Windows 10: How can disable bing from popping up at start up?

Discus and support How can disable bing from popping up at start up? in Cortana to solve the problem; I have an up to date windows 10 on an up to date desktop PC Bing is a blight every time I start my PC I never asked for it and never wanted it... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MartinDaniels2, Jan 30, 2020.

1. How can disable bing from popping up at start up?

I have an up to date windows 10 on an up to date desktop PC

Bing is a blight every time I start my PC

I never asked for it and never wanted it

Windows central https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-bing-search-windows-10-start-menu offers easy steps. But I can't get beyond step 2

Step 1 Start

Step 2 search for Cortana

Step 3 Click on Cortana & Search. No can do. It's not listed as any of the Cortana options.

So the remaining steps 4 and 5 are just hopeless dreams.

4 Click the switch beneath Cortana can give you suggestions, reminders, alerts, and more at the top of the menu so that it turns off.

5 Click the switch beneath Search online and include web results so that it turns off

So near and yet so far!

Is Windows Central anything to do with Microsoft or just some well-meaning people who are trying to be helpful?

Do I have to find an independent PC consultant and spend £50-100 just to try to get rid of this damn nuisance that I never asked for?

Thanks for reading this

Mega thanks if you can help

Martin

:)

MartinDaniels2, Jan 30, 2020

2. Disable BING as default search engine

How do I disable BING from my browser? It pops up on start-up as the default search engine.

It's so frustrating. I've gone into menu setting to change, tried the Cortana search settings fix, and it still defaults back to Bing.

Have searched the internet over the months tried different solutions. Noticed many users also experiencing the same issue. Asking the same question. Some suggested solutions that were so technical and complicated, I gave up.

So now I'm here. Can someone give me a quick, easy fix to disable Bing? It can't be that hard or difficult, surely. How can disable bing from popping up at start up? :eek:)

SandraLWhite, Jan 30, 2020
  3. bing

Here is the way Bing bar is removed from IE:

Remove Bing Bar toolbar from Internet Explorer
    To remove Bing Bar toolbar from IE browser, perform these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer by clicking its icon on the desktop or the taskbar
    • Click Tools, located on the right-hand side, and then click Manage Add-ons
    • Browse through the options in the right pane to locate Bing Bar
    • Select Bing Bar by clicking it, and then click the Disable button at the bottom of the window
    • Select the box before Bing Bar BHO under the heading Bing Bar in the Disable Add-on window
    • Click the Disable button

Jmarco0921, Jan 30, 2020
  4. How can disable bing from popping up at start up?

how to remove bing

Hi NCA666,

My name is Roger W, an independent advisor trying to help. Let's try with the following suggestions, please:

Step 1:

Steps for removing Bing from search bar:

1. In Search type “Cortana & Search Settings” and hit enter.

2. You will have to find “Search online and include web results” feature and toggle the switch to disable it.

Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.

3. Reboot the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.

Step 2:

Steps for removing Bing from the Browser.

Open Internet Explorer and click on the Gear icon.

Click on the ‘Manage add-ons’ option.

Click on ‘Search Providers’ which is on left pane.

Right click on ‘Bing’ where is listed under the ‘Name:’ column.

Click on ‘Remove’ from the drop-down menu.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

RogerWaltes98, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

How can disable bing from popping up at start up?

1. How can disable bing from popping up at start up? - Similar Threads - disable bing popping

2. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 version 22H2 with Microsoft Edge, at start up before I open Edge or Outlook I get this annoying pop up about 50% of the time. Are you able to advise me how to stop this permanently? I have tried a few of the suggestions from these pages without any...
  3. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 version 22H2 with Microsoft Edge, at start up before I open Edge or Outlook I get this annoying pop up about 50% of the time. Are you able to advise me how to stop this permanently? I have tried a few of the suggestions from these pages without any...
  4. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pop-ups at start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Pop-ups at start up: I have 2 irritating pop-ups when I start Windows 10 Pro, Ver 20H, OS 19042.985, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0. 1. Windows incorrect function 2. Google Script error See attached screen shots for each. I have Bitdefender Internet Security and have also run...
  6. How to disable System Information Pop-Up Window on Start UP

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable System Information Pop-Up Window on Start UP: I started getting a System Information pop-up every time I start my system. That didn't use to happen, but it does now. Something in the configuration must have changed. Does anyone know how to disable this annoying pop-up in Windows 10 v2004? Regards 161500
  7. How can I disable this annoying pop-up from Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I disable this annoying pop-up from Microsoft: Windows 10 Home ver. 1903 Frequently, when playing an online game, I get the pop-up in the picture below, sometimes, at very very inopportune times. Such as when the swing meter is coming "down" on an eagle putt. The pop up blocks the entire right side of my screen, and that...
  8. Bing on start up

Bing on start up: Two weeks ago 'Bing search engine opens each time I log into my computer. Can't find in start up settings where to turn off. Anyone help? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-on-start-up/8dc9641c-a455-4a08-a7d9-9f74978f8321
  9. Pop-ups at start up

Pop-ups at start up: At start up I keep getting pop-ups asking me to share additional information with HP. It is incredibly irritating. Does anyone know how I can get rid of these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-ups-at-start-up/9152e1ee-8572-4436-9166-84c4b5180542
  10. How to get rid of Bing popping up?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of Bing popping up?: Good Afternoon All, Since this forum always solves my problems I hope someone will kindly solve this one. When I don't use my computer for a while it goes dark and then when I click the mouse I have to click on my name and click sign in. When I do so Bing shopping or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. eliminate bing from winodws 10 startup