Windows 10: How apply for update?

Discus and support How apply for update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Sir/Madam: I have both PCs with w10. One of them often received notices for update, but another seldom has opportunity to update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HonglinZhao, Jan 25, 2019.

1. How apply for update?

Dear Sir/Madam:

I have both PCs with w10. One of them often received notices for

update, but another seldom has opportunity to update.

For instance, now one was urged to update to 1809 many times, but

another did not.

How can ourselfs apply for updating or upgrading.

:)

HonglinZhao, Jan 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 25, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

How apply for update?

Thermal paste applied on your GPU / CPU, survey!

You already know what I'm going to say.

• Cool Silver G4
    • ~9 months
    • As directed first step,
      Second step I always install, then immediately uninstall, the HSF to remove the excess TIM. Which generally includes thoroughly cleaning either the processor die and/or the HS mating surface. Only both if I really screwed up and put way too much on, but always at least one or the other. Because it's almost impossible, IMO, to not apply too much TIM on your first try. And you can typically get by easily with half the amount(or ~ whatever is still stuck to the processor die or HSF after removing it). Next step I usually apply a few tiny pin point size dabs in any spots that look like they need more. Then final step, I reinstall the HSF, and call it good.
    • Because it's some seriously good TIM! Best I've ever used. No joke!*Wink How apply for update? ;)

MrGenius, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

How apply for update?

1. How apply for update? - Similar Threads - apply update

2. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  3. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  4. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Help: My Windows 11 23H2 Notebook wants to apply windows 11 23H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help: My Windows 11 23H2 Notebook wants to apply windows 11 23H2 update: Hello,On my lenovo T14 Notebook runs Windows 11 64Bit currently updated to version 23H2.sorry, screenshots currently seem not to work on this website?However, the windows update process wants to Update to "Windows 11, version 23h".The update fails with error 0x8024a217.What...
  6. Help: My Windows 11 23H2 Notebook wants to apply windows 11 23H2 update

Help: My Windows 11 23H2 Notebook wants to apply windows 11 23H2 update: Hello,On my lenovo T14 Notebook runs Windows 11 64Bit currently updated to version 23H2.sorry, screenshots currently seem not to work on this website?However, the windows update process wants to Update to "Windows 11, version 23h".The update fails with error 0x8024a217.What...
  7. Can we safely assume that the error in applying security update KB5034441 in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we safely assume that the error in applying security update KB5034441 in Windows 10...: Microsoft Windows 10 Version 22H2 Security Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-safely-assume-that-the-error-in-applying/758c1d84-3f7b-47d1-a020-1e0e881b63f4
  8. Can we safely assume that the error in applying security update KB5034441 in Windows 10...

Can we safely assume that the error in applying security update KB5034441 in Windows 10...: Microsoft Windows 10 Version 22H2 Security Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-safely-assume-that-the-error-in-applying/758c1d84-3f7b-47d1-a020-1e0e881b63f4
  9. Can we safely assume that the error in applying security update KB5034441 in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Can't apply update 0x80070643

Can't apply update 0x80070643: Hello,I have a 2-3 year-old Windows box HP Omen, and am trying to apply a recent update. I get the 0x80070643 error that seems to indicate that I need to resize my recovery partition to apply the update. I don't want to do this; I have 73+GB free on my 1TB SSD disk and...