Windows 10: How can a NFC reader connected to Windows 10, confirm if FIDO/FIDO2 transactions between...

Discus and support How can a NFC reader connected to Windows 10, confirm if FIDO/FIDO2 transactions between... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I am embedded software engineer. I am working on developingNFC reader firmware for one of our customer that would communicate with... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by yo_dp, Feb 15, 2021.

1. yo_dp Win User

How can a NFC reader connected to Windows 10, confirm if FIDO/FIDO2 transactions between...

Hello,

I am embedded software engineer. I am working on developingNFC reader firmware for one of our customer that would communicate with theirwindows 10 application software over CCID protocol.

The reader shall be capable of reading FIDO/FIDO2 NFCsecurity keys to give register / give access login into their applicationcustomer and other things.

I need some techincal assistance in the development ofreader firmware.

With our development, our reader is capable of successfullyprocessing a NFC security key Example for registering and logging intomicrosoft account on windows 10 via any browser MS Edge/ Chrome etc.

Reader communicates to host windows 10 pc via CCID.

However, i want to add an alert on the reader like led/beeper for user .. which confirms where FIDO/FIDO2 authentication /registration process is on going or completed and if they succeeded or failed,so that user can know when to remove the key from reader.

How can i do that ? Can windows be able to send any status update on FIDO/FIDO2 transactions to connected NFC reader via CCID ?

Since our reader is just like atransporter for sending encrypted commands between Client and Authenticator,our reader firmware doesnt know if FIDO/FIDO2 transactions have been started orit has been finished resulting in success or failure.

Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

yo_dp, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

W3C & FIDO Alliance Finalize Web Standard Secure, Passwordless Logins

Source: https://www.w3.org/2019/03/pressrele...hn-rec.html.en

Brink, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    W3C & FIDO Alliance Finalize Web Standard Secure, Passwordless Logins

Source: https://www.w3.org/2019/03/pressrele...hn-rec.html.en

Brink, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Monstieur Win User

How can a NFC reader connected to Windows 10, confirm if FIDO/FIDO2 transactions between...

How to list / delete FIDO2 Resident Key credentials from Windows Hello

When using Windows Hello to register with a WebAuthn-enabled website, the credential type can be set to "Resident Key", such as with a Microsoft Account (or on Anmelden – Google Konten by
    editing the settings in the menu). Resident credentials are stored on the device (Windows Hello TPM / Software device, or a FIDO2 security key).

On a YubiKey 5Ci you can list / delete these credentials from the CLI with the commands ykman fido list / delete. How do I do this for Windows Hello?

Monstieur, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

1. How can a NFC reader connected to Windows 10, confirm if FIDO/FIDO2 transactions between... - Similar Threads - NFC reader connected

2. How can I get a refund from unauthorised transaction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get a refund from unauthorised transaction: I Have been charged 139 for yearly subscription I did not authorise.I can not cancelled it because it doesn't appear on my account. Can someone explain how did you get my card deatails and why did not receive any email with invoice for that subscription and any confirmation...
  3. Windows Login NFC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Login NFC: Hi,Could you please help me out with this technical question from my named partner. The situation is as follows:Partner is working on a project in which it is required to login a user without put a password on system, based on “token”. They have seen that Windows 11 can do...
  4. Windows Login NFC

Windows Login NFC: Hi,Could you please help me out with this technical question from my named partner. The situation is as follows:Partner is working on a project in which it is required to login a user without put a password on system, based on “token”. They have seen that Windows 11 can do...
  5. How to Delete Fido2 Platform Authenticators?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Delete Fido2 Platform Authenticators?: HelloI am working with Fido2 Authenticators on my Win11 system that has a TPM. I have enrolled many test users with a Fido2 Platform Authenticator. The problem is how to delete these off the client without a re-install of windows?...
  6. How to Delete Fido2 Platform Authenticators?

How to Delete Fido2 Platform Authenticators?: HelloI am working with Fido2 Authenticators on my Win11 system that has a TPM. I have enrolled many test users with a Fido2 Platform Authenticator. The problem is how to delete these off the client without a re-install of windows?...
  7. The driver for ACR1252U USB NFC Reader does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The driver for ACR1252U USB NFC Reader does not work anymore: Hi.After quite a long time of having the drivers installed OK and the Smart card device properly listed in the Device manager, yesterday all of a sudden they were not there anymore. We are doing some software development work for this scanner which is hard and confusing in...
  8. What software to use as NFC Reader-Writer with ACS ACR122U USB?

What software to use as NFC Reader-Writer with ACS ACR122U USB?: I got the NFC Reader Writer ACS ACR122U USB. For this I would like to have a software with which I can read NFC tokens and also transfer to another empty token. I have some e.g. NFC 21 tools tried that did not work. Before fu** up with drivers completely I would like to ask...
  9. NFC technology

NFC technology: Hello! I work for an IT company and we just got a new client, we are trying to find a fast painless login for a doctor, we are looking into the NFC technology so he can just "boop" right into his computer, I have done some research and we are excited to use this technology...
  10. NFC LOG ON

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NFC LOG ON: Hi, How to set up NFC log on in windows 10 ? , pls advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/nfc-log-on/580fabb8-263e-4e35-a65b-82d4ecae9066"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fido nfc key acs acr122u