Windows 10: how can a corrupt recyle bin's function be restored?

Discus and support how can a corrupt recyle bin's function be restored? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; recycle bin says this folder is empty, does not show deleted items how can function be restored?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by colleenhargett, Jul 13, 2019.

1. how can a corrupt recyle bin's function be restored?

recycle bin

says this folder is empty, does not show deleted items

how can function be restored?

:)

colleenhargett, Jul 13, 2019

2. Corrupted Recyle Bin

I downloaded Malwarebytes and after I ran it, my recycle bin became corrupted. Instead of just restoring everything, as I should have, when a prompt came to empty it, I clicked yes, because I "knew" there was nothing in there that I wanted to save. However, I keep getting a prompt about a file named policy.js.data, which it won't allow me to delete. I found an old thread, which told how to delete the recycle bin, but it tells me I have to have administrator permissions. Well, I have them, and it's not recognizing me as an administrator. What now?

ETA: There are two other files as well, but when I cancel the operation, the recycle bin shows as empty. Yet, if I reboot or click on the icon, I get the same message about corruption.

rosawoodsii, Jul 13, 2019
  3. SonuSaw1 Win User
    What does it mean recycle bin corrupt

While using win 10,

Every now and then the following message through diagol box is given as

"The Recyle Bin for drive D:/ is corrupted . Do you want to empty Recyle Bin for this drive."

This message appear for all the drives I have. Except drive which have Windows

SonuSaw1, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

how can a corrupt recyle bin's function be restored?

Brink, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

how can a corrupt recyle bin's function be restored?

1. how can a corrupt recyle bin's function be restored? - Similar Threads - corrupt recyle bin's

2. accidental empty recyle bin - recover document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidental empty recyle bin - recover document: can you recover a document that was deleted from the recycle bin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidental-empty-recyle-bin-recover-document/157641e0-a6e0-495d-85ce-6a1f445eb59f
  3. Recyle Bin Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recyle Bin Question: Since I've gone to win 10, when in the recycle bin, abd I click Empty Recy Bin, I still see the files in there. I close the Rec Bin, open it and all files are gone.is that how it should be working, seeing the files after I click Empty Bin?...
  4. Recyle Bin issues

Recyle Bin issues: I am only able to permanently delete items. I cannot move items to the Recycle Bin. I've tried to select the radio button "Custom size:..." and NOT select "Don't move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted." However, this does not work and all items...
  5. recyle bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    recyle bin: my recyle bin clears itself - can't find a setting to stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recyle/8da8a283-341c-49e8-b150-48fa7580feea
  6. reload recyling bin

reload recyling bin: reload recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reload-recyling/8e65ff81-13da-4a15-abcd-b12f7c877a75
  7. Help with Recyling Bin and External Hard-drive.

Help with Recyling Bin and External Hard-drive.: Dear Support Team, My exroommate out of spite before evicting him erased all of my pictures from my external harddrive from travels abroad. Can someone please help me undelete it? I happen to recover the: $Recycle.BIN folder; however, I cannot extract the information from...
  8. Recyle Bin

Recyle Bin: I am unable to pin by recycle bin to the start icons. I go to settings, personalization, themes, click on desktop icon settings, choose recycle bin, apply, ok. Does not show up. I cannot see my desktop anymore, just the one with the icons. Please help....
  9. Corrupted Recyle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Recyle Bin: I downloaded Malwarebytes and after I ran it, my recycle bin became corrupted. Instead of just restoring everything, as I should have, when a prompt came to empty it, I clicked yes, because I "knew" there was nothing in there that I wanted to save. However, I keep getting a...
  10. Can I Add Flash Drive To Recyle Bin?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Add Flash Drive To Recyle Bin?: Would it be possible to add a flash drive to my Recycle Bin? Found this utility (iBin) https://sourceforge.net/projects/ibin/ but was not sure if it works with Windows 10. Thanks in advance 110069