Windows 10: how big does a flashdrive need to be to create a restore/backup?

Discus and support how big does a flashdrive need to be to create a restore/backup? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For a restore/backup, how big a flash drive do I need?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by heanner, Aug 14, 2019.

1. heanner Win User

how big does a flashdrive need to be to create a restore/backup?

For a restore/backup, how big a flash drive do I need?

:)

heanner, Aug 14, 2019
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Aug 14, 2019
  3. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Aug 14, 2019
  4. how big does a flashdrive need to be to create a restore/backup?

Can't create a Restore flash backup in Win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help resolve the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you perform Power Drain and restart the backup process and check if you get the same error.

To perform Power Drain and check if you are able to create the backup. To do so follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

how big does a flashdrive need to be to create a restore/backup?

1. how big does a flashdrive need to be to create a restore/backup? - Similar Threads - big does flashdrive

2. Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?: Hi,I have tested this several times, I make a GPO backup and restore it in a different machine and the backup does not restore the GPO completely. In particular the Network Manager List - Network Name Value is not restored, however, when I check the GPO after restore it shows...
  3. Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?: Hi,I have tested this several times, I make a GPO backup and restore it in a different machine and the backup does not restore the GPO completely. In particular the Network Manager List - Network Name Value is not restored, however, when I check the GPO after restore it shows...
  4. Does anyone know how to restore backup with Paragon 17?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to restore backup with Paragon 17?: [IMG] I cannot believe that I can't figure this out. I have 5 different volumes to select from and only 2 volume destinations. Here is what it looks like. the D: is a separate backup drive. The C: volume and the other Local Disk NFTS volume are the only possible...
  5. Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?: I have wasted a week trying to backup my computer because I've been warned the hard drive will fail. Every time I get to 97% - which takes a day - it stalls. I have run chkdsk - also one day - and found some problems. I have a feeling each time I run it and each time I...
  6. How to create a universal backup ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to create a universal backup ?: Hi, I want to create a universal backup so that I can restore Windows 10 on any machine with a different hardware. I have heard that apparently Windows 10 is better with hardware changes now in comparison to Windows 7 where system would either bluescreen or be stuck in a...
  7. VSS is corrupt and need to enable to create backup

in Windows 10 Support
    VSS is corrupt and need to enable to create backup: Just inform that VSS is corrupted and enable to create backup. Acronis referred me after doing diagnostic test as to why it could not create a backup with their software. They suggested I contact Microsoft to resolve this. Windows 10 version 1903 156949
  8. Backup, Create a Restore Point or Create a Recovery Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup, Create a Restore Point or Create a Recovery Drive?: In case I get a virus, I want to create a backup which can make the computer exactly as it was before the virus with all files, programs, and disk drives (C and D) exactly as they were. Something like Apple's Time Machine. Windows has three different options and I don't which...
  9. Creating a new differential backup after a restore

Creating a new differential backup after a restore: Can I create new differential backup after restoring an existing one? Let’s take the following backup set as an example: 00 – Full Backup 01 – First Differential 02 – Second Differential 03 - Third Differential If I restored to the second differential backup, could I...
  10. How does restore & backup work with bitlocker?

How does restore & backup work with bitlocker?: Let say i want to encrypt my c:\ drive with bitlocker and make a system image from it, i first unlock the drive right...(if not set to automatic) then make the image... but how does a restore work??? if the PC does not boot anymore? and i got the image on a external HD does...