Windows 10: How can cmd script check for powershell environment?

Discus and support How can cmd script check for powershell environment? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can execute script abc.cmd in either a command prompt or powershell environment/window. Can it determine the environment in which it runs?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fatkatie, Dec 24, 2018.

1. fatkatie Win User

How can cmd script check for powershell environment?

I can execute script abc.cmd in either a command prompt or powershell environment/window.

Can it determine the environment in which it runs?

Powershell 5, W10Pro64, 1803

Thank you and a Merry Christmas.

:)

fatkatie, Dec 24, 2018

2. How to automatically (cmd/powershell script) unpin all apps in start

i followed this & got everything off but whats shown in the picture below. could you help with a script that would remove the listed tiles & set a default wallpaper?

How can cmd script check for powershell environment? [​IMG]

irrefutable14, Dec 24, 2018
  3. CMD and PowerShell

Hi Andre,

I did all items you listed.

After reboot, running CMD and powershell (admin) had the same result ("no app associated"). So I turned the feature off in taskbar settings.

Regards,

Danker

dschaareman, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Mystere Win User

cmd vs powershell

If you don't know why you would use powershell vs cmd, then you probably only need cmd. However, there may be times (especially if you're following a tutorial on here) where they will give you commands that are powershell commands.

There are many subsystems in Windows that have Powershell interfaces for command scripting. So you have to issue commands from Powershell for these.

As an aside, you can enter most cmd commands in powershell and they'll work just fine. For a lot of people you can use them interchangeably.

Mystere, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

1. How can cmd script check for powershell environment? - Similar Threads - cmd script check

2. How to check Last Password Change in CMD or PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    How to check Last Password Change in CMD or PowerShell: [IMG]Knowing when you changed your Windows password is helpful. Maybe, you have a habit of changing your password occasionally to keep your PC secure. Or maybe your PC is used by multiple users, and you are worried that someone has changed the password. The reasons could be...
  3. how to connect to Wi-Fi with cmd/powershell script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to connect to Wi-Fi with cmd/powershell script: i'm trying to create command to connect to my Wi-Fi via automation script, however my Wi-Fi demand user name and password to connectWindows Security Login pop up when connecting to wireless NetworkI tried to Add a new wireless profile to the system: netsh wlan add profile...
  4. how to connect to Wi-Fi with cmd/powershell script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to connect to Wi-Fi with cmd/powershell script: i'm trying to create command to connect to my Wi-Fi via automation script, however my Wi-Fi demand user name and password to connectWindows Security Login pop up when connecting to wireless NetworkI tried to Add a new wireless profile to the system: netsh wlan add profile...
  5. How to make a PowerShell script run on System Startup in the OOBE Sysprep environment.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make a PowerShell script run on System Startup in the OOBE Sysprep environment.: Thanks for stopping by, I've searched the corners of the internet but haven't gotten anywhere. To provision devices for my organization, we must manually run PowerShell commands using SHIFT + F10 in the Windows 11 OOBE as we have multiple methods, one of which being legacy....
  6. How to make a PowerShell script run on System Startup in the OOBE Sysprep environment.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make a PowerShell script run on System Startup in the OOBE Sysprep environment.: Thanks for stopping by, I've searched the corners of the internet but haven't gotten anywhere. To provision devices for my organization, we must manually run PowerShell commands using SHIFT + F10 in the Windows 11 OOBE as we have multiple methods, one of which being legacy....
  7. PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell script: The code below tests a series of IPs in a txt file.The result is as follows and is written in a txt file. 19.191.12.161 - online 19.191.12.162 - offline 19.191.12.163 - offline 19.191.12.164 - offline 19.191.12.165 - offline also see the scrennshot Code: $Output= @()$GetIP =...
  8. powershell script

in Windows 10 Customization
    powershell script: looking for a script to monitor for a folder, if there is a file in that folder send it as an email, once the email is sent out, confirm and then move the files to an archive folder. monitor c:\test\*.pdf No files, do not send email. Yes Files, send an email to someone at...
  9. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...
  10. How to automatically (cmd/powershell script) unpin all apps in start

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to automatically (cmd/powershell script) unpin all apps in start: Hi. I would like to automatize cleaning the Windows 10's start menu from all these default pinned apps that I'm not using. I don't want to remove apps, only unpin from from start. I tried to google help, but didn't find any. There seems to be no command to pin and unpin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check if I am in Cmd or powershell