Windows 10: How Block Unwanted Software From Starting

Discus and support How Block Unwanted Software From Starting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 1903 NCH Software seems to have installed 28 of their programs on my PC. There is a directory showing shortcuts to them, including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GarCooper, Jan 28, 2020.

1. GarCooper Win User

How Block Unwanted Software From Starting

Windows 10 Version 1903

NCH Software seems to have installed 28 of their programs on my PC. There is a directory showing shortcuts to them, including one called Doxillion.

Now, when I try to edit a doc file by clicking on the filename in my directory program, l get a message telling me to run Doxillion if I want to edit the doc.

None of the NCH programs are listed in the installed apps in Windows Settings, so I can't uninstall.

How do I block or uninstall the NCH stuff?

Thanks.

:)

GarCooper, Jan 28, 2020

2. Blocking unwanted software messages to purchase such as slimware plus

Hello DonDellett

I'm Peter F

Please follow these steps

Click on the menu icon (three stacked dots) on the top-right of the Chrome screen.

Click “Settings”.

Scroll to the bottom and click “Advanced”.

In the Privacy and Security section, scroll down and click “Content Settings”.

Click “Notifications”.

At the top of the page, there’s a toggle that’s set to “Ask before sending (recommended)”. Flip the toggle to “Blocked” to stop the pop-up windows. Below the toggle is “Block” and “Allow” lists. The entries in these lists override the toggle. If you want to
    get notifications from a website, add it's URL to the "Allow" list.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script

Hi Denis

Thanks for the Suggestion, but only if it were that easy...There is no such option as you can see by the image below.

How Block Unwanted Software From Starting [​IMG]

MrWhispers, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

1. How Block Unwanted Software From Starting - Similar Threads - Block Unwanted Software

2. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus or Potentially unwanted software: I don't know what happened all the apps that i download on PC is not working, when I click on them they show up this message "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" so how can I get my apps back...
  3. Unwanted software Running in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted software Running in background: A software is running and it is using 60%-80% of my cpu i notice this when I open "NZXT CAM" software. I can see what software is running heavily and I saw visual features and whenever I open task manager to close it the visual feature that is causing my cpu to run at 90%...
  4. Remove unwanted software from program files\windowsapps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove unwanted software from program files\windowsapps: I have uninstalled CandyCrushSaga and other software items via Settings/Apps/Uninstall, but large numbers of files for CandyCrushSaga still exist in WindowsApps. I am unable to delete them. In fact WindowsApps contains almost 4 GB of files, most of which are never and will...
  5. Unwanted Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted Software: What is the best way to remove "one-updater" from my computer running Windows 10 Pro, OS Build 19041388? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-software/1ab52d26-8cd8-40c0-85cb-b13b45dc4094
  6. Blocking potentially unwanted applications

Blocking potentially unwanted applications: Hi. For people using Windows 10 Home1909, is their a way to set your windows defender to block PUPs and PUAs? And I know that the new Edge has an option to do this but is their a way to make this a system wide setting? Thank You....
  7. Completely Block Software From Internet

Completely Block Software From Internet: Hi all, I am trying to block software from connecting to the internet. I have a backup image of my PC with it all working offline, but as soon as I connect it to the internet, the software connects. It does this without opening/running the software, I think it has a...
  8. Blocking unwanted software messages to purchase such as slimware plus

Blocking unwanted software messages to purchase such as slimware plus: How do I stop and block unwanted software from sending me messages to purchase such as slimware plus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-unwanted-software-messages-to-purchase/1073a497-23ec-4436-8414-aa12194ac31e"
  9. unwanted software removal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unwanted software removal: Hi Team, I can see lot of versions of same software is installed in the system. Which one is correct and which one is needed I am not sure. I need some tool to remove the unwanted software ; as my system takes long time to load and kills my harddisk read. one more...
  10. Block Software from Installing or running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block Software from Installing or running: Is there a way to stop certain software/apps from installing, or if not possible, from not running? I want to block chrome. Also, can edge in the start menu be hidden? Thanks ( win10 home x64 ) 70307