Windows 10: How best to install d/l-ed copy of W10

Discus and support How best to install d/l-ed copy of W10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi :) I have a formatted HDD ready to take my W10 install. I will be d/l-ing from the MS site, and have the choice of creating installation media to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by riffwraith, Aug 28, 2020.

1. How best to install d/l-ed copy of W10

Hi How best to install d/l-ed copy of W10 :)

I have a formatted HDD ready to take my W10 install. I will be d/l-ing from the MS site, and have the choice of creating installation media to install: USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file

Obviously, the end result will be the same, but what is easiest? Anyone know the size of the d/l? Not sure if I have FDs large enough.

Thanks in advance.

:)

riffwraith, Aug 28, 2020

2. Want to D/L W10 but not install at this time

I want to D/L W10 but not install it yet. I have W10 installed on a LT and have not mastered it so I don't want to install W10 on my DT computer.

I stated the Download process and that completed but then it said it was preparing to install, since I didn't want it installed I canceled the download.

At what point am I given the option of creating an iso file?

Thanks Don

DonaldBueltmann, Aug 28, 2020
  3. DIVX player D/L fails

When I run the Windows update troubleshooter it says I have a missing or corrupt service registration and that I should reset it but it didn't tell me how! I know nothing about PC's (obviously) so I don't know how to reset it or why I should have to.

I am using Win 10. I had Win 7 and accepted the free download from MSN when it became available. It's not a bootleg copy and everything else so far has worked and D/L'ed fine.

The DIVX installer D/L's fine but when I try to run it (as adm.) I get a pop-up that says
    "an error has occurred. Please check your internet settings and try again."

Windows also suggested I modify the register to solve the problem. (with my very limited PC skills I wouldn't do that on a dare!) Sounds dangerous!

As I stated before, this DIVX D/L is the only problem I have had with any D/L's.

I haven't made any changes to my PC. I did uninstall the old DIVX player when the new player DL failed per a suggestion from another tech site but that didn't help.

thanks for the help,

lige

lige perry, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Peteb2018 Win User

How best to install d/l-ed copy of W10

Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC

I have recently purchased a new PC. It comes with a copy of W10 home installed (not activated) on a 1TB HDD but I also have a 240GB SSD installed.

I was wondering if it is possible to copy my retail version of W10 pro (activated by digital license) on my old pc onto the new ssd and what steps I need to take to do this?

Many thanks,

Pete

Peteb2018, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

How best to install d/l-ed copy of W10

1. How best to install d/l-ed copy of W10 - Similar Threads - best install copy

2. Administrator account apparently blocked on W10 Home Ed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator account apparently blocked on W10 Home Ed: My laptop, an Acer Spin3, came pre-packaged with Windows 10 Home Edition and had upgrades to version 20H2, Build 19042.867. The current problem is that I cannot log into the Administrator account, which I enabled and am using a strong password. Since I use this password...
  3. Different D/L speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Different D/L speeds: I've got two PC's connected to the same router with both connected via Ethernet cable. D/L speeds between the two are wide apart. I'd like to know what factors could influence this difference. PC#1 i7-9700K 3.6 ghz base 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM 802.11 Network card D/L speed...
  4. Best place to buy W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Best place to buy W10?: Hi :) I am looking to buy a W10 OEM license for a machine I am building. Recommendations for an online legitimate retailer? Thanks in advance. 163014
  5. W10 install halts on Copying Windows files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 install halts on Copying Windows files: I am reinstalling Windows 10 using the creation tool. All goes well until I get to the "Copying Windows files" screen won't advance with green check-marks in Getting Files, Installing Features, etc. I even tried a different hard drive with the same results. I know in past...
  6. Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?

Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?: so i have windows 10 installed on my c: drive but it has become unstable, even a reset and countless other "tricks" didn't fix the issues, so i've decided to just go ahead and do a clean install... as mentioned, it's installed on my c: drive but this time around i would like...
  7. Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?: so i have windows 10 installed on my c: drive but it has become unstable, even a reset and countless other "tricks" didn't fix the issues, so i've decided to just go ahead and do a clean install... as mentioned, it's installed on my c: drive but this time around i would like...
  8. 1903 d/l and install-- how long should it take

1903 d/l and install-- how long should it take: I have a new Acer laptop. It is fast and has a SSD drive. I recently had it updated to 1809. It now says 1903 is ready to be d/l and installed. Of course, I read the forums and read about all the issues. What should I expect? How long should it take? Am I just better off...
  9. How to best re-install W10 after a buggy v1809 update? Best process?

How to best re-install W10 after a buggy v1809 update? Best process?: Hello, I am sure this question has been asked thousands time. Is so, could someone kindly point me to it. There is now too much info when searching. I should perhaps also try Brink on 10forum, superbly pedagogical and to the point. I am fed up trying to get my W10 post...
  10. Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803?

Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803?: Hello. I'm trying to upgrade a client's Intel NUC's W10 Home Ed. v1803 to v1809, but it's seems to stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, and installing that never finishes (doesn't even ask me to reboot yet!). It already happened five times as shown in my uploaded...