Windows 10: How bring over all Word 2007 settings into a new Win10

Discus and support How bring over all Word 2007 settings into a new Win10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Our old Win7 with Office 2007 crashed and we bought a new Win10 Home and newly installed Office2016 We have a rescued/restored copy of the 2007 hard... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by robls99, Jul 7, 2020.

1. robls99 Win User

How bring over all Word 2007 settings into a new Win10

Our old Win7 with Office 2007 crashed and we bought a new Win10 Home and newly installed Office2016
    We have a rescued/restored copy of the 2007 hard drive

How can we retrieve all the old Word 2007 settings such as printing 3 column labels into Office2016/Word in the new Win10?

:)

robls99, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Word 2007

Hi Ron,

To address your concern about not being able to save in Word 2007, kindly click this

link
    and follow the steps provided by Rohn007 on January 31, 2011.

Keep us posted with the result.

Ar Rom, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007

This is my list of installed Office 2007 updates [Control panel, Programs & features, View installed updates]

How bring over all Word 2007 settings into a new Win10 [​IMG]

- I have installed Office 2007 Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access.
    - If you have installed other Office 2007 components you will find others shown in your own list of installed updates [once you are fully up to date].

I suggest saving copies of each one now in case they are ever removed from the MS update catalog downloads lists.
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...?q=Office+2007
    - Just download the updates shown in your own list of installed updates rather than the whole list provided by the MS update catalog because the catalog includes ones that were subsequently superceded by others.
    - SP3, which was a major update that established a new beginning for Office 2007 and upon which all further updates were based, is also described in https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2526086 and the article also provides a download link for it
    - If I reinstall Office, I work through the updates list in KB numerical order starting with SP3

Denis

Try3, Jul 7, 2020
  4. How bring over all Word 2007 settings into a new Win10

Clicking on a word file in Exploring does not open Word 2007 like it should

On my Win 7 computer at home, if I doubleclick a Word file in Exploring, it successfully opens Word 2007.

On my Win 10 laptop, though, even though Word 2007 is on it and can be opened easily and works great, if I doubleclick a Word file in Exploring, it asks me if I want to "try buy or activate Office" . No, I don't. For my very basic needs, Office 2007 is
    just fine. All of this applies to my .xlsx files as well which I want to open Excel 2007 and get the same problem.

~

When I try to do "Open with..." , Word 2007 is not an option I can find. And if I try to set the opening program to the shortcut icon that I use to open Word 2007, it tells me that it's not a valid app. How can it not be valid when I can open that program
    just fine from the shortcut icon and can open the same file from within word? I just can't seem to set the default.

~

The program files that need to be reached (winword.exe and excel.exe) are in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12

but unlike in Win7, if I go to settings to set the default for .xlsx, win10 doesn't allow me to point to that.

It only suggests the Excel I can buy or "look for an app in the store".

Whatever happened to letting me choose something that's on my computer?

~

It's very annoying to have to go to Word and Excel manually and drill back down to the file I'm already looking at when I just want to double-click to open like I can in Win7. How can I fix this? Thanks!

MiloFromSanDiego, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

How bring over all Word 2007 settings into a new Win10

1. How bring over all Word 2007 settings into a new Win10 - Similar Threads - bring Word 2007

2. Recover Word 2007 Document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover Word 2007 Document: I accidentally overwrote a Word doc. I have autorecover set up, yet there are NO files in autorecover. Zip. Never have been in all the years I've used Word. I AM DESPERATE!When I try to go to and follow this path C:\Users\linda\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\ NOTHING shows...
  3. Recover Word 2007 Document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Word 2007 Document: I accidentally overwrote a Word doc. I have autorecover set up, yet there are NO files in autorecover. Zip. Never have been in all the years I've used Word. I AM DESPERATE!When I try to go to and follow this path C:\Users\linda\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\ NOTHING shows...
  4. Recover Word 2007 Document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Word 2007

Word 2007: Yes, I know it's no longer supported, but I'm pretty sure that Microsoft have actively removed a facility that used to work, namely, encryption. I can no longer find the facility within Word. The only place I see it mentioned is in the Properties of the Word file, where it is...
  6. Word 2007 and Excel 2007 frozen. How to uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word 2007 and Excel 2007 frozen. How to uninstall: Both Word 2007 and Excel 2007 have frozen with the an error message "The parameter is incorrect." I cannot uninstall. Route was C:\Users\Wanda\appdata\roaming\microsoft\internetexplorer\quicklaunch\userpinned\taskbar\microsoftofficeword2007.Ink I tried every...
  7. Microsoft Office Word 2007

Microsoft Office Word 2007: My laptop runs Windows 10. I regularly get updates which then result in me losing access to my Word files. I usually uninstall them and can then use my documents as usual. I tried to uninstall the recent updates but cannot do this. Spoke to someone from Microsoft who said she...
  8. How to back up all mail and settings in Outlook 2007?

in Browsers and Email
    How to back up all mail and settings in Outlook 2007?: I'm migrating my system to Windows 10 Pro. I'm currently using Office Outlook 2007 for my emails and I'm curious what is the best way to transfer not only my mail but also all Outlook settings, accounts, layouts, etc. Is there a way to do it? Which registry keys or folders...
  9. Default Excel 2003 to open all files over 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Default Excel 2003 to open all files over 2007: Hey guys, First time posting here. I have Microsoft Office 2003 & 2007 installed on my laptop and using windows 10. Laptop came with 2007 but 99% of my excel use is for work and they use 2003. So rather than downgrade (seemed silly) I installed 2003 also. Everytime I...
  10. Word 2007 configuration

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2007 configuration: My OS is Windows 10 and my computer is an HP Lap Top series 15. I have MS Office2007 installed and all of a sudden when I open Word it wants to go through a reconfiguration process which takes about 45 seconds. It will do it every time. To try to repair I put in the Office CD...