Windows 10: How best to get 150 GB uploaded to OneDrive.

Discus and support How best to get 150 GB uploaded to OneDrive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently came to the conclusion that I should be (need) to back up my Pictures folder (massive 150 GB, 55K files, 3K folders to OneDrive for archival... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by roninrr2, Jan 6, 2019.

1. roninrr2 Win User

How best to get 150 GB uploaded to OneDrive.

I recently came to the conclusion that I should be (need) to back up my Pictures folder (massive 150 GB, 55K files, 3K folders to OneDrive for archival purposes. I don't need these files monitored by OneDrive (don't know if that is a big deal or not) - but just want to have the files backed up somewhere (tired to copying them to multiple jump drives).

I have a smaller 200 GB SSD (mostly used by Windows and my Documents folders) and a 2 TB HD that has all of my Pictures stored on it.

Anyway, what would be the best approach to get them uploaded. I haven't had good luck uploading massive files before because for whatever reason, the upload never finishes and there doesn't seem to be any recovery or way to continue without starting all over (does OneDrive upload support this and I don't understand how it works). I am not placing the files in my OneDrive folder on the C: drive (which I think would work) because there isn't room and I don't know how to configure a 2nd HD access for OneDrive or a way to have OneDrive continue when its upload is interrupted.

Is there any way, or the best way, to do this without having to manually break the Picture folders up into smaller chunks and upload them piece by piece.

ron in round rock

:)

roninrr2, Jan 6, 2019
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Large upload to Onedrive

The first step is to purchase or otherwise have that much free space in OneDrive.

The second step is to make sure that no individual file is larger than 10 GB since that is OneDrive's limit for a single file. (OneDrive for Business has a larger cap.)

The third step is to simply drag and drop your files onto the OneDrive interface. That much data will take several days to upload.

BulldogXX, Jan 6, 2019
  3. 400 GB upload to OneDrive failing

I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 forum question or a OneDrive forum question.

I have about 400 GB on a drive on my PC stored as J:>Music>Lossless>Artist>Album>tracks. I am trying to upload it to OneDrive to a folder Music. I am dragging the folder from J: to OneDrive opened in Chrome. The uploads appears to start by creating all the folders and sub-folders on OneDrive and then starts uploading the albums tracks but in a random order.

When I lose connectivity which happens regularly, if I try to drag the Music folder from J: across I get "upload failed as folders already exist". There are over 27,000 tracks and it is virtually impossible to open each folder on OneDrive, find out what isn't there, and then manually upload the missing tracks.

I'm sure there is an easier way to do this but I don't have the knowledge and I can't find it in Google.

Any help is much appreciated.

Brisbanebob, Jan 6, 2019
  4. How best to get 150 GB uploaded to OneDrive.

Onedrive uploads not happening - clocking but no upload

Hi Rohn,

The issue that you’ve encountered uploading your files to OneDrive may be caused by some files or components that are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    fix OneDrive sync problems. Once you’re on the
    page, you may expand and proceed with the steps in each option under the
    Fix sync issues with the new OneDrive personal sync client
    section, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

How best to get 150 GB uploaded to OneDrive.

1. How best to get 150 GB uploaded to OneDrive. - Similar Threads - best 150 uploaded

2. OneDrive automatic screenshot uploading is disabled, but they keep getting uploaded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive automatic screenshot uploading is disabled, but they keep getting uploaded...: Hello,I seem to be having issues with OneDrive on my windows 11 machine. First, I want to be clear that I do not want my screenshots to be backed up or uploaded to the cloud automatically. I noticed that OneDrive was saving them by default on the cloud. I erased them, and I...
  3. OneDrive automatic screenshot uploading is disabled, but they keep getting uploaded...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive automatic screenshot uploading is disabled, but they keep getting uploaded...: Hello,I seem to be having issues with OneDrive on my windows 11 machine. First, I want to be clear that I do not want my screenshots to be backed up or uploaded to the cloud automatically. I noticed that OneDrive was saving them by default on the cloud. I erased them, and I...
  4. Uploading to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  5. Onedrive Uploads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Uploads: I'm playing fortnite and onedrive keeps trying to upload the files to the cloud and i dont want that to happen! i want the files to stay on the laptop. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-uploads/343c2409-9118-4692-9942-f1cc640d54e6
  6. OneDrive increases upload file size limit from 100 GB to 250 GB

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive increases upload file size limit from 100 GB to 250 GB: Happy new year and welcome to 2021. We are thrilled to begin this year with some exciting news. As remote work and learning increases so does the need to reliably and securely share large files-4K or 8K video files, 3D models, CAD files, or large scientific data sets-with...
  7. 150+ mystery GB on my C drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    150+ mystery GB on my C drive: Hi, i know that others have had this issue too, and I read and followed advice to clear out my %temp% folder and deleted other temporary files and stuff, which saved me maybe like 5GB, which is great but it literally says I still have 189GB of stuff in my applications...
  8. System and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space

System and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space: I just uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 10 on a new SurfacePro. There's only two applications reinstalled and 0 files. The System and Reserve are taking about 150 GB of space. Something seems wrong. Normally, I'm an Apple user. But I need this device to work with Zoom...
  9. uploading to OneDrive

uploading to OneDrive: I was uploading a very large file onto OneDrive I only had the free version. It stopped uploading as I was out of space. On a different device I upgraded & paid for one of the premium packages. The device I was uploading on did not detect the upgrade. I logged out and...
  10. 400 GB upload to OneDrive failing

in Windows 10 Support
    400 GB upload to OneDrive failing: I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 forum question or a OneDrive forum question. I have about 400 GB on a drive on my PC stored as J:>Music>Lossless>Artist>Album>tracks. I am trying to upload it to OneDrive to a folder Music. I am dragging the folder from J: to OneDrive...