Windows 10: how can i access bitlocker in my laptop

Discus and support how can i access bitlocker in my laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I access bitlocker in my laptop??... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SonuJoshi1, Feb 18, 2020.

1. how can i access bitlocker in my laptop

How can I access bitlocker in my laptop??

:)

SonuJoshi1, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Bitlocker menu in Control Panel is gone!!!!!

Hi,

From the above screenshot I see that you are not able to access or see the Bitlocker Drive Encryption in Control Panel, i suggest you to change the view of the Control panel and then check if you are able to access or view it.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Select the View by options in the upper right pane.
    • In Category select the small icons and then check if you can view the Bitlocker Drive Encryption option.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 18, 2020
  4. how can i access bitlocker in my laptop

Bitlocker

Hi,

Some background

• I have a Lenovo / Windows 10 laptop. It was purchased 2 years ago and I have never encountered or installed BitLocker on it.
    • I am at university and access my university account through the laptop - OneDrive, Office 365, Outlook etc.

The problem

• On starting my laptop, I am asked for the BitLocker recovery key.
      • To retrieve the key it provides a link which directs me to my university account (microsoft account), however I have no privileges (+ don't have the encryption key).
      • I am also given a key ID & the Drive Label for my laptop.
    • I phoned my Uni IT support, who were not very helpful and said as it was a personal laptop they could not be of any assistance.
    • I would rather not reinstall Windows as I have my Uni notes on the laptop.

Questions

• Which of the below is possible.
      • Bitlocker was preinstalled on my computer and somehow got triggered
      • Bitlocker was triggered due to my interactions with the universities applications, given that the link is to my university account.
        • Or could either of these be possible.

Summary

• Basically I would like to know if it is possible to confirm that it is the use of the universities applications that has resulted in the triggering of BitLocker and not something else?

BillyIrwin, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

how can i access bitlocker in my laptop

1. how can i access bitlocker in my laptop - Similar Threads - access bitlocker laptop

2. How can I bypass the PIN to access my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I bypass the PIN to access my laptop: Good afternoon,I have a new HP laptop. When I add my email and password to log in, the next step is to create a pin.I click next to create a pin and receive the following message "Something went wrong ... We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this...
  3. How can I bypass the PIN to access my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I bypass the PIN to access my laptop: Good afternoon,I have a new HP laptop. When I add my email and password to log in, the next step is to create a pin.I click next to create a pin and receive the following message "Something went wrong ... We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this...
  4. how can i access the bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i access the bitlocker recovery key: i tried everything but it always lead me to a webpage that is not working and i really need that recovery asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-access-the-bitlocker-recovery-key/af11e241-3717-4358-a82c-75cac560a76a
  5. how can i access the bitlocker recovery key

how can i access the bitlocker recovery key: i tried everything but it always lead me to a webpage that is not working and i really need that recovery asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-access-the-bitlocker-recovery-key/af11e241-3717-4358-a82c-75cac560a76a
  6. how can i access the bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. BITLOCKER - CAN NOT ACCESS MY LAPTOP AND DO NOT HAVE THIS KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BITLOCKER - CAN NOT ACCESS MY LAPTOP AND DO NOT HAVE THIS KEY: My Laptop is only 12 months old and after it went through the update I am now stuck with Bitlock Recoverey with no Bitlock Key in my MS Account. The Laptop shows as a device but no Key. I have wasted 5 days and talked to 4 Techs regarding this and they all state that the Key...
  8. BITLOCKER - CAN NOT ACCESS MY LAPTOP AND DO NOT HAVE THIS KEY

BITLOCKER - CAN NOT ACCESS MY LAPTOP AND DO NOT HAVE THIS KEY: My Laptop is only 12 months old and after it went through the update I am now stuck with Bitlock Recoverey with no Bitlock Key in my MS Account. The Laptop shows as a device but no Key. I have wasted 5 days and talked to 4 Techs regarding this and they all state that the Key...
  9. BITLOCKER - CAN NOT ACCESS MY LAPTOP AND DO NOT HAVE THIS KEY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. BitLocker How can I access drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    BitLocker How can I access drive?: I have a hard drive that was suspended during an in-place install win 10, build 16299-431. I resumed BitLocker protection on all drives (5 internal ) but this one I can't open any of the files but name and properties are visible and accessible. I can read and write to drive....