Windows 10: How can a work pc and a personal pc synchronize desktops unintentionally?

Discus and support How can a work pc and a personal pc synchronize desktops unintentionally? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi One of my colleagues just popped a question to me that I can't really answer. He has a personal pc at home as well as a work pc for work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CasperWandahl-Liper, Aug 16, 2019.

1. How can a work pc and a personal pc synchronize desktops unintentionally?

Hi

One of my colleagues just popped a question to me that I can't really answer. He has a personal pc at home as well as a work pc for work (obviously). The work pc is used with his work account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** while the personal pc has a completely different username (and domain). The work pc is connected to our domain.

Yesterday he brought the work pc home to do some work, but then he noticed that icons/files from his personal pc suddenly showed up on the desktop on his work pc. Checking the personal pc, work-related files showed up there as well. It's like the two are synchronized. This is absolutely not intentional!

We have checked settings->accounts->sync your settings. The first one is disabled. Theme, password etc. is enabled. There is no account details in the top though.

How is this possible? And how to stop it?

:)

CasperWandahl-Liper, Aug 16, 2019

2. Synchronizing with a PC

I tried all the troubleshooting for Synchronization Issues with Microsoft Outlook for error 85010014. Nothing is working. I am missing something here. I can't get my outlook to synchronize with my Pocket PC (AT&T 8525). Please send me some more suggestions
    to try.

ngbmcdonnell, Aug 16, 2019
  3. HHAdrien Win User
    Bookmarks linked - personal PC an work PC

Hi,

To your two questions :

• Are both computers on your server?
    • Are both using Win10 and IE?
    The answer is no. Win10 is on personal PC, Win7 on work one.

HHAdrien, Aug 16, 2019
  4. petrib Win User

How can a work pc and a personal pc synchronize desktops unintentionally?

PC Suite - Synchronizing Groups?

PC Suite doesn't synchronize groups, distribution lists, categories.

petrib, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

How can a work pc and a personal pc synchronize desktops unintentionally?

1. How can a work pc and a personal pc synchronize desktops unintentionally? - Similar Threads - personal synchronize desktops

2. Setting a different desktop for each person that uses a pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting a different desktop for each person that uses a pc: I have built my son his own PC and I created him a login for himself and one for me to administrate the pc and I want to set different desktops for both. I can't seem to figure out how to add an icon to my desktop without it also being added under his login. Any ideas? This...
  3. Setting a different desktop for each person that uses a pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting a different desktop for each person that uses a pc: I have built my son his own PC and I created him a login for himself and one for me to administrate the pc and I want to set different desktops for both. I can't seem to figure out how to add an icon to my desktop without it also being added under his login. Any ideas? This...
  4. Setting a different desktop for each person that uses a pc

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Trying to connect personal PC with work account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to connect personal PC with work account: With all thats happening I'm trying to setup my work resources on my home pc. Everytime I try it give me a error message, along the lines of server can not find file....
  6. Personal Vault and synchronizing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Personal Vault and synchronizing: Up front: I have not yet been using Personal Vault. Before even starting to use it, I wonder whether synchronizing between multiple Windows installs, like multiple PC's or multiple VM's) will slow it down. In their article "OneDrive Personal Vault and expandable storage now...
  7. OneDrive - not synchronizing with PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - not synchronizing with PC: From a local Win 10 ver 1903 build 18362.387 and a Win 10 ver 1903 build 18990.1 cannot save changes to documents error code, file is in use by another user. This is happening for hundreds of documents. I am the only user. I cannot make and save changes from the PC....
  8. How to synchronize without synchronizing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to synchronize without synchronizing?: Hello All, I have a folder on a network drive and I want to have that folder and contents accessible on a local drive via a folder, but I do not want to synchronize the files. Rather, I want to have a "faux folder" in the local drive which, when opened, shows all of the...
  9. How to synchronize without synchronizing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to synchronize without synchronizing?: Hello All, I have a folder on a network drive and I want to have that folder and contents accessible on a local drive via a folder, but I do not want to synchronize the files. Rather, I want to have a "faux folder" in the local drive which, when opened, shows all of the...
  10. Questions - Backup strategies for a personal home desktop PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Questions - Backup strategies for a personal home desktop PC: Well I'm cruising along with my three week old inexpensive HP Pavilion desktop. They waste so much metal to encase a couple of innards, a little motherboard, a 1TB drive and a silly low output power supply. The rest is air. Hope these things are mostly getting recycled when...