Windows 10: How can automatic capitalization be disabled in the Mail app for Windows 11?

Discus and support How can automatic capitalization be disabled in the Mail app for Windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When using the Mail app for Windows 11, I don't want the first letter typed to be capitalized automatically. How can that feature be turned off?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sarlaw, Dec 1, 2022.

1. sarlaw Win User

How can automatic capitalization be disabled in the Mail app for Windows 11?

When using the Mail app for Windows 11, I don't want the first letter typed to be capitalized automatically. How can that feature be turned off?

:)

sarlaw, Dec 1, 2022

2. Windows 10 mail app - how to disable auto capitalization

Hello,

We understand that you would like to turn off auto capitalize in Mail app.

I would like to let you know that Mail app is designed to work in this way. However, you can provide your feedback on this issue to help us make changes in the future.

You can provide feedback by following these steps:

1. Open Mail app and click on settings.

2. Open Feedback to post your suggestions.

Hope this will help you. Post us back if you need assistance with Windows. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 1, 2022
  3. TLarkuin Win User
    Windows 10 mail app - how to disable auto capitalization

First off, I've turned off auto capitalization in system settings.

Secondly, there is no "Option" settings for the internal mail app (as I've seen suggested in other posts).

So how do you turn off auto-capitalization for the mail app since it's obviously not looking at system settings.

It's soooooo very annoying and makes using Mail very time consuming. Yes, I could load another app, but would like not to fill my limited disk space (ASUS tablet) with redundant apps unless I have to.

Thanks.

TLarkuin, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How can automatic capitalization be disabled in the Mail app for Windows 11? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

1. How can automatic capitalization be disabled in the Mail app for Windows 11? - Similar Threads - automatic capitalization disabled

2. How to disable Windows 11 automatic reboots?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Windows 11 automatic reboots?: Hi,I have browsed this forum but found so far no real solution:It has happened to my now several times that I was running tasks over extended periods of time only to come back to my PC the next morning to find Windows 11 had done an automatic reboot! So not only the tasks...
  3. Random words in Windows 11 Mail get capitalized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random words in Windows 11 Mail get capitalized: I'm experiencing seemingly random capitalization of words in Mail. I'm on Windows 11 pro. It doesn't matter if I switch off auto correct, change languages or hide proofing marks. I've tried repairing, resetting and uninstalling Mail. It does not work. Online versions of my...
  4. Random words in Windows 11 Mail get capitalized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random words in Windows 11 Mail get capitalized: I'm experiencing seemingly random capitalization of words in Mail. I'm on Windows 11 pro. It doesn't matter if I switch off auto correct, change languages or hide proofing marks. I've tried repairing, resetting and uninstalling Mail. It does not work. Online versions of my...
  5. How can automatic capitalization be disabled in the Mail app for Windows 11?

How can automatic capitalization be disabled in the Mail app for Windows 11?: When using the Mail app for Windows 11, I don't want the first letter typed to be capitalized automatically. How can that feature be turned off?...
  6. How can I disable automatic startup of the Surface app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable automatic startup of the Surface app?: My Surface Laptop Studio came shipped with the Surface app. It helped me set up my Surface peripherals like the Surface Slim Pen. Great stuff.What's bugging me, is the fact that after some update, this app seems to start automatically. It shows that I have a Windows update to...
  7. How can I disable automatic startup of the Surface app?

How can I disable automatic startup of the Surface app?: My Surface Laptop Studio came shipped with the Surface app. It helped me set up my Surface peripherals like the Surface Slim Pen. Great stuff.What's bugging me, is the fact that after some update, this app seems to start automatically. It shows that I have a Windows update to...
  8. How to disable autocorrect in the Mail app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable autocorrect in the Mail app?: Hi If you know the magic recipe, please share it and I will eternally thank you. I have tried the very obvious: checking for a setting in the app. I found none. They are organized horribly, but still, no setting on this matter. I tried looking for one in the pseudo-ribbon...
  9. How can I disable the Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable the Mail app: I want to be able to send web links to people from my browser as I've done for years in Windows 7. You click on File>Email link in the browser. Outlook offers a new email with the subject line taken from the web page and the link in it. Unfortunately, now that I have a...
  10. Windows 10 mail app - how to disable auto capitalization - still unsolved after 3 years

Windows 10 mail app - how to disable auto capitalization - still unsolved after 3 years: Looking at several posts since 2015 (!) about the issue with auto capitalization using the Win 10 Mail App, I note with regret that Microsoft seems to disregard completely the users feedback about this real annoyance. Some moron decided that each time you press 'enter'...