Windows 10: How big is the windows installation supposed to be?

Discus and support How big is the windows installation supposed to be? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I've recently installed windows on my C: drive HDD then cloned it to an SSD when i got one E: I was shocked to notice that 80gb out of 120 had been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TJlol, Jan 14, 2020 at 11:37 AM.

1. TJlol Win User

How big is the windows installation supposed to be?

So I've recently installed windows on my C: drive HDD then cloned it to an SSD when i got one E: I was shocked to notice that 80gb out of 120 had been used. I tried looking at the properties and the total space from each folder Program files, Windows, windows.old, etc. is less than 80gb. The few programs i have installed are things like discord and streamlabs. No games, no software like photoshop, after effects etc. I have a feeling it might be because i installed windows 10 twice on the same drive in a mistake i made during the first installation and that might have cloned both OS's.

Is there another reason why 80gb would be used already? Is there a way to see whats taking up my space?

Any help would be appreciated

:)

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 14, 2020 at 11:38 AM
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jan 14, 2020 at 11:38 AM
  4. How big is the windows installation supposed to be?

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

Thema:

How big is the windows installation supposed to be?

1. How big is the windows installation supposed to be? - Similar Threads - big installation supposed

2. Windows re tools partition How big?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows re tools partition How big?: Just how big should the Windows RE Tools partition be? This has probably been posted before, but I am a bit lazy today. So thanks in advance. Win 1903 18362.499 143890
  3. OneDrive inception - not how it's supposed to work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive inception - not how it's supposed to work: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/elsabib [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dlgcpj/onedrive_inception_not_how_its_supposed_to_work/
  4. How big is the new windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How big is the new windows 10 update?: I am on a limited data plan. I just need to know how big the file is so I knw how much data I am going to spend on this. An estimate is good enough. Thank you....
  5. How to make sure Windows notifies me for everything it's supposed to

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make sure Windows notifies me for everything it's supposed to: I noticed recently that my computer started doing this strange thing with the notifications ever since I reinstalled a program I had on my laptop called qBittorrent where it would never notify me for specific things that happen such as a torrent or a file on Chrome finished...
  6. How Favourites is supposed to work in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    How Favourites is supposed to work in Windows 10: Hello I don't know how favourites are supposed to work in Windoxs 10 but this is certainly not user friendly ! This is one of the reason I have instolled Google Chrome and don't use Edge I've saved several Favorites sites using the little Star in Windows Edge, but after...
  7. Is this supposed to be here?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is this supposed to be here?: So I was looking at my storage on my laptop and I thought that I should optimize it, then i noticed this [img] It's the one at the very bottom, is that supposed to be there? 28409
  8. How is Windows 10 networking supposed to work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How is Windows 10 networking supposed to work?: According to this thread on technet, Stop using SMB1 | Storage at Microsoft, Microsoft has disabled SMBv1 via update and that the "Windows Explorer Network (aka “Network Neighborhood”)" doesn't function properly anymore, "This legacy protocol is long deprecated, doesn’t...
  9. How are you supposed to use extra desktops?

in Windows 10 Support
    How are you supposed to use extra desktops?: Hi I don't quite get the add desktops thing. I open the desktop and add another one, then what. If I put different Icons on it does it persist indefinitely so two different used could have different desktops? If it's going to do that it seems like it should be...
  10. Where is install.wim supposed to be?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is install.wim supposed to be?: Some time after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I tried to create a recovery drive using Paragon's Recovery Media Builder (RMB). But it fails with Error 15: Unable to find install.wim. (I never had that problem on Windows 7.) OK, I understand that I was probably...