Windows 10: How big is the windows installation supposed to be?

Discus and support How big is the windows installation supposed to be? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I've recently installed windows on my C: drive HDD then cloned it to an SSD when i got one E: I was shocked to notice that 80gb out of 120 had been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TJlol, Jan 14, 2020.

1. TJlol Win User

How big is the windows installation supposed to be?

So I've recently installed windows on my C: drive HDD then cloned it to an SSD when i got one E: I was shocked to notice that 80gb out of 120 had been used. I tried looking at the properties and the total space from each folder Program files, Windows, windows.old, etc. is less than 80gb. The few programs i have installed are things like discord and streamlabs. No games, no software like photoshop, after effects etc. I have a feeling it might be because i installed windows 10 twice on the same drive in a mistake i made during the first installation and that might have cloned both OS's.

Is there another reason why 80gb would be used already? Is there a way to see whats taking up my space?

Any help would be appreciated

:)

TJlol, Jan 14, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jan 14, 2020
  4. How big is the windows installation supposed to be?

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

How big is the windows installation supposed to be?

1. How big is the windows installation supposed to be? - Similar Threads - big installation supposed

2. Too Big, How?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too Big, How?: Hi,I have downloaded a file zipped from google drive to add to a usb.The file is 7.01GB in size zipped.I have 2 usb's @ 32gb, both never used until today, the first totally empty, and the one same capacity with 13gb Free.Yet I am getting the attached when trying to copy or...
  3. Too Big, How?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too Big, How?: Hi,I have downloaded a file zipped from google drive to add to a usb.The file is 7.01GB in size zipped.I have 2 usb's @ 32gb, both never used until today, the first totally empty, and the one same capacity with 13gb Free.Yet I am getting the attached when trying to copy or...
  4. installation big problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installation big problem: Previously, when I install any software, they all ask me where i want to install. Now they just install into C disk. This is not reasonable. Seems like I can not split my SSD. I used your suggestion in system -> sotrage-> advanced setting to change the different installaztion...
  5. installation big problem

installation big problem: Previously, when I install any software, they all ask me where i want to install. Now they just install into C disk. This is not reasonable. Seems like I can not split my SSD. I used your suggestion in system -> sotrage-> advanced setting to change the different installaztion...
  6. Windows 11 big problems with downloading / installation of big files / programms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 big problems with downloading / installation of big files / programms: Hi,It is notable that I used Windows 10 before this without any problems. I didn't moved my desktop PC and I didn't changed anything else on it's hardware. So it is the exact same PC which run under Windows 10 without any issues. The PC is connected to the network over...
  7. Windows 11 big problems with downloading / installation of big files / programms

Windows 11 big problems with downloading / installation of big files / programms: Hi,It is notable that I used Windows 10 before this without any problems. I didn't moved my desktop PC and I didn't changed anything else on it's hardware. So it is the exact same PC which run under Windows 10 without any issues. The PC is connected to the network over...
  8. Are pagefile.sys supposed to be this big ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are pagefile.sys supposed to be this big ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kwmdxn/are_pagefilesys_supposed_to_be_this_big/
  9. How big are system files supposed to be?

How big are system files supposed to be?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wadeak78 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkwefs/how_big_are_system_files_supposed_to_be/
  10. Are the "windows" and "Users" files supposed to be so big?

Are the "windows" and "Users" files supposed to be so big?: I'm incredibly desperate for space. I've run disk cleanup and i've deleted everything i was sure i didn't need or want. I've been counting everything that i'm aware I personally downloaded or needed on my laptop, like video games or personal files etc. It comes down to around...