Windows 10: How can a generic Realtek Audio driver support Dolby Audio?

Discus and support How can a generic Realtek Audio driver support Dolby Audio? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC is Acer Predator Helios 300 (G3-572) and the manufacturer driver from 2017 includes Dolby Audio but it doesn't work in Windows 10, 1903. Updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RK1997, Oct 16, 2019.

1. RK1997 Win User

How can a generic Realtek Audio driver support Dolby Audio?

My PC is Acer Predator Helios 300 (G3-572) and the manufacturer driver from 2017 includes Dolby Audio but it doesn't work in Windows 10, 1903. Updating through Device manager gives the driver from late 2018 and Dolby Audio works in it. Out of curiosity, I installed the generic driver from the sticky post above and currently the driver version is 6.0.8791.1. I notice that the Dolby Audio app and SDK are somewhat new in version number. So, how does the Generic driver provide me with newer Dolby apps when Acer still can't provide new drivers?

:)

RK1997, Oct 16, 2019
  2. dvojinov Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

do you have asus board ? did you care to check my page ?

all right I checkd your specifications your mobo and audio setup is :

• Realtek ALC889 codec
    • High Definition Audio
    • 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
    • Support for Dolby® Home Theater
    • Support for S/PDIF Out
    That doesn't necessary mean Dolby Digital Live ..if by any chance you have Dolby Digital Live and want to go with it you should use your manufacturers drives , however if this DHT is one of the Software solutions DAX 1 , 2 or whatever and you dont have DOlby Digital Live 5.1 surround to select that means only native DOLBY and DTS are sported as pass-through once such contest is detected but you wont gain all time 5.1 as you miss Dolby Digital LIve or DTS Interactive (gaming , music videos that are not Dolby or DTS ) in this case check my page :

SimpleSite.com

read the instructions carefully EXPLORE THE PAGE and follow them step by step and it may be that you end up with full DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live on your board , as it is GIABYTE you have great chances ..ASUS unfortunately has issues with DTS interactive ongoing more then 6 months now and I start to believe that ASUS lost DTS Interactive licence and is drooped out of the game or they have issue that they are not aware off .

dvojinov, Oct 16, 2019
  3. R Kumar11 Win User
    Dolby Audio not working in windows 10

Hello,

After resetting windows dolby audio not working but it's installed in there I updated all the drivers, uninstalled the audio driver and installed again but it won't working. It's in the list of installed program but when I search in the windows there is
    no dolby audio in system. I even visited manufacturer website and downloaded the latest audio deriver (Realtek audio according to my laptop model) but it not working. Any suggestion other than resetting windows?

R Kumar11, Oct 16, 2019
  4. How can a generic Realtek Audio driver support Dolby Audio?

Dolby Advanced Audio and Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio

Hi Polaris,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are able to use the Dolby Digital plus Advanced Audio and not able to use the Dolby Advanced Audio.

As you get the error “Unable to start the Dolby Audio Driver. Restart the computer or reinstall the driver”, this error might occur if the driver is not installed properly or it is not up to date. I suggest you install the
    Dolby audio drivers. Refer to the following article to update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

As the both Dolby Digital plus Advanced Audio and Dolby Advanced Audio are listed under the programs and features, you may uninstall the Dolby Advanced Audio through Programs and features.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Programs and features.

• Right click on the Dolby Advanced Audio and click on
      Uninstall.

• Click on OK if any window prompts.
    After uninstalling the Dolby Advanced Audio, you may reinstall it again through the setup file (If you have) or from the Dolby support.
    I suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    Santosh_Rai on October 15, 2015 in the below thread and check if it helps you to install the
    Dolby Advanced Audio drivers.

Dolby Advanced Audio v2 Error (Windows 10)

Note:
    Please be informed that it is your wish to use the both “Dolby Advanced Audio” and “Dolby Digital plus Advanced Audio” or any one of the audio as per your requirement.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

How can a generic Realtek Audio driver support Dolby Audio?

1. How can a generic Realtek Audio driver support Dolby Audio? - Similar Threads - generic Realtek Audio

2. Generic audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic audio driver: Hi, there, I’m having problem with my laptop. I have generic audio driver as one of my problem. I don’t how what cause it or have to fix the problem. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/c2b092a8-c72b-46af-91d6-4e92cb4d69a1
  3. Generic audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic audio driver: Hi, there, I’m having problem with my laptop. I have generic audio driver as one of my problem. I don’t how what cause it or have to fix the problem. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/c2b092a8-c72b-46af-91d6-4e92cb4d69a1
  4. generic audio driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    generic audio driver: generic audio driver hi my sound of laptop have problem and its error is generic audio driver .how to i can solv it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/f66988d3-39c7-4ceb-9394-8c790936d1b3
  5. Dolby Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Audio Driver: I recently updated my computer and when I finished I noticed that something was off. I then realized that the Dolby Audio Driver for my computer was gone and I tried going to the manufacturers website to get it back but it wasn't there. Can you please help me get it back?...
  6. Generic Audio Driver

Generic Audio Driver: ive tried to uninstall my audio and reinstall drivers i have even factory reset my pc but every time i trouble shoot my sound it says problem found generic audio driver...
  7. generic audio driver

generic audio driver: how do i fix this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/73a3d74d-c8f7-4b7c-8527-d2ab9d45ba1f
  8. generic audio driver

generic audio driver: How do i fix the generic audio driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/1b754d9a-46e6-425b-9bf2-2178c8b33e71
  9. generic audio driver.

generic audio driver.: Hi I have problem with my windows 10 that i can not hear the sound form my tv when i connection my laptop with my tv. ant the troubleshoot sound problem tell me that i have a problem is it generic audio driver. I updated Windows and checked all the updates as you cleared...
  10. Generic audio driver VS Realtek driver

Generic audio driver VS Realtek driver: Hi Windows 10, integrated audio chipset on Realtek ALC887 motherboard. Do you think there may be qualitative differences in sound output between using generic Windows drivers compared to specific Realtek? At the time. With fresh installation windows, audio has been...