Windows 10: How big are system files supposed to be?

Discus and support How big are system files supposed to be? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wadeak78 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkwefs/how_big_are_system_files_supposed_to_be/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wadeak78, Jul 3, 2020.

1. How big are system files supposed to be?

/u/wadeak78, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jul 3, 2020
  4. How big are system files supposed to be?

file system error -1073545193

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are encountering the error message when you are trying to access any media file in the CD/DVD Drive of your computer.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

How big are system files supposed to be?

1. How big are system files supposed to be? - Similar Threads - big are system

2. How to transfer Big Files to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to transfer Big Files to Remote Desktop: [IMG]This post shows how to transfer large files from a Remote Desktop to a local machine or vice versa in Windows 11/10. We discuss how to copy large files over 2 GB in a Remote Desktop Session on a Windows server or client machine. What is the maximum file size transfer for...
  3. Are pagefile.sys supposed to be this big ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are pagefile.sys supposed to be this big ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kwmdxn/are_pagefilesys_supposed_to_be_this_big/
  4. System files too big

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System files too big: Hello, I have a bootcamp partition on my Mac for Windows 10. I allocated approx. 1000 GB for Windows. As of today, the System Files folder is 847 GB, and I can't understand why I have tried searching for the largest files on my system, and for some reason, I can't make...
  5. System file too big & file size not adding up

System file too big & file size not adding up: Hello, Recently I purchased a new PC and did a fresh install of Windows 10 Home on it. As I have 500GB SSD, I split it into two partitions, I allocated 50GB for Windows and the rest is for file storage/games etc. The problem is, merely a week after fresh install the system...
  6. Are the "windows" and "Users" files supposed to be so big?

Are the "windows" and "Users" files supposed to be so big?: I'm incredibly desperate for space. I've run disk cleanup and i've deleted everything i was sure i didn't need or want. I've been counting everything that i'm aware I personally downloaded or needed on my laptop, like video games or personal files etc. It comes down to around...
  7. system file is way too big

system file is way too big: i built a new PC 2 days ago and my system file has somehow grown to 92 GB. it is taking up way too much space as my old PC it was only about 20. how can i reduce it? submitted by /u/jaboolean [link] [comments]...
  8. How to move big files temporarily?

How to move big files temporarily?: I currently have win10 home and bought a Windows 10 pro key which can't upgrade my current version. So I will have to install win10 pro which will make all my current files disappear. I wonder how can I still keep them cause I have around 800gb data. Are there some services...
  9. How big is the windows installation supposed to be?

How big is the windows installation supposed to be?: So I've recently installed windows on my C: drive HDD then cloned it to an SSD when i got one E: I was shocked to notice that 80gb out of 120 had been used. I tried looking at the properties and the total space from each folder Program files, Windows, windows.old, etc. is...
  10. WinRAR file but suppose to be JAR file

WinRAR file but suppose to be JAR file: Basically, me and my friend were trying to install a thing for a game called "Minecraft". The file is suppose to be JAR file but he forgot to install JAVA, but before he installed it... he kept opening the file with .WinRAR How do i make the .WinRAR file into a .JAR file?...