Windows 10: How avoid changing language with shortcut?

Discus and support How avoid changing language with shortcut? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I use Photoshop soft need use too many shortcut. Doing that some reason most of the time my language changing and cant get back into English. If i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZoneTR, Apr 15, 2020.

1. ZoneTR Win User

How avoid changing language with shortcut?

When I use Photoshop soft need use too many shortcut. Doing that some reason most of the time my language changing and cant get back into English. If i do pc restart then it fixed.

But I want to know if any way stop changing language. only English want. just don't want to change when using any soft with key shortcut or any way get back the English ?

:)

ZoneTR, Apr 15, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Shortcuts for Keyboard Input Languages -- Erased by Windows 10 upon Hibernation or Sleep, and during Automatic Updates

Hi Jeremy,

This issue with shortcut keys for input language can be caused by software conflicts.

For us to better assist you, and to avoid performing the same troubleshooting steps, please answer the following questions:

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried to resolve the issue?
    • On which version of Windows 10 is your device running?
    • Have you installed any software or made any hardware changes on your computer prior to the issue?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Arjay Dom, Apr 15, 2020
  4. How avoid changing language with shortcut?

Language change

Hi Peter,

It could be that the language pack is missing on your Windows 10 device. With this, we suggest that you try to add the language on your device. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Under Language, select Add a language.

You may also check the Change input methods on which language are currently installed on your device. You may also click Add a language on the
    Change your language preferences window.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

How avoid changing language with shortcut?

1. How avoid changing language with shortcut? - Similar Threads - avoid changing language

2. How to avoid unwanted Fn Key Shortcut Guide?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to avoid unwanted Fn Key Shortcut Guide?: Using WIndows 11 Home version 22H2, most every time I press the Fn key an unwanted Fn Key Shortcut Guide appears. How do I get rid of that annoying guide? I simply want to use the function key without the distracting guide popping up ever....
  3. How to avoid unwanted Fn Key Shortcut Guide?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to avoid unwanted Fn Key Shortcut Guide?: Using WIndows 11 Home version 22H2, most every time I press the Fn key an unwanted Fn Key Shortcut Guide appears. How do I get rid of that annoying guide? I simply want to use the function key without the distracting guide popping up ever....
  4. shortcut to change to specific keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    shortcut to change to specific keyboard language?: So far I've been using alt + tab to cycle between my two keyboard languages i usually use. However, since windows keeps automatically adding new keyboards to my system, this shortcut is messed up for me. It is tiring to keep removing these keyboards, and I have not found a...
  5. Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?

Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?: Hi,Usually I use CTRL+A to select all content in a page or document, but when it comes to Windows/Office, I need to use CRTL+T. This is because my system is in Portuguese, so the shortcuts are different.This is a terrible idea, and just complicates everything! Is there any...
  6. Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?: Hi,Usually I use CTRL+A to select all content in a page or document, but when it comes to Windows/Office, I need to use CRTL+T. This is because my system is in Portuguese, so the shortcuts are different.This is a terrible idea, and just complicates everything! Is there any...
  7. how to change language change shortcut ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change language change shortcut ?: i downloaded japanese language and and when i switch it to english and when im trying to type in capital by pressing the caps lock it doesnt make it capital it just changes the language again. please help me fix , isnt there way to change the shortcut key ? submitted by...
  8. How to avoid this ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to avoid this ?: I feel a need to reset my windows but don't want to loose my APPS and who knows what else: [img] 172130
  9. Keyboard shortcut to change language input not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard shortcut to change language input not working: I constantly change between Korean and English keyboard. So these are the ways to quickly change INPUT language of keyboard: 1. click the letter icon beside language bar in taskbar 2. press left Alt + Shift or windows logo + space I want the second one because it's...
  10. how to change language ?

how to change language ?: I d'ont speak English but only french. I thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-language/d88298fd-de48-45b0-adee-3f5f1d1a6336