Windows 10: How can file folder with favorites be load into Edge favorites?

Discus and support How can file folder with favorites be load into Edge favorites? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have lost all my Favorites in Edge. I have recovered a copy of the desired Favorites and have placed these favorites on my desktop as a file folder.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bobold, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Bobold Win User

How can file folder with favorites be load into Edge favorites?

I have lost all my Favorites in Edge. I have recovered a copy of the desired Favorites and have placed these favorites on my desktop as a file folder. The file structure has all the folders, and within each folder, the links to all the favorite websites. I have tried placing the contents of this file into the following location: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\De fault
    I understand that this is the default location for Edge Favorites. With the desired “Favorites” folder placed and verified in the above location and I open Edge and click on Favorites and all I see under Favorites are two folders “Favorites Bar” and “BookmarksBar” (as expected both currently empty). I had hoped to see also an expandable “Favorites” folder with all the subfolders. I would appreciate help in how to use the previous referenced Desktop file folder or its content to restore my Favorites in Edge.

:)

Bobold, Feb 2, 2016

2. Favorites disappeared from Microsoft Edge after November upgrade

Creating an updated Internet Explorer favorites folder in File Explorer by populating it with the most recent Edge favorites links in File Explorer and then importing them to Edge appears to be a workable solution. Perhaps carefully renaming the favorite’s
    folders and using drag-and-drop under File Explorer would also work. I’ll wait for an Edge favorites import fix from Microsoft because creating and importing a self-updated Internet Explorer favorite’s folder for import to Edge could result in a totally messed
    up favorites and/or favorites bar disaster that could not easily be reversed.

Microsoft made a huge mistake by not automatically making the most recent Edge favorites available to the program or accessible in File Explorer after a November upgrade to Windows and Edge. It may not be possible to create a browser feature that
    is as efficient as using File Explorer for updating, organizing, sorting, and renaming favorite’s links. Perhaps Edge should merely include an icon link to a Favorites folder for favorite’s maintenance purposes. Ultimately, the key to providing users a method
    for resolving favorite’s problems created by Microsoft is to ensure users can get to favorites in a File Explorer folder.

DonBurgard, Feb 2, 2016
  3. Is it possible to Sync Microsoft Edge favorites folder with OneDrive folder?

Deepika Gowda - Please describe exactly how to create an "option to sync" Microsoft Edge Favorites, and explain with what file(s) those Favorites can be synced. Thanks.

DavidDubya, Feb 2, 2016
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there, Bobold. Welcome to the forum

The only way I know how is to place them in Favorites folder using File Explorer. That's actually for IE. Then import them using Edge.

3-dot menu > Settings > Favorites Settings > Import.

How can file folder with favorites be load into Edge favorites? [​IMG]

How can file folder with favorites be load into Edge favorites? [​IMG]

Tony K, Feb 2, 2016
  5. Bobold Win User
    Thanks for your reply. It has helped to get me further I believe but I still do not see the desired attempted Favorites in Edge. I see all the favorites in using File Explorer and I also see them in IE. That said when I go to Settings in Edge as you suggested to import them there is a hyperlink "Import favorites from another browser". The only option it gives is Internet Explorer so with that selected I click "Import". Checking the favorites in Edge it shows none of the favorites that are still in IE. Very strange. Is there a limit on the size of the Favorites? This one has I more than 100 folders.

Bobold, Feb 3, 2016
  6. Tony K Win User
    Hmm. To be honest I've been having trouble with Favorites myself and suspect it has something to do with OneDrive backing them up of which one cannot view that segment of OneDrive. That segment backs up settings and other app's data as well. This is all with an MS account signing into 8.1/Insider Preview 10 as a dual boot and on my Lumia Windows phone. This started going haywire about 1-1/2 weeks ago with a new 10 build install. That was a build ago.

The problem was that Edge showed my Favorites, but in all my IEs (all 3 OSs) the folders were empty. Not much on the Net with help. As a workaround I back them up on OneDrive and add to each OS Favorites folders as needed. A PITA, but don't know what else to do. Ironic that my Edge in my 10 displays all whereas yours aren't. Go figure! *Confused

Hopefully someone has a solution. I'll hunt the Net again to see and report back if I find anything.

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can file folder with favorites be load into Edge favorites? - Similar Threads - file folder favorites

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  4. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  5. How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge: When I try to import Favorites from Windows Favorites folder, by going to Edge Settings > Import or Export > Import from file. Then select: C drive > Users > User name > Favorites folder. It only shows the URL short cuts in the Favorites sub-folder, with no way to select...
  6. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  7. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favorites: How do you change the width of the Favorites Side panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-favorites/7d3ac0b7-4fb5-4364-a313-2804ea3e431f
  8. Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites: I too would like to access my W10 Edge Favorites list to edit them. But I find it incredible that no-one (including Microsoft) appears to know where they. I did come across one reply in the Windows 10 forum that listed them but not in the folders in the drop-down list in Edge...
  9. Edge Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites.: I just noticed after doing a clean install of windows 10 1607, that my favorites in ms edge are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Henry 58963
  10. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...