Windows 10: How can a parent view remaining time on a child's account?

Discus and support How can a parent view remaining time on a child's account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How can I see remaining use time for a child's account? I have set up parental controls for a child's computer. I know how to change allowed time,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mousomer, Nov 19, 2020.

1. mousomer Win User

How can a parent view remaining time on a child's account?

How can I see remaining use time for a child's account?

I have set up parental controls for a child's computer. I know how to change allowed time, and how to set up allowed hours.
    How do I see how much time the child has remaining at a given moment?

:)

mousomer, Nov 19, 2020
  2. TomBrad95 Win User

add parent to exisitng child account

If you are talking about my family then you don't add the parent to the child account you add the child to the parent account. First go to windowsphone.com and sign in using the parent account, then in the top right corner click my family, there should
    then be steps on how to activate my family and how to add the children.

TomBrad95, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Marrion_Y Win User
    Child Account

Hi Izzy1412,

Thank you for the response.

We truly understand the urgency here. Here in the forums, we're unable to call you. We highly suggest you Contact
    Support
    for further assistance.

What we can do here is provide the online support pages that helps you out with the steps needed to resolve issues and provide insight on different types of accounts.

Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts will
    provide you information how a parent and child accounts are created.

If you're being asked for parental consent, the birthdate on your account indicates that you're underage. You mentioned you are 17, which means you're underage and the account is considered a child type. To resolve this,
    please have the parent account assigned to your account provide consent. Only the parent account can do this.

This is in compliance with regulations that require parental consent:

• Child Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) – United States
    • General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – European Union
    • Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) – South Korea

If this answer your question, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to
    update us so we can further assist you.

Kind Regards,

Marrion Y.

Marrion_Y, Nov 19, 2020
  4. How can a parent view remaining time on a child's account?

Remaining Time in Family Safety

The parent can view it if the child informs them of the remaining 15 minutes, as what Leonard mentioned in his post. The child will see a notification pop-up on the lower right hand corner of their screen. It informs them of the remaining 15 minutes of
    the allotted time in using the computer.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

How can a parent view remaining time on a child's account?

1. How can a parent view remaining time on a child's account? - Similar Threads - parent view remaining

2. How can the parents get control of the child's xbox account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can the parents get control of the child's xbox account?: Our son's gaming habits are out of control and ruining his future. We as parents would like to put some limits as to the hours when he can play. We cannot put his account as a child under family since we do not know his xbox account password which he is not disclosing to us....
  3. How can the parents get control of the child's xbox account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can the parents get control of the child's xbox account?: Our son's gaming habits are out of control and ruining his future. We as parents would like to put some limits as to the hours when he can play. We cannot put his account as a child under family since we do not know his xbox account password which he is not disclosing to us....
  4. How can the parents get control of the child's xbox account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I replace a parent account with a child account

How do I replace a parent account with a child account: How can I replace my parent account with my child, both accounts are mine and over 21, I just need to delete the parent account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-replace-a-parent-account-with-a-child/9d241022-a97b-4497-850b-ff9b8959affe
  6. With Microsoft Family, how can a child view their remaining screentime?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With Microsoft Family, how can a child view their remaining screentime?: My child wants to be able to plan ahead in using their allotted screen time set using Microsoft Family. Is there a way they can view the remaining screen time on their device? It would be great if they could see a countdown timer. Thanks...
  7. With Microsoft Family, how can a child view their remaining screentime?

With Microsoft Family, how can a child view their remaining screentime?: My child wants to be able to plan ahead in using their allotted screen time set using Microsoft Family. Is there a way they can view the remaining screen time on their device? It would be great if they could see a countdown timer. Thanks...
  8. Is there a way to view remaining screen time?

Is there a way to view remaining screen time?: My child has recently started using the family features of windows, and we have one question. Is there a way to check how much screen time is left, so we can plan around it?...
  9. My account seems to be a parent and child account both at the same time. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My account seems to be a parent and child account both at the same time. How can I fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/F-M-B-R [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jv6pof/my_account_seems_to_be_a_parent_and_child_account/
  10. Though screen time is added child account remains loacked

Though screen time is added child account remains loacked: So I have applied child restriction on my younger sister's account. I initially applied them for 8 hrs a day but the laptop locked her out within those 8 hrs. So then I changed the time from 8hrs to 23 hrs a day and yet she is not able to log in her account. She has to attend...