Windows 10: How can edge favorites text labels be removed so they are just icons

Discus and support How can edge favorites text labels be removed so they are just icons in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How can edge favorites text labels be removed so they are just icons 9925 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sjay, Jul 29, 2015.

1. sjay Win User

How can edge favorites text labels be removed so they are just icons

:)

2. Favorites bar in IE/Edge??

Windows 10 upgraded from build 10162, impressed, I only had to reload and audio driver. Favorites bar enabled, imported existing favorites no problems. The icons in the favorites bar now have text labels and I can't figure out how to remove the labels.
    In IE11 it's simple, right click an icon select icons only and it's done. How do I remove the labels?

JohnCalligan, Jul 29, 2015
  3. How to I get the labels to go away on the favorites bar in Edge.

Not sure why the previous explanation isn't clear but here is more.

Edge has a favorites bar

You can save websites to the favorites bar

Edge forces you to have a text with it

I don't want any text

I delete the text and it won't save

So I am forced to put a one letter name

This more than doubles the space the icon takes.

I shouldn't be forced to have text

Chrome doesn't require the text and the icon is the only thing that shows

Chrome also allows you to edit the icon on the bookmarks bar to remove text

Just to repeat. I do not want any text on my bookmarks bar

WalterCullop, Jul 29, 2015
  4. How can edge favorites text labels be removed so they are just icons

I'm eager to find out how to do this as well! I imported all my bookmarks from Chrome, which over there were simply the clean look of the Site Icons. I see no way to edit them in Edge. I'm thinking perhaps I have to delete them and start over? Hmmmm

Looking forward to replies! Thanks!

GingerGirl, Jul 31, 2015
  5. I'll join the question_____________________

There doesn't appear to be much flexibility with this favorites bar

enigma1944, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can edge favorites text labels be removed so they are just icons - Similar Threads - edge favorites text

2. No icons just text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No icons just text: also control panel doesn't work at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-icons-just-text/ccc89413-8600-4e50-8a23-af022bafe2d3
  3. No icons just text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No icons just text: also control panel doesn't work at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-icons-just-text/ccc89413-8600-4e50-8a23-af022bafe2d3
  4. No icons, just text

in Windows 10 Customization
    No icons, just text: Hi, all the icons on my desktop vanished. There is only text left. Same goes for the file explorer. I tried multiple things but nothing worked. Can anybody help`[ATTACH]...
  5. size of icon and text on favorites bar in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    size of icon and text on favorites bar in Microsoft Edge: 1803 just downloaded, I need to get things back the way they were, the icons and text in favorites bar are smaller than they were, how to make larger 109809
  6. size of favorites bar icon and text

in Windows 10 Support
    size of favorites bar icon and text: 1803 just downloaded, I need to get things back the way they were, the icons and text in favorites bar are smaller than they were, how to make larger 109809
  7. Favorite icons in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorite icons in Edge: I like the way that the list of internet favourites arranges itself in alphabetical order in Microsoft Edge. Since the latest upgrade, 10586.3, some of the icons have started to grow. Pc World and Screwfix have grown to ten times their original size, and I have restored them...
  8. How can file folder with favorites be load into Edge favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    How can file folder with favorites be load into Edge favorites?: I have lost all my Favorites in Edge. I have recovered a copy of the desired Favorites and have placed these favorites on my desktop as a file folder. The file structure has all the folders, and within each folder, the links to all the favorite websites. I have tried placing...
  9. Edge - Can favorites be sorted?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Can favorites be sorted?: I am likely missing something here, but I can not seem to figure out how I can sort my favorites in Edge alphabetically? When a favorite is added it is added to the bottom of the list, and so on. I would like to sort them alphabetically if possible. Thanks for any tips,...
  10. Edge Favorites Icons

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Icons: In these new Win 10 builds is the option to only have icons (No text) in the Edge Favorites bar available yet ? 27520