Windows 10: How can apps be added to the "Share" context menu?

Discus and support How can apps be added to the "Share" context menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I really don't understand some of the quirks that Windows 10, store apps, etc have introduced. This is a big one. It seems like the only way to share... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Durham Bell, Feb 29, 2020.

1. How can apps be added to the "Share" context menu?

I really don't understand some of the quirks that Windows 10, store apps, etc have introduced. This is a big one. It seems like the only way to share anything pictures etc from within the file Explorer is to

1. Have the "store version" of the app installed.
    2. Perform some sort of black magic ritual, dancing naked under a full moon bathed in the blood of Pokémon.

How can apps be added to the "Share" context menu? [​IMG]

Seriously except for #2, I can share to Instagram, I could share to Facebook before I deleted it's really really bad app, I can send it to "Mail" again, not a fan, or OneNote—but that's about all I can dofrom the context menu. I can't even send a photo to Word or Outlook, which seems like a no-brainer. Can I go stomp around in the registry and make it share stuff to other apps? I tried to root that possibility out with Process Explorer, but didn't have much luck.

This is what the share menu is meant to do, so why can't it do that? My Android phone has about 5,042 apps it can share things to, some of them in several different ways, yet Windows 10 seems unable to figure it out?

:)

Durham Bell, Feb 29, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown How can apps be added to the "Share" context menu? :(

ArmoredCavalry, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Necrofire Win User

How can apps be added to the "Share" context menu?

CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

How can apps be added to the "Share" context menu? ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

How can apps be added to the "Share" context menu? ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile How can apps be added to the "Share" context menu? :)

Necrofire, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

How can apps be added to the "Share" context menu?

1. How can apps be added to the "Share" context menu? - Similar Threads - apps added Share

2. Adding NEW file types to context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding NEW file types to context menu: Hello, I would like to add file type .FC7 to my right click (context) NEW menu so I can open a new FastCad drawing in any folder. I found one link that showed how to do this, but it did not work for me. Basically it added a key under the HK_CLASSES_ROOT tree, adding a...
  3. Adding items to the New context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  4. Adding items to the New context menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  5. Adding an item to the new context menu.

Adding an item to the new context menu.: I am looking for a way to add a new item to the new context menu. The item in question is a .php file, with an associated template file. I've been tinkering around with the registry trying to get it to work, but nothing seems to be working. All the old methods no longer...
  6. how can rearrange context menu commands

how can rearrange context menu commands: Hi, how can i move cut copy to the upper of context menu I use zoomed desktop layout 150% and also I use to many apps which occupy many places in context menu, I have to scroll down context menu to see cut copy options also there might be other commands I don't need how...
  7. App Mode in Context Menu....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Mode in Context Menu....: Windows 10 1809 i added the App Mode in Conext Menu to toggle light and dark... it is not working, always worked in the past, windows explorer has to be terminated for it to work so i think where its pointing to is incorrect.... 121890
  8. Adding excel in new context menu

Adding excel in new context menu: Hi, I'm trying to add excel program in the "new" context menu. [img] I went to regedit (ShellNew) : [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT]; .xlsx [img] I added "NullFile" key and put it to '1' as proposed in several procedures on the net. I restarted my computer...
  9. Can "Search Everywhere" be added to the desktop context menu?

Can "Search Everywhere" be added to the desktop context menu?: Greetings, I'd like to first express my utmost gratitude for the knowledge and guidance that is provided here. Perhaps it goes without saying that I use Windows 10, I would love to add the "Search Everywhere" command to the desktop context menu. Is it possible? 37117
  10. Homegroup missing from Share With context menu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup missing from Share With context menu.: I have upgraded to Win 10 Pro and joined my Homegroup. When I right click a folder and choose Share With from the context menu the only option is Advanced Sharing. What must I do to be able to share a folder with the Homegroup? Thanks. 21634