Windows 10: How can change the hidden original user folder name in C ?

Discus and support How can change the hidden original user folder name in C ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello When i reset my Dell laptop it requires a Microsoft account after the reset and then the user folder name in C is named after the 5 characters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AbdoMAD, Feb 13, 2020.

1. AbdoMAD Win User

How can change the hidden original user folder name in C ?

Hello

When i reset my Dell laptop it requires a Microsoft account after the reset and then the user folder name in C is named after the 5 characters of the email address

Can i rename it or give it another name from the beginning??

:)

AbdoMAD, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Feb 13, 2020
  3. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Martmcd Win User

How to change the name of the user

You cant reply to the automated email, it is just notifying you that a thread has a response.

going back to your original post.

when you create a new user, windows creates folders under the c:\Users directory with the account name (ie Geoff) if you rename the user, although the new name is shown on login etc the directory names don't change.

the easiest way to get rid of Geoff is to -

• change the username to something else (or back to Geoff)
    • create a new user with your name
    • copy all your documents, photos, videos etc. from Geoff to your new user
    • delete the Geoff user account and remove folders etc.
    this can all be done in user accounts as suggested by Ruth

Martmcd, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. How can change the hidden original user folder name in C ? - Similar Threads - change hidden original

2. How to change the user's name under C:\Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the user's name under C:\Users folder: Hi,I recently reset my windows laptop, and after I made a local account, I think I might've accidentally made a typo. My user name Not in the lock/login screen but under the C:\Users folder was supposed to be called Splash, but instead it shows splas. I tried to rename the...
  3. How to change the user's name under C:\Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the user's name under C:\Users folder: Hi,I recently reset my windows laptop, and after I made a local account, I think I might've accidentally made a typo. My user name Not in the lock/login screen but under the C:\Users folder was supposed to be called Splash, but instead it shows splas. I tried to rename the...
  4. How to change the user's name under C:\Users folder

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change User Folder Name MYNAME in C;/Users ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change User Folder Name MYNAME in C;/Users ?: Hi,I would like to update the user folder name.Please Guide ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-user-folder-name-myname-in-cusers/32ef3ffc-16a4-4785-b7ea-b6c5deac65bc
  6. How to change User Folder Name MYNAME in C;/Users ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change User Folder Name MYNAME in C;/Users ?: Hi,I would like to update the user folder name.Please Guide ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-user-folder-name-myname-in-cusers/32ef3ffc-16a4-4785-b7ea-b6c5deac65bc
  7. How can I change C:\User name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change C:\User name?: I would like to remove the user name added since my last hard drive crash. I have installed new HD and installed win10pro. Since then I have two Users, Public and tantr? I want to change the tantr account back to my original account and computer name?...
  8. How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder?: How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-folder-names-in-c-drive-users/e81a57f3-22c0-4123-975f-c73aedacd8a6
  9. How can I change "C:\Users\vikto" folder name?

How can I change "C:\Users\vikto" folder name?: Hi. I want to change the C:\Users\vikto folder name to C:\Users\viktor, it is missing 1 letter and it annoys me. I tried changing it from Registry Editor but then I could not log in into my account. Is there any correct way of doing this? Thanks in advance!...
  10. Name in C:\Users folder is lowercase. Can I change this?

Name in C:\Users folder is lowercase. Can I change this?: I just activated Windows 10 Home using my Microsoft account, and I noticed my user folder on the computer is lowercase. So, if my real name is Benny, and my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, Windows automatically creates the folder C:\Users\benny. I...