, "Hotaru FromAnotherWorld" and it's coming from a...
  9. How to reset password/know my password in my administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset password/know my password in my administrator account?: The image keep failing to upload, so I'll put what's on my screen into words. On my monitor, there is a blue screen, and it says, "Select accountChoose an account to continue."I only have one account, coming from my name, "Hotaru FromAnotherWorld" and it's coming from a...
  10. How to reset password/know my password in my administrator account?